GF Tickets (Pre-booked) when do we find out?

Remove this Banner Ad

xfactor23

Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Perth
Other Teams
West Coast
Hi,

I managed to get through and register myself for tickets on the eagles pre-booking system last week. I was just wondering if anyone knows how/when we'll get confirmation of our tickets/details of where they are?

Is everyone that registered over the phone guaranteed a ticket?

Cheers.

JinmboJones said:
If you registered you have a ticket.

Not neccessarily correct. I believe they 'over-subscribed' the registration so if there are any issues with transactions not going through on credit cards, etc then they have more registrations to go to. So I understand there will be some people at the end of the registrations that will miss out.

Nothing on Ticketmaster or WCE sites yet. All I have is a receipt # I got when I registered. Pretty confusing stuff.

The Sunday Times mentioned that some members who booked flights and accommodation months ago missed out on a presold seat as they could not register in time. I really feel sorry for them, should have more tickets available. Sydney and West Coast between them will only have 25% of the seats. Who are the other 75%!

AFL4ME said:
Nothing on Ticketmaster or WCE sites yet. All I have is a receipt # I got when I registered. Pretty confusing stuff.

The Sunday Times mentioned that some members who booked flights and accommodation months ago missed out on a presold seat as they could not register in time. I really feel sorry for them, should have more tickets available. Sydney and West Coast between them will only have 25% of the seats. Who are the other 75%!

I think that AFL members and MCC members take up most of the seats.

AFL4ME said:
The Sunday Times mentioned that some members who booked flights and accommodation months ago missed out on a presold seat as they could not register in time. I really feel sorry for them, should have more tickets available.

To be honest, I don't feel too much sympathy. If you book flights and accomodation without a ticket you do so at your own peril.

yeh what the hell happens once something is posted on the site? all i have is my receipt number, i hope i get my seats

to show how desperate some people are, look on ebay. There are 2 adult seats to the grand final going at 4 grand!

tweece said:
yeh what the hell happens once something is posted on the site? all i have is my receipt number, i hope i get my seats

Read the letter again that was sent to you as a member. It outlines the process - simple really. :cool:

Special Agent
To be honest, I don't feel too much sympathy. If you book flights and accomodation without a ticket you do so at your own peril.

I can understand your point, but living in Perth you either take a chance or pay thru the nose closer to the time.

xfactor23 said:
Anyone having any luck?

I still can't find anything on either wce.com or ticketmaster.

Another ticketing fiasco?

Nothing here yet either. I got through on the phone at 10 past and the $40 was taken from my credit card at 20 past.

No email notification yet, nothing on the websites, nothing deducted from the credit card account either as yet.

Waiting...waiting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xfactor23 said:
Anyone having any luck?

I still can't find anything on either wce.com or ticketmaster.

Another ticketing fiasco?

Not really good enough from WCE or Ticketmaster!

Just called the eagles, got through to someone from membership...

she said-

if you have a confirmation number you preaty much have tickets for the memberships that you registered however this is not guaranteed and you MAY miss out (she said it's unlikely though).

ticketmaster are in the process of allocating the tickets out as we sit here. she said they are behind schedule but expects it to be completed soon.

just keep checking the websites i guess.

xfactor23 said:
Just called the eagles, got through to someone from membership...

she said-

if you have a confirmation number you preaty much have tickets for the memberships that you registered however this is not guaranteed and you MAY miss out (she said it's unlikely though).

ticketmaster are in the process of allocating the tickets out as we sit here. she said they are behind schedule but expects it to be completed soon.

just keep checking the websites i guess.

Receipt numbers on Ticketmaster website

Those who got tickets -
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/aflfinals/successful.xls

Those who didn't and I bet there will be some pissed off people!
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/aflfinals/unsuccessful.xls

We got tickets!!!!! We're going to the Grand Final!!! Now for the email letting us know where exactly we'll be sitting..... Waiting, waiting, waiting.... I'm not a patient person.....

Quick question guys, do any of you know if the Cheer squads for each side will be sitting behind the same goals as last year? I'm sitting in M33 which is where the Eagles were last year i think, so just wondering if i'll have a bunch of Eagles supporters infront of me.

tweece said:
now what happens? will we get an email or will it be posted on the site again?

Not sure, but in the letter it says something about being able to collect your tickets from tomorrow, I guess they may also update the site later on with seating details :confused:

When you guys registered, did it ask for any contact details? 'Cos it didn't when I registered. I assume they just use the email address listed against your membership (the one where they weekly email from the club goes). Can anyone clarify?

It said in the phone system that the firsts membership used would have its contact details used. It also says in our letter that you can just use the receipt number on the internet if you dont have email access.

Remove this Banner Ad

GF Tickets (Pre-booked) when do we find out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back