Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

Cheers to Lore for their hard work in setting this up, and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft - and please practice patience grasshoppers if it's not updated in the immediate aftermath of completed trade

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

Also,

2024 Free Agency Period

The AFL introduced free agency at the end of the 2012 season, giving players another vehicle where they can transfer from one club to another. Free agency is a common form of player movement in major football and sporting codes around the world.

Free Agency Opens: Friday October 4 at 9.00am
Free Agency Closes: Friday October 11 at 5.00pm

Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period

Trade Period Opens: Monday October 7 at 9.00am
Trade Period Closes: Wednesday October 16 at 7.30pm

There’s not a club in the AFL that could move there salary cap around to accommodate a $1 million plus price on Baz head ….on a player that doesn’t want to be there mind you …should the doggies somehow fail the AFLPA mediation and walk him into the ND

They won’t get anything and he will come here for free …actually I hope they do this just so we can use the first round pick elsewhere
we aren't giving smith $1 mil

Green posting that lippy Twitter comment gave my "It ain't happening" vibes.

Green would look like the biggest moron ever if he said CO wasn't getting traded at the BNF, then posts about the locker situation and then Oliver is traded.

As good as the Dees are going of late, I wouldn't put it past him... but I think Green thinks it is not happening... and he should know.

Radio silence from Oliver and his manager is the only thing keeping my hopes up.

The whole episode has been a debacle from MFC’s end. An absolute embarrassment. Pert really should fall on his sword for it but I doubt he will.

Clearly a trade to us was unpalatable because we have very little to trade after the Smith deal. I think it was extremely optimistic of Pert to think that a team holding a top 10 pick would be prepared to part with that for Oliver.

Draft tampering is a fine line, and there are clubs with multiple picks before our first: Saints, Blues, Suns, Dockers.
If Bailey Smith rejects those oppo teams offers, how is that draft tampering?

Green would look like the biggest moron ever if he said CO wasn't getting traded at the BNF, then posts about the locker situation and then Oliver is traded.

As good as the Dees are going of late, I wouldn't put it past him... but I think Green thinks it is not happening... and he should know.

Radio silence from Oliver and his manager is the only thing keeping my hopes up.

We'll know it's dead once and for all when Green tweets that Oliver has returned to his locker.....

2025 R4 picks are worth zero points.
But we might use it on a late father-son or Humphries-type pick.

So I expect it to be Bailey Smith + ‘25 R4 for Geelong ‘24 R1 (17) + something.

What that something is, is the question. My bet is a ‘25 round 3.

Doubt we give up a R2.

Absolutely no discussion on Oliver anymore?
Reported hours ago from the trade whisperer, the trade is off and Oliver will commit.
Unless that’s a bad source not sure but where has the Oliver chat gone?
The trade whisperer is a bad source but a broken clock can be right twice a day

hope you guys don’t mind me sharing this

BAILEY SMITH​

There have been talks between Geelong and the Western Bulldogs on how this deal gets done, but there is still a gap between the parties with three days to run in the trade period. The Cats have tabled their first-round pick this year – No.17 – but the Bulldogs are keen for more to add to it, or for the pick to be shifted up the board. If an impasse can't be broken, given Smith's out of contract status, he could have to wait until the national or pre-season draft to get to the Cats. That is still seen as a long shot, though, with all parties preferring to get a deal done.

Always welcome

FishGutz
year of the cat
Jumping Jack

Have any if you heard anything to confirm The Trade Whisperer's announcement?
You are asking too early.

You need to wait for more rumours.
And then they will say either

a) I haven't heard much, but thats not my mail at all. He still wants out but the deal may be too difficult (der)
b) we are still into him no matter what anyone says
c) there were some land purchases on the weekend. I wonder who that was? Hint, hint.

In effect, committing to zero but keeping up the charade that they know stuff.

There's a couple of nuffies in the CO thread, but every clubs got them.

In my experience though, they're some of the best supporters on BigFooty.

The antithesis of the Richmond fans we see on here. Very self deprecating, and welcoming on their board.

They know their club is a shambles at the moment, they don't blame anyone except those who are actually running the club.
Seems like every clubs nuffies are in that thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ted Whitten Jr?

1979_VFL-AFL_Scanlens_04_Ted_Whitten_Jnr_Western_Bulldogs.jpg
The definition of a mercy ****

we aren't giving smith $1 mil
Missing my point entirely, smith just has to put a ridiculous amount on his head in the ND that only we can match …no other club is going to take that gamble or restructure their Salary cap to accomodate it

And it doesn’t have to be $1 mil a year it could be $1mil plus for the first year and smoothed over for the remaining years

Again missing my point entirely but at least you responded without insults this time

Again all a moot point it won’t get to the ND

It’s beyond our control, still, part of the fun is speculating 😹

Dees + Green shouting + stomping feet is meaningless

You are asking too early.

You need to wait for more rumours.
And then they will say either

a) I haven't heard much, but thats not my mail at all. He still wants out but the deal may be too difficult (der)
b) we are still into him no matter what anyone says
c) there were some land purchases on the weekend. I wonder who that was? Hint, hint.

In effect, committing to zero but keeping up the charade that they know stuff.

I shouldn’t have bothered to respond to this but with regard to me you have nfi.

Missing my point entirely, smith just has to put a ridiculous amount on his head in the ND that only we can match …no other club is going to take that gamble or restructure their Salary cap to accomodate it

And it doesn’t have to be $1 mil a year it could be $1mil plus for the first year and smoothed over for the remaining years

Again missing my point entirely but at least you responded without insults this time
I never insult you.
You cant just do something like that. The AFL would be all over it.

If he's worth that much of a risk to the club. Just give the dogs 2 first rounders. Give Smith 600k. And move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back