Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And when he was commenting on Lions game and particular Zorks, he was more concentrating and showing footage of his deficiencies and how he costs us goals than the positives that zorks is giving us.
FLOG
Zorks is one of those guys some people love to hate.

We've seen it often enough on these threads.

The fact is he's an absolute freak player ,a great leader, oldest player to ever win an AA and would've won 3 or 4 more at another club.

And yet you see more criticism than accolades.

My greatest wish is that he sticks it up all of them this week. That's what he deserves.

And when he was commenting on Lions game and particular Zorks, he was more concentrating and showing footage of his deficiencies and how he costs us goals than the positives that zorks is giving us.
FLOG

Llordo: this is damning vision, Zorko gave up 2 goals

Panel: but llordo he setup 10 goals

Llordo:

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF

Llordo: this is damning vision, Zorko gave up 2 goals

Panel: but llordo he setup 10 goals

Llordo:

Homer Simpson Thinking GIF
One thing that gets lost in Zorko giving the opposition a chance and playing a bit loose is that they overplay their hand on occasions and we can kill them on the rebound if they get it half wrong. Apart from all the times he gets it right.

You can't get what you want without giving something back in return. It's worked really well for us in the back half of this year and we just need to roll the dice once more in the GF.

Whichever club wins I respect Brisbane a lot, and think you are some of the best supporters on bigfooty. Unlike our loss to Geelong in 2022 I am not worried about Brisbane fans coming onto the Swans board and rubbing salt into the wound if we lose, and if the Swans win I will be very surprised and disappointed if any Swans supporters do the same here.

Our clubs will give it everything next Saturday, but I like that the supporter bases of both clubs respect each other. I hope for a quality contest (with the Swans eventually winning) :p
Thank you. I think Sydney and Brisbane are both kindred spirits in some way - both clubs that forged into new territories, struggled then succeeded. Both clubs have build good cultures and I'm sure if there were 2 teams that would sit and have a beer together after the match - these would be the teams.

First of all,

1. Congrats to Brisbane on making the Grand Final.

2. After 7 rounds Geelong were 7-0. Thier next 18 games saw them be 9-9. In contrast Brisbane were 2-5 (big injury list too), they then proceeded to get on a role and be 15-3 plus one draw.

3. The win against Geelong in the Preliminary Final at the MCG I reckon is the Brisbane Lion's best Finals win outside of their Premiership wins in 2001, 2002 & 2003.

4. As a Richmond supporter, I see Trent Cotchin works with Brisbane. What role does he play and has it been a positive for the club?

All the best for the Grand Final week build up and on Grand Final day. Enjoy the experience.
Thanks for posting in our group.

Cam Rayner in his interview with channel 9 footy yesterday (channel 9 doesn't cover Aussie rules up here) , I think I watched it on Youtube after the Lions got back to Brisbane - he mentioned working with Cotchin about taking 'moments' and how he could impact the game when he doesn't have the ball.

Was such a massive difference in composure from our back 6 in the third and early part of the 4th. Thought they lost their heads a little bit in the last couple of minutes.
I have posted during the season that the injuries to our backmen (Adams is a part of this) has left us without the capacity to resist when the flow of play goes against us but Lester, Ainsworth and Starcs were rocks down back. Can they repeat?

I have always rated Ainsworth because he can get the ball. He is hard at it but he can get the ball. This final series may be his awakening moment.

Zorks is one of those guys some people love to hate.

We've seen it often enough on these threads.

The fact is he's an absolute freak player ,a great leader, oldest player to ever win an AA and would've won 3 or 4 more at another club.

And yet you see more criticism than accolades.

My greatest wish is that he sticks it up all of them this week. That's what he deserves.
Zorks has a petty side it must be said. He does the sly push when he is on top of a opposition player when both have gone to ground, and he continually directs umpires. These sorts of thing rile opposition supporters and explains why he is not loved in the football world

Zorks has a petty side it must be said. He does the sly push when he is on top of a opposition player when both have gone to ground, and he continually directs umpires. These sorts of thing rile opposition supporters and explains why he is not loved in the football world
He’s stopped most of thar stiff recently. There was a good interview with him last week somewhere where he admitted he suffered from angry little man syndrome. Along with getting his body right, he’s worked on that too (under advise from Chris Fagan). It’s been highly evident to me, and perhaps contributed to his AA selection.

Northern Lions, with flights such a rort, consider driving.
My brother and I recently drove from Surfers to Melbourne in 1 day, easy.
Left Surfers at 5am, arrived Melbourne CBD 9.30pm.

It's 110km pretty much all through NSW and VIC.
Speed cams are easy to spot.
A few roadhouse stops to fuel up. Ate and drank in the car. Swapped driver frequently.

I love a good road trip. We had a lot of fun.
And you'd be amped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd certainly classify aspects of Zorko's actions as at the extreme end of gamesmanship, probably under the moniker of niggle. He spends less time in that stuff than he historically did probably I'd venture.

I'm in the same boat re:Ainsworth too - he's showing real growth of late, although you could say that of most of our squad right now.

Pondering the past 3 months or so of our footy, I'm struck by one aspect above all others.....we are happy to play kick/mark, kick/mark certainly. We also appear to have developed an appetite for sprinkling run and gun into the game which can devolve into the chaos ball approach for whatever reason. In any phase of the game, we have the tools and most importantly the teamwide attitude to adapt and perform to a high standard, for a long time.

Putting the emotion around Oscar aside, it doesn't matter who we bring in - we can be confident they know their role and can provide what's required on the day. To me, that's more evidence of the growth and development of the squad mentality and this is something every premiership winning team has in common. I don't follow the Swans as closely of course, so I can't say to have any capacity to assess their squad on this metric. I have heard the chit chat about Mills, but, aside from him being the captain (and that's emotion), it shouldn't really matter at this stage of the season - there should be a ready-made 'in'. And, my earlier statement notwithstanding, I feel like there is more uncertainty around his non-selection.

I'm gonna go early here - for those who recall the threepeat team, there came a point, a different time for everyone, where you just KNEW we'd win. It didn't matter who we played, or where, or when.....you just knew that the team had the capacity to get the result. Sometimes of course, they failed - but in the biggest games across those years, we stood up repeatedly.

Our guys are approaching that threshold now. They aren't in that rare air yet - but they're getting mighty close.

In 2003, everyone thought the Pies had a big shot. Aside from Rocca's suspension, they were in good shape. We were older, more banged up, the previous GF was tight and nervous against the same opponent.....and we blew them off the park.

That's my tip for the GF - Lions by 10 goals.

Whichever club wins I respect Brisbane a lot, and think you are some of the best supporters on bigfooty. Unlike our loss to Geelong in 2022 I am not worried about Brisbane fans coming onto the Swans board and rubbing salt into the wound if we lose, and if the Swans win I will be very surprised and disappointed if any Swans supporters do the same here.

Our clubs will give it everything next Saturday, but I like that the supporter bases of both clubs respect each other. I hope for a quality contest (with the Swans eventually winning) :p

Geelong bf people got some nasty dms from trolls - new bf accounts that pretended to be lions members.

Whichever team loses will probably get the same so people please don't blame the other club.

Last edited:
Stoked to hear Danny Daly saying Oscar will travel with the team and do everything but train and play. Chances of him being in the parade?

Such a huge part of our success this year and absolutely stinks he won’t get a medal if we pull it off on Saturday.

Stoked to hear Danny Daly saying Oscar will travel with the team and do everything but train and play. Chances of him being in the parade?

Such a huge part of our success this year and absolutely stinks he won’t get a medal if we pull it off on Saturday.
Sub him in at half time with a WWE entrance.

The medal is such a tough discussion when there’s a hard luck story, but where do you draw the line? Absolutely Oscar deserves one, but where do you draw the line? Every player who plays at a senior game? Does Brandon Ryan get a medal? Linc McCarthy? Darragh Joyce?

The medal is such a tough discussion when there’s a hard luck story, but where do you draw the line? Absolutely Oscar deserves one, but where do you draw the line? Every player who plays at a senior game? Does Brandon Ryan get a medal? Linc McCarthy? Darragh Joyce?
Surely if you play a majority of games through the home and away season, and/or finals you should be getting one.

i would be happy to see that, Ryan would be lucky of course, maybe 4 games in the season to qualify?

IMO it really should be any game played in the season. You've then contributed to that season, regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview GF v Sydney Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back