Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

How are you going to cope if Smith doesnt become a Geelong player tonight !!! , maybe heartbroken

You will be feeling like one of Rory Mcilroys ex flames who have been basically left standing on the altar, you know the guest invitations have gone out , theve even got the wedding cake , but Rory has got cold feet yet again , hah

I would be devastated it's true.

But luckily that won't be happening.

Completely agree.

I'd be super satisfied if i was a freo supporter.

They got maximum value out of the shultz trade, got clarke who had a super year and now they've identified a clear need and gone out and got the player. Bolton is exactly what they need, it's two first round picks but nothing in the single digits. the picks will be pushed back a little too.

The main thing is that they are entering the window and bolton makes them better.
I completely disagree.

I don't know what's got into some clubs in this trade period.

Bolton's a decent player, but he's not THAT good. He's not Jezza Cameron.

So does this mean Richmond win the draft?

I mean surely they have the highest points total ever.

#winning.

Now just dont bottle the picks.

No pressure or anything.

Cause you've traded all your talent out for picks. Dont **** em up now.

GO Catters

I completely disagree.

True..

But the very good teams now have a couple with not 3 decent small forward options .
Freo need a Bolton .

#winning.

No pressure or anything.

GO Catters
Enter Six times Richard tramblings :moustache: .

Plus 2 times Rolton Roberts .. 😆 😜

Last edited:
With Tassie coming in not a bad time to be loading up heavily on draft picks.

But because it’s Richmond let’s hope they draft about 6 Tamblings.
U forgot about Aaron Fiora... never mind that tall lanky kid from South Oz... Matty Pavlich. LOL.

True..

But the very good teams now have a couple with not 3 decent small forward options .
Freo need a Bolton .
I don't know their list well enough to know.

But Bolton is hardly the only small forward option out there. Definitely the most overpriced though.

Maybe they could've grabbed Owies for virtually nothing? Maybe they could've picked up a decent small forward in the draft? They DID have 3 top-20 picks after all.

I don't know their list well enough to know.

But Bolton is hardly the only small forward option out there. Definitely the most overpriced though.

Maybe they could've grabbed Owies for virtually nothing? Maybe they could've picked up a decent small forward in the draft? They DID have 3 top-20 picks after all.

I'm thinking he'll fit in well there.

#winning.

No pressure or anything.

GO Catters
This was their haul the last time they had a "super draft hand" (5 in the top 30):

Josh Gibcus - #9
Tom Brown - #17
Tyler Sonsie - #28
Sam Banks - #29
Judson Clarke - #30

Me if I'm the Richmond recruiting team:

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely disagree.

I think too many clubs are afraid to pay overs and look silly.

I just think freo are a club that use the trade period to get better.
Not afraid of trading blokes out, cerra, meek, lobb, shultz, henry, langdon, hill, weller.
Traded for jackson, clarke.
Neale, shultz, treacy were on the rookie lists.
They've hit more often than not at the draft recently.

Eramus and Johnson are still yet to show they will be guns - but amiss, brayshaw, serong and young are all jets.
Clarke was a great get who had such an underrated year.

Whilst they have paid a lot for bolton, he's exactly what they need and i think my point is that there are a lot of clubs too afraid to take risks like this and they get left in no-mans land.

Haha, there was an article on the AFL site today about the last time they had a ton of draft picks in the top 20... Deledio, Tambling, Danny Meyer, Adam Pattison... :tearsofjoy:
Fan favourite Renlton Roberts 😂

#winning.

No pressure or anything.

GO Catters
Yeah cannot be assessed until at least a few years' time.

If they grab the next Sheezel, Wardlaw, Xerri, Powell, McKercher, and Comben, they're laughing.

If they pick the next Tambling, Polo, Meyer, Fiora, Pettifer and Polak......not so much.

Are you eves dropping
I was.

This is exactly, word-for-word, what I heard him say to the GC guy: "Look you guys owe us for taking that shocking Jack Bowes contract off your hands, so how about you tell Rioli to **** off, give us 6 and 23 for this lovely bag of chips (they're salt & vinegar, what more could you want??), so that we can add our existing 2nd rounder into the Bailey Smith deal and still have a decent draft hand?"

The GC guy was nodding his head enthusiastically.

I think we're on here folks...

Tom Morris said the Clayton Oliver deal absolutely not happening tonight if there are some out there still holding a flame. Even though his preference remains to go.

I was.

This is exactly, word-for-word, what I heard him say to the GC guy: "Look you guys owe us for taking that shocking Jack Bowes contract off your hands, so how about you tell Rioli to **** off, give us 6 and 23 for this lovely bag of chips (they're salt & vinegar, what more could you want??), so that we can add our existing 2nd rounder into the Bailey Smith deal and still have a decent draft hand?"

The GC guy was nodding his head enthusiastically.

I think we're on here folks...
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

More often then not it leads to a lot of wastage, they should have made some effort to move a bit of it to next years draft

Yeah, I tend to think the same. That they’re doing too much too quickly. Their talent ID and development team better get this right or they will be irrelevant for as long as they were pre 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back