Get Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the news this morning, collingwood said Fevola does not fit there plans, and St kilda have also said they wont trade for fevola.

Brisbane is the one that is quietly talking to Fev's management I hear.

Would love to have him at North at the right price (both trade wise and salary).

Money wouldn't be an issue at all, especially with the Blues picking up most of the cheque over the first couple of years.

That's just rubbish from Gullan.

Rohan Connelly on 3AW last night said he's gone through all 15 teams and he sees us as the perfect fit for Fev. As he stated that he said "Every club has the money to afford Fev. North don't have any notable forward targets currently. I think the next club he plays with will see the best of him too, with very little chance he'll fall into his idiotic ways. New coach with a no nonsense streak, a good relationship with Brayshaw, and the appeal of his ability to put bums on seats, all adds up to a perfect fit for North in my opinion!"
Agreed about the money. Lazy journalism from Gullan which continues to feed into a stereotyped view of our club.

And Connelly's comments are interesting. There is the possibility, particularly with age (and a big assumption of maturing), that Fev could do a Pykie, but we'll see. The comparison being that Pyke's wayward ways were later attributed to youth. Perhaps Scott has this in mind too?

As long as we weren't giving up a first round pick, this has to be in the 'trust the management' basket I guess.

Brisbane is the one that is quietly talking to Fev's management I hear.
Kimbo said:
There is the possibility, particularly with age (and a big assumption of maturing), that Fev could do a Pykie, but we'll see. The comparison being that Pyke's wayward ways were later attributed to youth. Perhaps Scott has this in mind too?
I mean, perhaps Vossy has this in mind too? :eek:

Expanding on what Connelly said, now I'm at my computer rather than posting from my phone..........

Re Collingwood - "I have enormous doubts that one, Carlton would want to trade a Coleman Medallist to their biggest traditional rivals, and two, that Mick would willingly go against his ethos of developing stars from the kids he's drafted himself. Eddie's a big factor here but Mick would have the final say. We shall see."

It was put to Connelly - "But North aren't one of the teams in the supposed 'premiership window'!" He replied "But that could change very quickly when you consider the players they missed through injury this year, and the guidance of a new strong character and young bloke himself in Brad Scott. I reckon he'll get the best out of the promising kids and Boomer Harvey will be fit again. Noone doubts their winning and competitive culture and I think if they were called Essendon or Collingwood we'd be talking up their future prospects far more vociferously. I see North as a place where the addition of one person, the reigning Coleman Medallist, could have a massive impact very quickly!"

He then went through the bookmakers' odds on which club Fev will go to, and the top 5 or 6 have already said "no"! He suspects that as clubs continue to say they're not interested the less it will cost the club who does draft him.

And Connelly's comments are interesting. There is the possibility, particularly with age (and a big assumption of maturing), that Fev could do a Pykie, but we'll see. The comparison being that Pyke's wayward ways were later attributed to youth. Perhaps Scott has this in mind too?

That too was raised by Connelly, the Pykie reformation at North.

What is our strategic path to a premiership if we recruited for Fevola? I wouldn't have thought it would be good timing for us if he will be 29 going into next season. I think Carlton's demands will be to high as well (unless they really, really want to get rid of him). I could stomach picking him up in the PSD if he slid to us, but otherwise I think we'd end up giving up too much. He just seems too risky in a trade for my liking.

He'd actually be a great fit for Hawthorn as they could throw Roughead to CHB and have Franklin at CHF and Fevola at FF. Somehow I don't see Pelchen completing a trade, and it would probably mean giving up the chance to recruit Burgoyne (and Gibson). Brisbane seems to be the most likely scenario if Bradshaw wants to return to Victoria... otherwise I can't see much interest unless he is traded on the cheap.

Teams below us would take one step forward and two steps back if they recruited him... we could be in the same boat.

Apparently carlton are going to help pay for some of he's salary if a club is going to recruit him not sure how much but was reported on foxsports website

We understand all the negatives of Fev. When he drinks hes a ********. Simple. I actually empathised for the bloke cause he has been pretty good with drinking this year and maybe last year but obviously cause of his misdemeanors the Brownlow was the end. But the issue is once again, not that hes not drinking. Its that when he does hes a loose cannon.
Now wanting to draw on the positives of Fev. Hes a minimum 80 goal a year FF. Hes elite. Hes a proven matchwinner 2 time Coleman medal winner, 3 time AA. His upside are that he will SOLVE OUR FORWARD LINE PROBLEMS.
Wed be STUPID if we didn look at him. Our backline led by Grima Thompson and Hansen with McMahon and Gav is the best outside the top6. Young too. Ruck stocks booming with Mc and Goldi. Midfield taken care of with Wells, Ziebell, Swallow and Anthony. And our forwards are screaming for someone to help Petrie. Add Fevola. Campbell and Warren. Harvey in there. Were a Finals side.
I have confidence in Euge that well make the right decision. His relationship with JB is crtical also. However i have the most faith in Scott. If he wants Fev. Hell get the best out of him.
What will it cost us. Hale+Gibbo+Second rounder?. Why not. Carlton get a backmen. A ruckman to release Kruizer. Another kid. And Gibbo doesn go to Hawthorn. Hawks dont get their man. WIN WIN WIN.

I have confidence in Euge that well make the right decision. His relationship with JB is crtical also. However i have the most faith in Scott. If he wants Fev. Hell get the best out of him.
What will it cost us. Hale+Gibbo+Second rounder?. Why not. Carlton get a backmen. A ruckman to release Kruizer. Another kid. And Gibbo doesn go to Hawthorn. Hawks dont get their man. WIN WIN WIN.

I'm not huge on the idea but I'll trust the club if that's the path they go down. I certainly won't be devasted over it if we got him. That being said, I don't know that his value is that high. He's almost 29. Getting dumped from his club and is on a contract that is supposed to be about $1.5M over two years. Either Carlton are paying a heap of this or they're getting nothing of value in a trade - they won't be able to have it both ways IMO.

I dont want Fev. He will cost too much and will hurt our development with losing draft pick/s.If we lose Hale,Gibbo and our 3rd rounder then yes but i think Carlton will get better offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fevola is proven on the field. If there is little interest elsewhere then Hale and a second round pick would be a great outcome for us....we are not kicking enough goals........Fev would fix that!

I'm not huge on the idea but I'll trust the club if that's the path they go down. I certainly won't be devasted over it if we got him. That being said, I don't know that his value is that high. He's almost 29. Getting dumped from his club and is on a contract that is supposed to be about $1.5M over two years. Either Carlton are paying a heap of this or they're getting nothing of value in a trade - they won't be able to have it both ways IMO.

I'm with shinte. But if we did recruit him at the right price it would be nice to have an additional X factor in our forward line for a few years.

I've changed my mind.

Get Fev.

Honestly, this is our biggest deficiency at the moment. Forget about the midfield, that's developing - and quite nicely.

Forget about his age. Who's spot in the side is he taking? Smith's? Wundke's? Bullshit. They're 50/50 at best to ever make it.

Fev would make us a top 8, probably top 6 side next year. I'm sure of it. We'd be in a better position than Carlton because we wouldn't be leaking goals from defense, and we'd finally be kicking winning scores. Our midfield delivery is set to become a lot stronger next year with the reintroduction of Wells, a fully fit Boomer as well as Ziebell and an every improving Spitta.

Get. Fev.

*Cue image of Fev's oversized head on an undersized North body*

I can't really see the point in getting Fev?

But if they decide to get him, let's hope it isn't at the expense of Pick 5? Pick 5 should be reserved for a young midfielder in the draft, not for a goal kicking moron, who can't handle his drink.

Get fev but not for pick 5.

With him we would be a good chance for the top 4.
We get a good run we injury next season and we will make the 8 without him but with him we will be a dangerous team.

Imagine a forward set up comprising of fev,petrie,flash,warren,thomas and boomer.

All the others would have more freedom as everyone from the opp would be fev concious.

Make it happen Scotty

As long as Fev doesn't cost us Pick 5, i'd be absolutely delighted if we were to get him. 21, 25, Hale.
I understand that we're not in a premiership window, but if we were to get Fev, who'll be 29 at the start of the year, you'd have to think he'd have at least 3 good years to play (at 28 he's still booting 86 goals.) We'd then most likely have our forward line sorted, likely to peak in maybe 2011) and our midfield is far from pedestrian. It's a gamble, but for the cost of a 2nd rounder and a fringe player, i'd jump at the chance.
It's not like we're not carrying blokes on our list at the moment with alcohol related issues. We can just hope that Fev integrates into our culture, and doesn't go see any Lionel Richie.

I would love to grab Fev, but would he be good for membership or Bad???

Guaranteed extra 5,000 members. The man is the talk of the town all the time, mostly for the wrong reasons but if it worked for cuz and the tiggies then i'm willing to give him a go.
I doubt it will happen though.

Guaranteed extra 5,000 members. The man is the talk of the town all the time, mostly for the wrong reasons but if it worked for cuz and the tiggies then i'm willing to give him a go.
I doubt it will happen though.
Except those 5000 were all West Australians. We won't get that weird parochial shit drafting Fev.

He will improve membership though - that's because we will win more games. That is the only determinant of membership numbers.

I think fev will solve our forward line problems if we recruit him and i think this is the final boot up the ass he has needed, he will be a gun for whoever picks him up and i very much doubt he will screw up again, GET FEVOLA

You could add about 70 goals to our tally for next year if he joins and Drew will probably benefit not taking the number one defender. He would improve our side so much it's not funny.

Only problem is he is probably the best full forward in the league and we have nothing that we can really offer Carlton. Quit suggesting 2nd rounder and Hale and Gibson.... would you accept that for Fev?! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Get Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back