Getting our DT and SC leagues organised

Remove this Banner Ad

barely cracked 1500 in SC this week. Disgraceful.

should do a lot better next week though, have actually named a captain and emergencies tis time :eek:

I was reasonably happy with my DT performance - scoring 1963, until I saw I was third last in Div 1. Going to be a tough league that one.

Disappointed with my SC score of 1834 though. Gambled on Cousins which backfired, also had Raines, so there's my two trades for the week gone already. Riewoldt's quiet game stung me as well, hopefully he'll bounce back next week to blitz against the Crows.

Champs update: In DT we whipped the swans 15-1. NFI what that means, but sounds good. :thumbsu:

Kildo do you know what's happening with the SC Championship? The Dt Championships are progressing very well, but the SC seems to have been forgotten about.

Pretty pitiful 1911 for me in SC.

Not sure why Symes didn't play.

Forward line was crap with Roo, Johnno, Douglas, Ziebell and Anthony.

Was expecting decent scores from at least 3 of em...

Rucks scored 15% of my score lol. Considering they take up 6% of my team, not bad.

And I think I got dogged of a point. Had Dawson and Suban as reserves. Dawson scored 36, Suban 37. And for some reason Dawson had his score subbed in instead of Suban?

Im not gonna bitch because it's 1 point, wonder what would have happened if Suban got like 80 though?

Pretty pitiful 1911 for me in SC.

Not sure why Symes didn't play.

Forward line was crap with Roo, Johnno, Douglas, Ziebell and Anthony.

Was expecting decent scores from at least 3 of em...

Rucks scored 15% of my score lol. Considering they take up 6% of my team, not bad.

And I think I got dogged of a point. Had Dawson and Suban as reserves. Dawson scored 36, Suban 37. And for some reason Dawson had his score subbed in instead of Suban?

Im not gonna bitch because it's 1 point, wonder what would have happened if Suban got like 80 though?

Lowest point gatherer gets the position vacated by a zero scoring player in the DEF.

Emergency rules are bloody pathetic, they're bench players they should fill in all spots or you should have as many emergencies as there are separations.

quite happy with my results - even though I somehow forgot to appoint a capgtain for SC (or do you have to confirm the captain closer to the game ? I did appoint emergencies, but not the captain or vice-captain...)

Lowest point gatherer gets the position vacated by a zero scoring player in the DEF.

Emergency rules are bloody pathetic, they're bench players they should fill in all spots or you should have as many emergencies as there are separations.

Hmm, has it always been like this?

Spose I've never really had two emergencies in the same position play in the same week as another player scores 0 lol.

Hmm, has it always been like this?

Spose I've never really had two emergencies in the same position play in the same week as another player scores 0 lol.

I think they were changed (I only started using them around round 17 last year "oooh, so that's what they do...") but from memory it was still 3 but they could fill in anywhere, and you could sub players who had 2 labels like forward or ruck between the 2 positions. That of course as also annexed this year so if you had someone like Petrie in ruck and you want to change him to a forward 1 trade out, 1 trade back in just to shift him.

Just wondering if any of you know an easy way to do this: I have Jack Ziebell in my midfield, and he's classed as a forward/mid player - I'd like to move him to the forward line. Is there a way I can easily kick out one of my forwards and just move Zeibs over, or do I have to trade him out and back in again?

You'd have to trade him in and out again.

Anyone else got Ottens? Not sure who to replace him with. I got 47 thou in the kitty. I was thinking either McIntosh or Petrie. Any suggestions?

Just wondering if any of you know an easy way to do this: I have Jack Ziebell in my midfield, and he's classed as a forward/mid player - I'd like to move him to the forward line. Is there a way I can easily kick out one of my forwards and just move Zeibs over, or do I have to trade him out and back in again?
Gotta trade him in and out unfortunately

Anyone else got Ottens? Not sure who to replace him with. I got 47 thou in the kitty. I was thinking either McIntosh or Petrie. Any suggestions?
I'm trading him for McIntosh, his value's about to skyrocket (plus I already have Petrie)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna have a really shit week. Had BJ as captain coz he normally rapes the crows. Shit idea. I scored 2218 last week I reckon I'll be lucky to get 2000 this week.

McIntosh, Petrie is being below par in his offerings currently.

Probably wont end up now trading after hearing he may only be out for 4 weeks. So not as bad as first thought, I might be able to get by with Jake Spencer.

Is this the last lockout before prices are updated? I have another dillemma. Last one i promise. :p
Boomer Harvey, cost me $600,000.
Has put out a extremely lousy 54 & 59 so far.
Price is going to plummet massively.

Am i better off trading him out for someone like Richo, who's a) cheaper and b) on fire as well as keeping a hold of the money that would have been lost after the update? Or is it an idiotic, unecessary waste of a trade?

Probably wont end up now trading after hearing he may only be out for 4 weeks. So not as bad as first thought, I might be able to get by with Jake Spencer.

Is this the last lockout before prices are updated? I have another dillemma. Last one i promise. :p
Boomer Harvey, cost me $600,000.
Has put out a extremely lousy 54 & 59 so far.
Price is going to plummet massively.

Am i better off trading him out for someone like Richo, who's a) cheaper and b) on fire as well as keeping a hold of the money that would have been lost after the update? Or is it an idiotic, unecessary waste of a trade?
I'm in the same boat for both the above Bench & would like to hear the experts opinion on the Boomer query.

I don't know about trading Boomer, he is quality and should bounce back, but I would definitely use two trades this week before the price changes. Really depends how comfortable you are with the rest of your line-up.

At the moment im thinking that i will trade him, cause the amount of money i'll lose is too much to handle. And the fact that he was tagged out of the game by a 1st gamer doesn't give me much confidence to hold on to him.
At the moment im tossing up between Gia and Richo, slightly leaning more towards Gia. Still NFI about the ruck situation. Jake Spencer won't post anything over 30 and the way H-Mac is going im very tempted.

Yeah I'm facing the same dilemma with Harvey as well, he has been shocking so far.

Normally it's better to stick with quality players if they have the odd bad game or two, as they normally come good over time. It's also sods law that as soon as you trade them they end up having a blinder the next week. Having serious doubts about keeping Harvey though, maybe age is catching up with him now. As much as I don't want to waste another trade, it's tempting to do it now before he suffers a big drop in price.

A lot of the experts (of which I'm not one) would advise against "sideways" trades which are basically trading like for like players. For example Riewoldt is going to decrease significantly but you just know he'll come good.

I resisted the Boomer trade, sucked in by the Roos promise protect him from taggers.
He better come out with a massive score this week....

I resisted the Boomer trade, sucked in by the Roos promise protect him from taggers.
He better come out with a massive score this week....

I bit the bullet and traded Harvey for Skipworth. Gave me enough cash to upgrade one of my backline duds to Leigh Harding.

Knowing my luck though, Harvey will probably be best on ground against Hawthorn and Harding will have a shocker.

I bit the bullet and traded Harvey for Skipworth. Gave me enough cash to upgrade one of my backline duds to Leigh Harding.

Knowing my luck though, Harvey will probably be best on ground against Hawthorn and Harding will have a shocker.

Going from past history that is exactly whats going to happen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting our DT and SC leagues organised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back