Get Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

If we got him (and I seriously doubt we're interested) I'd have just one rule... no more Footy Show. No more working with moron producers who load the bloke up with booze, put a microphone in his hand, and hope he does something outrageous.

Spot on.
I am 99% sure we won't even talk to him, but if we did, I wouldn't be unhappy. Having a gun player to watch week in week out makes for a different footy experience. Those who are old enough will now what I mean, even though Fev isn't quite in the same league.

If we got him (and I seriously doubt we're interested) I'd have just one rule... no more Footy Show. No more working with moron producers who load the bloke up with booze, put a microphone in his hand, and hope he does something outrageous.

He doesn't need moron producers to load him up on booze from what I saw of him in the birdcage on Melbourne Cup day.

id buy FEV a pub and supply him with all the booze if his gonna kick 90 to 100 goals ayear.....get him down to arden st, would love to see him in the roos jumper....FFFFFFEEEEEVVVVVOOOOLLLLLAAAAAA

some whispers around that we are getting judd in a straight swap for gibson so dont think fev would be a good fit for us

Good point.

While we're on the subject, better find out how Murphy, Gibbs, and Brad Fisher all get on with him, too.

I bet ya he doesnt go anywhere and its a scare tactic they used on him. It will come to the end of trade week and they will say a sutiable deal couldnt be done due to financial arrangements or some crap.....my gut instinct says he will stay at the blues.

Why would we pay $700 grand for someone who is 29, has an alcohol problem, is not a team player or hardworker? He has a sook when the ball isn't kicked to him and doesn't work hard enough when he doesn't have it.
If we're going to give a first round pick and that cash, you'd want a team player who is going to give you 5 years or more.

Sure the Duck had his problems, but he was a team player, he set up teammates and that's why we won premierships back then. If we get Fev, the team-first culture will be dead at the club.

You SHOULD realize that our forward line is rubbish and will struggle to kick winning scores in the coming years. Someone like Fev would snag between 60 and 100 and probabaly get us back to top 6.... and with someone of his calibre there it means that blokes like Edwards, Petrie, Smith, (possibly Hale) will get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best defenders each week and not have to worry so much! I don't give a shit about his past, we'd only have to keep in in check for a max of 4 years. Grooming our young tall forwards is a must and it aint gonna happen with what we have right now.

You SHOULD realize that our forward line is rubbish and will struggle to kick winning scores in the coming years. Someone like Fev would snag between 60 and 100 and probabaly get us back to top 6.... and with someone of his calibre there it means that blokes like Edwards, Petrie, Smith, (possibly Hale) will get the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best defenders each week and not have to worry so much! I don't give a shit about his past, we'd only have to keep in in check for a max of 4 years. Grooming our young tall forwards is a must and it aint gonna happen with what we have right now.

I would be concerned about keeping him in check for 4 weeks! :(

Between Fevola, Edwards & Carey, NMFC would never be out of the headlines, for all the wrong reasons!

I would be concerned about keeping him in check for 4 weeks! :(

Between Fevola, Edwards & Carey, NMFC would never be out of the headlines, for all the wrong reasons!

Lol toughen up! His body language has been pretty good the last 2 years and i know who i would rather be investing my time into out of Fevola and Edwards. Who would you choose?

Perhaps you guys can sort out something that confuses me. Scott Gullan wrote this in today's Hun, when analysing each club's interest in Fevola:

[quote='"scott gullan"]North Melbourne

Having Footy Show host as a plus and the Roos have forward line issues. Money is the major stubling block

Possibility: 5/10[/quote]

I don't get the money bit (or the bit about JB, but's that's neither here nor there).

Are we not paying 100% of the salary cap these days? If NM has less cash compared to other clubs, then that might affect the operations, but not the player payments?

And as North has a young, relatively low profile list (only Boomer could genuinely be called elite at the moment, and demand big bucks, but he'd be on the veteran's list these days, surely) - wouldn't we have a pretty decent amount of room under our salary cap?

Or is Gullan trying to subtly say that NM has salary cap issues because it doesn't have a Visy to "top up" player payments?

I would have thought that whatever other reasons NM might have to not look at Fev, money would not be one of them.

Am I missing something here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you guys can sort out something that confuses me. Scott Gullan wrote this in today's Hun, when analysing each club's interest in Fevola:

I don't get the money bit (or the bit about JB, but's that's neither here nor there).

Are we not paying 100% of the salary cap these days? If NM has less cash compared to other clubs, then that might affect the operations, but not the player payments?

And as North has a young, relatively low profile list (only Boomer could genuinely be called elite at the moment, and demand big bucks, but he'd be on the veteran's list these days, surely) - wouldn't we have a pretty decent amount of room under our salary cap?

Or is Gullan trying to subtly say that NM has salary cap issues because it doesn't have a Visy to "top up" player payments?

I would have thought that whatever other reasons NM might have to not look at Fev, money would not be one of them.

Am I missing something here?

Only the garbage journalism:thumbsdown:

Money wouldn't be an issue at all, especially with the Blues picking up most of the cheque over the first couple of years.

That's just rubbish from Gullan.

Rohan Connelly on 3AW last night said he's gone through all 15 teams and he sees us as the perfect fit for Fev. As he stated that he said "Every club has the money to afford Fev. North don't have any notable forward targets currently. I think the next club he plays with will see the best of him too, with very little chance he'll fall into his idiotic ways. New coach with a no nonsense streak, a good relationship with Brayshaw, and the appeal of his ability to put bums on seats, all adds up to a perfect fit for North in my opinion!"

Money wouldn't be an issue at all, especially with the Blues picking up most of the cheque over the first couple of years.

That's just rubbish from Gullan.

Rohan Connelly on 3AW last night said he's gone through all 15 teams and he sees us as the perfect fit for Fev. As he stated that he said "Every club has the money to afford Fev. North don't have any notable forward targets currently. I think the next club he plays with will see the best of him too, with very little chance he'll fall into his idiotic ways. New coach with a no nonsense streak, a good relationship with Brayshaw, and the appeal of his ability to put bums on seats, all adds up to a perfect fit for North in my opinion!"

Connelly is right. And the new stadium deal adds a million or so to the coffers so we should be able to afford him. Add to that the fact we are all under the salary cap at the moment. I'd love to have a Fev at the club but we all know he is a ticking time bomb. No question that he is a champion footballer.
On the balance I am still a no thank you. But everyday his price gets cheaper as other clubs say no. Interesting that we haven't been reported in any press report as saying a definite no as yet.

Do it!

I mean get him as long as it doesn't involved our first pick, think about it - our defence was great this year, our midfield is improving and looks decent at full strength (get classy mid with pick 5), only thing missing is a forward target, we could be top 4 next year with him imo.

Pick 21 + Hale

Cheers guys :thumbsu:

Can't say I'd be unhappy if we got him.

After all - the last time North recruited a past Coleman medal winner, looked what happened :)

Equally, I'm more than happy for the Roos to keep building - I have a fair amount of faith in the kids around the club. Some of them look keepers to me.

Can't say I am keen...but the whisper at draft camp yesterday was about Fev and North.
Nothing more than a whisper, but a few people were talking about it apparently.

The general silence about Fev around the club is worrying.

The general silence about Fev around the club is worrying.

The club is keeping everything quiet at the moment.

Very different to how the club has been during the year.

No news can be frustrating but i have full confidence in whatever decisions are being made will be good.

The club is keeping everything quiet at the moment.

Very different to how the club has been during the year.

No news can be frustrating but i have full confidence in whatever decisions are being made will be good.

Yep! :thumbsu:

There isn't 2 sides to this argument. Aside from Drew (who is more of a utility), our tall forward stocks are pretty much 0. Not trying to land Fevola is simply not trying to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back