George Galloway - Hizbollah Is Not A Terrorist Organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Qsaint said:

Did he really.

Qsaint, I'd suggest that in the future you read your links.

"He tells me of the time he returned from Iraq in 1994 to an unsurprising carpeting from the whips having told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." Galloway has always claimed he was addressing the Iraqi public rather than the leader, and that it was most infelicitous to use "you" instead of "youse".

"I could come back and conform to the stereotyping of dictators. I could have said he had a brutish handshake, but he didn't. I could have said that he was bombastic and loved the sound of his own voice, but that was not true. I believe in telling the truth as I find it. Which is not to say that he's not a brutal dictator. He is a brutal dictator."

Demonic Ascent said:
I've never heard of Galloway before and know nothing of him or his politics, but....

he caned that bitch :D

George Galloway went on Celebrity Big brother this year. He had never seen the show before so he knew nothing of BigBrothers editing and exploits. He wanted to go on the show so he could get his message across to the younger generation.

Apparently he's a highly intelligent guy however the show has pretty much destroyed him career wise because he was involved in ridiculous tasks like behaving like a cat and drinking milk out of a bowl.

He didn't realise how ridiculous he looked and he was naive to think that BB was the right platform for his political agenda.

section8 said:
Man is not created equal.
Cultures are not created equal.
Religions are not created equal.

I disagree. Humankind was created equal, Mankind created differences by establishing points of difference such as culture and religion and then assiging a ranking to them. At the core the loss of one human life regardless of race, colour, creed etc is a tragedy.

FrediKanoute said:
I disagree. Humankind was created equal, Mankind created differences by establishing points of difference such as culture and religion and then assiging a ranking to them. At the core the loss of one human life regardless of race, colour, creed etc is a tragedy.

I'll have what he's having.

section8 said:
Man is not created equal.
Cultures are not created equal.
Religions are not created equal.

man is created as equal
cultures and religions are not created equal, they arent even created, they evolve. Both are aligned to humans, following a habitual lifestyle. One dude might be inclined to do something that someome else in the tribe takes a shining to, then slowly the "fashion" spreads. ;)

Lestat said:
Did he really.

Qsaint, I'd suggest that in the future you read your links.

"He tells me of the time he returned from Iraq in 1994 to an unsurprising carpeting from the whips having told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." Galloway has always claimed he was addressing the Iraqi public rather than the leader, and that it was most infelicitous to use "you" instead of "youse".

"I could come back and conform to the stereotyping of dictators. I could have said he had a brutish handshake, but he didn't. I could have said that he was bombastic and loved the sound of his own voice, but that was not true. I believe in telling the truth as I find it. Which is not to say that he's not a brutal dictator. He is a brutal dictator."

But he said it, he says he didn't mean it, it was meant to be addressing the people and then goes on to say Saddam wasn't a good bloke. But that does not take away the fact that he said it

FrediKanoute said:
I disagree. Humankind was created equal, Mankind created differences by establishing points of difference such as culture and religion and then assiging a ranking to them.

Bollocks. Mankind never has, and never will, be "equal".

For one, mankind evolved - it was not created.

For two, mankind has a faily structured heirachy when it evolved indicating that not all people were equal.

For three, people still follow this heirachy whether conciously or unconciously.

At the core the loss of one human life regardless of race, colour, creed etc is a tragedy.

I agree totally.

otaku said:
I agree totally.

I totally disagree. This is just another case of overuse and of gross exageration to the point that words lose their meaning and intent.

Qsaint said:

No he doesn't at all.

An astonishing outright lie. He completely denies he said it to Saddam.

But he said it, he says he didn't mean it, it was meant to be addressing the people and then goes on to say Saddam wasn't a good bloke. But that does not take away the fact that he said it

He doesn't say he didn't mean it. He said it was not said to Saddam, but to the Iraqi people.

You have deceitfully claimed he admitted saying it to Saddam. He has never said that anywhere. He has denied it completely.

You are a flagrant liar.

just maybe said:
No he doesn't at all.

He doesn't say he didn't mean it. He said it was not said to Saddam, but to the Iraqi people.

You have deceitfully claimed he admitted saying it to Saddam. He has never said that anywhere. He has denied it completely.

You are a flagrant liar.

I have told you a million times

What you want to happen or you dream happened, did not mean it really happened

just maybe said:
No he doesn't at all.

You are a flagrant liar.

He tells me of the time he returned from Iraq in 1994 to an unsurprising carpeting from the whips having told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." Galloway has always claimed he was addressing the Iraqi public rather than the leader, and that it was most infelicitous to use "you" instead of "youse".

He said it ....? what are you reading - he may deny the meaning of or his grammar but look at the words and he was speaking to Sadaam at the time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moo said:
He tells me of the time he returned from Iraq in 1994 to an unsurprising carpeting from the whips having told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability." Galloway has always claimed he was addressing the Iraqi public rather than the leader, and that it was most infelicitous to use "you" instead of "youse".

He said it ....? what are you reading - he may deny the meaning of or his grammar but look at the words and he was speaking to Sadaam at the time?

No he says he was addressing the Iraqi public, not Saddam!

Where does it say he was speaking to Saddam?

just maybe said:
No he says he was addressing the Iraqi public, not Saddam!

Where does it say he was speaking to Saddam?

He was talking to Saddam - he even admits that he understands how people got the wrong impression.

The words Sir and you are big hints and the fact that the whole article is about George and his meeting with Saddam. He wasn't on a balcony addressing a mass of Iraqis.

I just dont like the way you call Q a liar - when in fact you might be saying that he is mistaken in the interpretation of George's comments.

I think he said it personally, however a lot of western pollies have done much worse in private by selling weapons and propping him up early in the piece.

Moo said:
He was talking to Saddam - he even admits that he understands how people got the wrong impression.

He doesn't say he was talking to Saddam. Not anywhere.

The words Sir and you are big hints and the fact that the whole article is about George and his meeting with Saddam. He wasn't on a balcony addressing a mass of Iraqis.

That is your assumption. Is Saddam the only person in Iraq he would address with 'Sir' and 'you' ? :rolleyes:

I just dont like the way you call Q a liar - when in fact you might be saying that he is mistaken in the interpretation of George's comments.

Fine, we can call Q guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation. He attempted to represent to us something that did not accord with the true facts. Would you prefer I call him a fraud?

I think he said it personally, however a lot of western pollies have done much worse in private by selling weapons and propping him up early in the piece.

I have no opinion on Galloway, know nothing about him, and think that while he tore the reporter a new one in that video he also didn't come across that well himself.

Having said that, I read that article and that issue is conveniently fudged and nowhere does it make it anywhere near clear whether he was actually near Saddam when he said those words, or that they were said to Saddam at all - it only talks about them in the context of his return to England and his reasons for saying that line. The situation is completely excised from the article.

Hence I find it deceitful for Q to be trumpeting to Lestat that Galloway had 'admitted as much' when he had done nothing of the sort. As I said, a fraudulent misrepresentation.

just maybe said:

You didnt need to tell me you knew nothing about Galloway - it is quite obvious.

You should have seen him in front of the US Senate Committee - it is probably the greatest question answering session I have ever seen.

However the fact you overlook is George is a straight shooter - he does not deny saying it and basically has said he understands how people came to that conclusion and it was a poor choice of wording. If he had been out in an Iraqi date palm plantation talking to Razzak the Camel Herder - do you think he might ahve said so?

Anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: do your own research.

Moo said:
You didnt need to tell me you knew nothing about Galloway - it is quite obvious.

You should have seen him in front of the US Senate Committee - it is probably the greatest question answering session I have ever seen.

However the fact you overlook is George is a straight shooter - he does not deny saying it and basically has said he understands how people came to that conclusion and it was a poor choice of wording. If he had been out in an Iraqi date palm plantation talking to Razzak the Camel Herder - do you think he might ahve said so?

Anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: do your own research.

He quite clearly denies that he was addressing Saddam. He quite clearly states that he was addressing the Iraqi people. Now whether or not you choose to take him for his word is another question.

However, Qsaint quite clearly in reply to my post claimed that 'he admits as much'. No, he doesn't. Quite clearly he does not admit the original claim made by Medusala.

He goes onto to say that Saddam was a brutal dictator. It is rather clear that he does not 'admit as much' as Qsaint suggested.

I'm with JM on this one.

Lestat said:
He quite clearly denies that he was addressing Saddam. He quite clearly states that he was addressing the Iraqi people. Now whether or not you choose to take him for his word is another question.

However, Qsaint quite clearly in reply to my post claimed that 'he admits as much'. No, he doesn't. Quite clearly he does not admit the original claim made by Medusala.

He goes onto to say that Saddam was a brutal dictator. It is rather clear that he does not 'admit as much' as Qsaint suggested.

I'm with JM on this one.

Hardly a flagarant lie by any standards but is it?

Lestat said:

I'm with JM on this one.

Well Lestat in good old english fashion why doesn't he sue the press?

Oh hang on he does, its in the British legal system, reported by Reuters, where he says?????????????????????????? In Court

British MP Wins Libel Case Over Iraq Allegations
by Paul Majendie

LONDON - British parliamentarian George Galloway, one of the most outspoken critics of war in Iraq, won a libel battle with the Daily Telegraph newspaper Thursday over its allegations that he was "in the pay" of Saddam Hussein.

High Court judge David Eady said the allegations were "seriously defamatory" and awarded the Scottish MP $291,000.

He refused to give the newspaper permission to appeal in the case.

Galloway, a flamboyant figure known as "Gorgeous George" for his colorful love life, was expelled from Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labor Party last year after branding Blair and President Bush "wolves" for their invasion of Iraq.

It was the second time he had won damages over Iraq allegations against him. In March, he accepted an undisclosed sum from the U.S.-based Christian Science Monitor over a story which alleged he took $10 million to support Saddam.

Speaking after the case, Galloway launched a tirade against Blair and said the Telegraph had been given a "judicial caning."

"The Daily Telegraph has been held to account, and what an account it has been. But when is Tony Blair going to be held to account?" he said to cheers from his supporters.

"Tony Blair dragged this country into a disastrous war ... all for a pack of lies," he added.

The case centered on newspaper articles in April 2003 that were based on documents discovered in Iraq by Telegraph reporter David Blair.

Galloway said the articles "claimed that I had made very substantial secret profits from Saddam Hussein and his regime."

During the hearing, he denied that he was "a greedy crook" who took cash from the regime of the former Iraqi leader to fund a luxury lifestyle.

The court watched a video in which Galloway told Saddam "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability."

Galloway said that with hindsight his choice of words was unfortunate and that he had meant to praise the strength of the Iraqi people.

The 50-year-old Glasgow MP told the judge, who was sitting without a jury, that he never took "Saddam's shilling" to live the good life with a home in London, a villa in Portugal and "at least a box of Havana cigars."

The Telegraph said it had not claimed that the allegations contained in the documents it published were true, merely that they raised matters that needed investigating in the public interest.

Judge Eady dismissed the newspaper's claims that it was obliged to put them into the public domain.

"In all the circumstances, it cannot be said that the defendants were under a social or moral duty to make the allegations about Mr. Galloway at that time and without any attempt at verification," he said.

© Copyright 2004 Reuters Ltd

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1203-10.htm

As reported by egyptian newspaper it actually caught on a tv clip

In one TV clip -- shown repeatedly whenever Galloway hits the news -- Galloway tells Saddam: "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability and I want you to know that we are with you." Galloway claims he was talking about the Iraqi people, but such deference to a notorious tyrant doesn't play well with his domestic audience or his party's leadership.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/662/in3.htm

The ABC

MARK COLVIN: At the top of the program we heard George Galloway trying to rub some salt into Tony Blair's wounds.

Mr Galloway is the ex Labour MP who in the 90s went to Baghdad and interviewed Saddam Hussein, famously using the words, "Sir, I salute your strength, your courage and your indefatigability".

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2005/s1361986.htm

Honorable Mr. Galloway, you met with Saddam Hussein in Baghdad in 1994 and said, "Sir, I salute your courage, your strength your indefatigability. And I want you to know that we are with you until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem."

http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=457

In bizarre scenes, the man who once told Saddam Hussein: "Sir, we salute your strength, your courage, your indefatigability
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...e-salute-your-fine-cat-ability-name_page.html

Lestat said:
Perhaps not a 'flagrant lie', however, I'm sure you'll agree that it was misleading.

Personally, I think George Galloway was directing his comments to Sadaam, but we will never know if he meant the words to be for Sadaam or the Iraqis.

JM's slant is just silly.

just maybe said:

Fine, we can call Q guilty of fraudulent misrepresentation. He attempted to represent to us something that did not accord with the true facts. Would you prefer I call him a fraud?

:D The internet have things called search engines

Qsaint said:
Well Lestat in good old english fashion why doesn't he sue the press?

Oh hang on he does, its in the British legal system, reported by Reuters, where he says?????????????????????????? In Court

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1203-10.htm

As reported by egyptian newspaper it actually caught on a tv clip

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/662/in3.htm

The ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2005/s1361986.htm

http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=457

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...e-salute-your-fine-cat-ability-name_page.html

I still fail to see anywhere in any of those links where Galloway admits that he was praising Saddam, which is what you implied when I replied to Medusala's post.

Lestat said:
Did he now? Do you have any evidence of this, or is this another one of those false accusations like when the US accused him of abusing the oil for food program.

The accusations were false then, and I suspect that they are false now.

QSaint said:
Lestat he admits as much here in an interview

Remove this Banner Ad

George Galloway - Hizbollah Is Not A Terrorist Organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Back