Getting our DT and SC leagues organised

Remove this Banner Ad

I did the same with G Ablett in DT.

In SC I was going to go with Jolly and changed to Hille at the last minute. I swallowed my pride after Round 2 and traded for Jolly and I'm glad I did.

I wish I'd done the same. The high scoring ruckmen, like Jolly, Fraser and McIntosh, have all had massive jumps in price now, whilst Hille and Simmonds plummet. Looks like I'm stuck with my dud ruck set up now, unless I can find a lazy 200-300 grand somewhere for an upgrade.

Yeah I also had Jolly in and out of my team before round 1. Ended up swapping for McIntosh because he was cheaper ( and I thought ) had more upside. No real regrets on that one.
I wouldn't dump Hille yet, players go into and out of form and there is no indication of any physical problems with him and at least we know he is capable of getting high scores, then again I held onto Kosi just about all of last year with no joy.

Good week so far.
Fisher 175. :)
Krakouer 102.
Dal Santo 99.
Goddard 74.
Beams 69.
Neon Leon 176. :)
Pendlebury (c) 340 :):thumbsu:

1035/7
Might actually scrap out a win this week.

Yeah I also had Jolly in and out of my team before round 1. Ended up swapping for McIntosh because he was cheaper ( and I thought ) had more upside. No real regrets on that one.
I wouldn't dump Hille yet, players go into and out of form and there is no indication of any physical problems with him and at least we know he is capable of getting high scores, then again I held onto Kosi just about all of last year with no joy.

You stupid idiot Saints September, why do I listen to you you dumb ****.
Hill has now dropped in value a heap and I will be scratching to get that hack Kruizer for the same money.

You stupid idiot Saints September, why do I listen to you you dumb ****.
Hill has now dropped in value a heap and I will be scratching to get that hack Kruizer for the same money.

Yeah my plan on sticking with Hille has gone out the window now. Only just traded Simmonds last week too and now I'll probably need to use up another couple of trades to replace Hille. One trade to free up enough cash for an upgrade and then another for the trade to replace him.

At this rate I'll be out of trades by about round 12.

Pissed of that Boomer's price dropped. I stuck fat and it cost me $140000 in the end. Not happy.
Im going Boomer to Franklin. This week.
Then next week Petrenko to Greenwood, Malceski to premium.
Hopefully the end of trades for a couple of weeks.
Good?

Yep, take Hille out & shoot him. Twice. Already have Ottens so awaiting his return. So I'll downgrade Hille for cashola! If I was looking for another starting ruck though, I'd be looking for someone reasonable scoring but 'durable' - its all crystal ball stuff.

CHB, Franklin concerns me, do you have any others in mind who'll return more consistent scores? May work out better that way.

My other option is Gia.
Im reluctant to get on Gia becuase he's copping a hard tag every week now, and it will only add to my plethora of tagged bullies.
Franklin to me is the more attractive option, even though the Hawks have had a shoddy start to the season his average is 84. Hawks will only go up, and Buddy will play a big part in the climb.

I must say though I did have a semi spot of brillaince in that I traded out Petrie who was floundering, Foley who was below average for Ablett and Graham who scored mroe than the both of them, my kids are doing fine and dandy when i bring them in, it's my selectin that's worring me as Bradshaw is wallowing in Brisbanes shadow after starting strongly and Dew & Roughie are only up when the Hawks are up which hasn't been a lot recently.

I'm thining, depending on how the seaosn goes, that I might forgo Cross for Boyd as while Cross generlaly gets the clearances, he still can't kick for crap and it's killing me....

Subans gone up 118k
Dawson 104k
Higgins 182k
Ziebell 117k
Rance 93k (chose him over Raines)
Hill 61k
Geary 99k
Petrenko 115k

So they're looking good but guys like Bradshaw and Hodge have lost 100k. Who would have thought they'd be slow starters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any thoughts about the wisdom of trading Hille for Ottens?

Sounds a bit risky. Even if Ottens makes it back soon he is pretty injury prone. Although he can be a good scorer when he is up & going.

I'm considering axing one of my underperforming premium players for a rookie to give me enough cash to upgrade Hille to either Jolly, Fraser or Cox. Not all that impressed with any of the other ruck options in Hille's price range.

Just remember to keep quite a few trades up your sleeve for the second half of the season. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm already down to only having 3 of my 8 bench players actually play on the weekend and it only gets worse as injuries begin to kick in during the second half of the season. It's also one thing to have "cash cows" that are there for you to upgrade to premium players but often when injuries and form dilemmas kick in you don't actually get a chance to upgrade them.

I have Franklin in SC and DT and wouldn't even contemplate trading him. He's still averaging 84 points a game in SC and will no doubt have a few big games in the coming weeks.

Until this weekend I'd successfully avoided the injury carnage to premium players and with Ablett as my captain every week things were going well but I've now lost Dalziel for 12 weeks in DT. That's only the start I fear. :(

Ottens looks like he'll be out for another month.....so don't pull the trigger on that trade SS.

Nah - My golden rule is don't buy them until they are on a list on a thursday.
I was going to run with my spare ruck ( the richmond guy whatisname ) until he was named but now I might just try to trade up to Cox.

What really annoyed me about Hille going out, was that because I had no spare midfielders in DT, I actually named an emergency ruck - Jacobs from Carlton.
He was named on the extended bench but not played. If I'd bothered to look into it a bit more I probably would have known, and I could have played Richmond guy and got a half decent number.

What really annoyed me about Hille going out, was that because I had no spare midfielders in DT, I actually named an emergency ruck - Jacobs from Carlton.
He was named on the extended bench but not played. If I'd bothered to look into it a bit more I probably would have known, and I could have played Richmond guy and got a half decent number.

Poor form SS. Jacobs was actually named as an out due to a thigh injury on Thursday. I also have him as my 4th ruckman.

I'll throw this one out there to see what advice comes back.

In SC, my rucks are: Hille, White [bench: Ottens, Jacobs]

I've considered trading Hille for Kreuzer or Tippett, but am now looking at the young guns to free up some cold, hard cash. Blokes like Meeson & Mumford I'd assume will get dropped when Ottens & Jamar come back in about 4 weeks? Gardiner is next best bet I reckon. Bloody Hille!

Nah - My golden rule is don't buy them until they are on a list on a thursday.
I was going to run with my spare ruck ( the richmond guy whatisname ) until he was named but now I might just try to trade up to Cox.

Graham would be that Richmond guy, had a better showing than Simmonds ever did in my view.

Karen and I both had Ottens and Hille in our SC squads and I had Hille in my DT. :mad:

A lot of people will be using up trades on rucks. My advice is to minimise the damage. Don't use too many trades getting your rucks right. Just make your changes and stick to it.

Trades should be used to develop the rest of your squad, upgrading forwards, midfielders and backs.

As Sainter says, be careful not to use up all your trades and get left with noughts because of injury late in the season.

I'll throw this one out there to see what advice comes back.

In SC, my rucks are: Hille, White [bench: Ottens, Jacobs]

I've considered trading Hille for Kreuzer or Tippett, but am now looking at the young guns to free up some cold, hard cash. Blokes like Meeson & Mumford I'd assume will get dropped when Ottens & Jamar come back in about 4 weeks? Gardiner is next best bet I reckon. Bloody Hille!

Macintosh is still reasonably priced for his performance.

Macintosh is still reasonably priced for his performance.

hmmm yep not bad. I have him in my DT. To get Toshy I'd have to sell off one of my rooks though, who still have value growth potential.

This is my current thinking is:

Sell Hille for $381,600, pickup Shane Mumford for $131,000 (punt on him being selected) who's 3rd game will be this weekend so his value should jump. He should be guaranteed to stay in until Ottens takes the field again & if Ottens goes down again like a filthy street whore, Mumford is there waiting keeping the bench warm! (Lucky you Bench, this one's tall!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting our DT and SC leagues organised

Remove this Banner Ad

Back