Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

I’m finding it hard to understand how there’s no media leaks yet we’re getting info off bigfooty and taking it as gospel.

I’m starting to believe it’s all bs now which is a real shame because I want him in the cats colors more than most

I can conceive how it may be a game of cat and mouse behind the scenes, and how Oliver may be playing his cards real close to his chest whilst the MFC continues to knee jerk.

It's possible.....and it's possible that some might have a source close to that action.

As I said elsewhere, several posters seem to have some knowledge which sounds legit because they're singing from the same hymn book more or less, and what they say seems to fit what we do know.

All a bit tenuous I agree, but what they've been saying seems to have a ring of truth about it so I'm happy to accept it for now.

And if it turns out they're wrong there's nothing lost really.

In other news, what do people make of the new Bont Clarry (Barry?) power couple?

View attachment 2140321

Photo credit Elixuh
Looks like Clarry is texting Nick Gieschen from Connors, about final touches to Geelong contract.
Clarry: “Yeah Nick, that property at 397 Gundrys Road, Bellbrae VIC 3228 is sick! Needs a new house + sheds though. Just add a free Simmonds house +sheds, + I reckon we’re good to go.”

Still unsure how the **** Pies are supposed to get 13 as Noble isn't worth anywhere near that..

A few clubs this year (mainly GCS) thinking of overpaying for players

Maybe Collingwood is going to trade their F1 + Noble for GCs pick 13 - surely that's the only fair way for it to work

That's one thing I like about Mackie. Very much like CS, he speaks carefully and nicely, but is very much a c*nt with a long memory.

Not sure if it was a Bulldogs supporter or which team they supported - but some earlier this morning compared Mackie with Dodoro because he won't bend over on the Smith trade 🤣

Hmm will we get 1 trade today that isn't a pick swap? hmm leaning yes but it also wouldn't surprise me to see no trades done until Wednesday

About 3:40pm this afternoon we'll hear of a confirmed player involved trade

North trade out: picks 44 & 62
Sydney trade out: Parker & pick 59

Literally two days ago it came out that Jake’s underworld connection that “looks after him” was done for five years for killing someone. No thanks
The ‘associate’ was seen on camera in the rooms during Channel 7’s Roaming Brian segment. . .

🤭 🤭 🤭

In other news, what do people make of the new Bont Clarry (Barry?) power couple?

View attachment 2140321

Photo credit Elixuh

I think if Oliver wanted out of the Dees bad enough he could go scorched earth and force their hand.

Maybe that’s still in play but perhaps Connors is working away behind the scenes trying to get something done quietly before the “scorched earth” strat becomes his only option.

Maybe CO doesn’t want out as bad as we hope and he is content staying if nothing eventuates.

We will find out soon enough.

Obviously Oliver is going to Bulldogs now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see it's not just us that Power and the Dogs are being unreasonable with in trade negotiations:

For those unaware of what this season was like for Daniel:
  • 8 x VFL games, averaging 25.4 disposals, 6.6 tackles & kicked 3.4
  • 16* AFL games. Subbed off once, against us in round 4, and then the starting sub on 7 occasions - so he only started & finished 8 seniors games this season

Good to see it's not just us that Power and the Dogs are being unreasonable with in trade negotiations:

• 16* AFL games. Subbed off once, against us in round 4, and then the starting sub on 7 occasions - so he only started & finished 8 seniors games this season

Teams posturing on these deals for Daniel, Parker, Crae is proof trade period is to long as they should already be done by now.

25 for Daniel is overs even with 48, pretty decent offer from Roos really

Last edited:
This is a real honey trap IMO. Issues can't always be fixed by enough outside help; at the end of the day, the only person who can guarantee change is Clayton himself, and if he's relying on a change of external environment to provoke that, then he's not going to do it.

The problem, for mine, isn't the value of the contract. It's the length.
I don't even think Clayton can guarantee that, not everything in life is within a persons control.

And following this mornings news of the Bulldogs/Power rejecting the above offer from North for Daniel, they are suddenly back to being the baddies and it's been asked when did Dodoro move to the Bulldogs

So much support for being more than generous with their offer for Daniel and no support for the Bulldogs in rejecting it - I know that Power and the Bulldogs fans think they are someone going to win fans out of this tough stance they're taking this trade period, but if anything they just look like dicks and making absolutely no friends

I’d be biting North’s arm off for that deal.

Possibly the Dogs are happy to hold Daniel.

Everything the Bulldogs are doing seems to be consistent with the belief they already have a team that's ready to challenge. No easy trades, no planning for the future, no freeing up cap space...just stonewall, stonewall, stonewall. It's just weird.

If it was for players like Bont, JUH, Darcy etc - then totally understand

But they are stonewalling on a player out of contract who has explicitly said he doesn't want to be at the club next season and hasn't had a top 10 finish in their B&F since 2021

And then on 2 veterans who were both in & out of the team across the season and between them were the starting sub on 11 occasions

They're stonewalling on players who were seemingly excess to requirements across the season but now it's almost like "If we can't have them, neither can you" type mindset

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back