Universal Love Getting around Reece. [UPDATE: REECE RETIRES]

Remove this Banner Ad

It was with sadness that I heard the news of Reece's retirement.

All the best to you macca2112 in everything you do. Don't be a stranger as you have plenty of people here wishing you well.

To the Richmond Football Club and its faithful supporters kudos to you on your handling of this.

Sorry to intrude, just wanted to say that this is really sad news, but happy for young Reece to take the steps he feels necessary to find peace and happiness.

Good on you Tigers for supporting this man and I wish you the best. On our board, the idiot trolling tigers about drafting him was put back in his box, sorry about that.

Sorry to intrude, just wanted to say that this is really sad news, but happy for young Reece to take the steps he feels necessary to find peace and happiness.

Good on you Tigers for supporting this man and I wish you the best. On our board, the idiot trolling tigers about drafting him was put back in his box, sorry about that.
Good work!! And don't be sorry for intruding. Some great stuff from supporters of all clubs on this thread!

some people are just campaigners in this world mate.

Sorry you had no choice but to retire from AFL Reece to your ongoing mental health issues! I wish you played just 1 game but it wont happen now! All the best for the future in whatever you do in your life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so is he gone for good or do we pick him up again down the track

how does it work
Or does someone else?
Didn't that happen once before?

Anyway, nothing but best wishes Reece. Good call. Will help you settle I'm sure.
Cheers

Hey Reece

Can understand for you being down on the circumstances that have brought about your premature retirement from this level of football, but you should be proud as hell for doing what most of us couldn't do and that is to air your situation in such a public forum.

The more of us that don't feel shame for opening up about the internal demons we don't understand, the more lives that will be saved along the way.
Hold your head high. Everyone is on your side.

Gutsy call young man, happy to hear that you have made the decision to put your health first, at 20 it was probably tempting to keep trying to live the AFL dream in the hope it would get easier for you.

I hope you are at peace with the decision and find happiness in the not too distant future.

I would have stayed out the contract, given the club's health support team would be as good as you could get anywhere, and you lock in the salary to further secure your future.

nevertheless, gotta do whats right for you, still very young, a few years down the track can see Reece back as a rookie, hopefully with us.

Just stay reasonably fit in the meantime Reece, not too much McDo!

Hey, macca2112. You're what I call a GTC. A Genuine Tough Campaigner. Morally, spiritually and physically.

This nasty, miserable, pernicious condition is one which attacks like a cowardly sneak.

The dirty bastard always sneaks up from behind. That's the way it operates.

I have some experience of it and it looks like others on this thread also have suffered.

I've had a few crises in my life, such as ... Who am I? Why am I not the person I thought I was? Why aren't I wonderful like I'm supposed to be?

You are a noble person and you have many people barracking for you.

You'll sit comfortably in your own skin one day.

Take all the love that is coming your way because it's all sincere. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Getting around Reece. [UPDATE: REECE RETIRES]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back