Getting a good night's sleep

Remove this Banner Ad

Will BigFooty take a stand against getting a good night's sleep?

Many years ago I came to the conclusion that having a visible clock at night served only one purpose: to increase my anxiety and stress on the nights I couldn't sleep well by showing exactly what time it was, and encouraging me to perform all sorts of calculations as to how many hours I had left (what if I go to work a bit late, skip breakfast, etc)

As it got worse, the numbers on the clock got greater, etc etc.

So I turned the clock radio around so I couldn't see it. Now I do not even have one. If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, do you really need to know whether it is 2:30 or 4:45? All you need is for the bloody thing to make enough noise at the right time so you wake up when you need to.

It made a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell do you do for 3 hours?
An hour and a half of running or riding or rowing in the morning and then a similar time of a different thing after work.

I don't like swimming much so I stick to gym. If you do 20 mins of warm up, 45 mins of stuff and then 20 mins of cool down you're almost all the way there.

An hour and a half of running or riding or rowing in the morning and then a similar time of a different thing after work.

I don't like swimming much so I stick to gym. If you do 20 mins of warm up, 45 mins of stuff and then 20 mins of cool down you're almost all the way there.
I thought you meant 3hrs in a row after work before you go to bed. Was wondering what you do for that long. Twice a day is a bit more understandable.

Im quite thankful that i get my exercise in my commute as working out is boring as, for me at least. I miss playing footy tho.

I thought you meant 3hrs in a row after work before you go to bed. Was wondering what you do for that long. Twice a day is a bit more understandable.

Im quite thankful that i get my exercise in my commute as working out is boring as, for me at least. I miss playing footy tho.
I love it, nobody bothers me, I get to listen to music loud, I daydream while I'm doing it. It's great for mental health.

Having a still mind is the best antidote for sleep.

When I was really struggling it was always mind wandering in bed - these days I'm out like a light.

Also, don't worry about the number of hours you're getting. Once you start worrying you're building anxiety, which carries over. 6 hours of restful sleep is infinitely better than 7 hours of anxious sleep. This also helps you create the mindset that you can function on less and you stop inadvertently wondering during the day whether you're rested enough.

There's studies that show that the more you worry about how tired you are, the more tired you're likely to be during the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting a good night's sleep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back