GFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would have to agree. brad nelson is a great tagger. a lot of midfeilders have told me that he is a great tagger and they hate it when he tags them. i know ed curnow plays falcons but he is a great tagger and also gets lots of the ball, did this last sat for falcons.

freakshow! should not wear a helmet he'd stand out more if he didnt...

ive only seen him play one game but he killed it, is he a chance to get drafted or what?

Surprise pakets this year??????

Personally i think David Nye(newtown), Tyson Hutchinson(NorthShore), Rhyan McDonald(Bellpark), Blake Anderson(Newtown)

Surprise pakets this year??????

Personally i think David Nye(newtown), Tyson Hutchinson(NorthShore), Rhyan McDonald(Bellpark), Blake Anderson(Newtown)

what about kirby bourke from st albans.. he ripped it last yr cant c y this yr would b different.. very underestimated player

St. Albans have picked up a handy player in Andy Challis from Ocean Grove's U/16's last year and along with Kirby Bourke, Ben Evans, Nick Bound and Justin Maher, although only just having the numbers for a side, should be competitive in more games than expected...

he would do well at the draft camp with all the fitness testing and stuff but kicking lets him down...has improved heapz but wouldnt think he would get drafted...good players thou

James Bartel had a helmet on when he was playin in the Geelong Falcons and what happen to him...he got drafted...so i reckon eddy curnow will get drafted cause he is a hard worker

talking to jason groz today from bell park said he prob wont play this year cos he has strees fractures through his shins

James Bartel had a helmet on when he was playin in the Geelong Falcons and what happen to him...he got drafted...so i reckon eddy curnow will get drafted cause he is a hard worker
yer ed has a chance in my books, he is superfit, great voice and his kicking is good enough, i reckon, i dont know how you say that would be a problem salsa.

talking to jason groz today from bell park said he prob wont play this year cos he has strees fractures through his shins
Who cares Jason Groz is a hack dont rate him at all thinks he is good though,Hilly where you lining up this year, Had a big pre-season or what mate...

yer ed has a chance in my books, he is superfit, great voice and his kicking is good enough, i reckon, i dont know how you say that would be a problem salsa.

ed could definately get drafted but could easily slip under the radar. played with him last year and he had about 5 tackles a quarter!

what do u mean "Get his act together" ? , and why are you agreeing footyforlife?. Brad just looks like another red nut who goes hard at the footy.
his changed these days, the people that have known him for a while will know what i mean, used to live and breath footy now its just something he does in his spare time, in-between drinking and his missus.

what do u mean "Get his act together" ? , and why are you agreeing footyforlife?. Brad just looks like another red nut who goes hard at the footy.

do u no much about him?? if u did i doubt u would be saying that...going back a few years he took his footy real serious, made interleaugue and i think he also might have won a b & f?? and he still is a gd player but he just dosnt take it as seriously as he once did. loves to get on the piss not that im sayin theres anythin wrong with that haha!
btw hes hair is navy blue :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brad nelson= great player very hard it , very good tagger, not the best skills but it doesnt matter coz he feeds the ball, = hes gettign bak into gear now!

i heard that someone is trying to leave a certain club because there is a drinking problem at the club?????

if this is true surely its a joke....everyone loves a beer..

Ok boys ive made a return. My last comment was probably on page 1 and I would have made it in year 11 accounting when i sat with Hilly.

On the matter of this years U18s

Surprise Packet: Blake Anderson (Newtown & Chillwell)
I definetly see the potential. Give the kid a free role off a flank, on the wing or even on ball and he'll work at Town i reckon. He's quite underestimated becuase of his size but I reckon the kid will be respected come Interleague time.

Big Key Position Players:
Simon Cavallo (GWSP): Potentially the ruckman of the league if he can play consistent this season. I just came back from Italy with the kid on the Joeys Italy trip and his committment to the footy will be unrivalled. He definetly has it in him to be the best, its just about how much he wants it

Ben Capra (St. Joes): Is he still in the running to play falcons? I talk to some of the Joeys boys often and they say he'll play seniors this season. Very much in the mould of 'the special one', the talismatic Joe Macula, Ben has played himself into my heart not only through his kind nature or the Italy trip, or through his performance in the Joeys herald sun shield but through his incredible work ethic. Definetly a player to look out for come AFL draft season if he plays Falcons. Only thing stopping Benny from reaching his full potential is if he follows Peps' footsteps by not being selected in the Falcons and plays seniors. Either way I wish him the best of luck and hope that everyone watches what a great player he will become.

Dark Horses:
Kirby Bourke (St. Albans)
The Blonde haired on baller from Albans went to primary school with me and we were always amazed with his speed, although he was always second best to the then school captain and st marys star Sam Farnsworth we always knew he'd be a better footballer. Only held back by his team, Kirby can truly achieve great things if he sticks to his game and hopes for the team to gel and give him the opportunity to impress, possibly play interleague and i guess at best give a VFL club a chance to swoop at him... but then again, he got a 47 in further last year in yr 11 i dont know if he'll continue much more footy.

Lastly. I know it's not the place, but since i havent been on, I never got the chance to congratulate St Joseph's College on their Herald Sun Shield victory, well done boys I watched the DVD. Might I just add the commentating was hilarious and you made Paatchy a very proud man!

Thankyou boys, your comments on my words will be much appreciated.
i cant beleive u did that at 1:10 in the morning

Devon Eddy played in a seniors practice game in Anglesea yesterday and during the game he BROKE HIS ARM in a contest.....looks like he will be out for 6 to 8 weeks...thats a big blow to our Grovedale 18s side and our seniors....get better soon Dev

Devon Eddy played in a seniors practice game in Anglesea yesterday and during the game he BROKE HIS ARM in a contest.....looks like he will be out for 6 to 8 weeks...thats a big blow to our Grovedale 18s side and our seniors....get better soon Dev

Although it may help every other team in the comp. you never like to see that happen to anyone, especially someone like Dev who's a genuine good footballer! But injurys are a part of our wonderful game so Grovey are just gunna have to deal with it... unlucky!

So what's the deal with the draw this year... how long into the season will it be before our grounds are playable and we go back to normal home & away games? Coz a fair few of the GFL grounds still look like the Aussie outback!

i heard that someone is trying to leave a certain club because there is a drinking problem at the club?????

if this is true surely its a joke....everyone loves a beer..

not everyone loves a beer, i wonder if that certain someone is a fan of lollie water, not that of the alcoholic kind but the cottees range

thats horrible, i feel sorry for him, its crap when it happens to people who actually care about there footy and do everything right. at least there is another 4 weeks until round one so he isnt out for as long.

How are St. Marys looking this year? Coz they will most likely be fighting for a 4th or 5th spot with Grovey, Bell Park & Newtown won't they...? And we've had plenty of comments on the other 3 but not a whole lot on Marys! So i was just wondering how their pre-season has gone and how they'll shape up in 2007... should they be a team to look out for?

How are St. Marys looking this year? Coz they will most likely be fighting for a 4th or 5th spot with Grovey, Bell Park & Newtown won't they...? And we've had plenty of comments on the other 3 but not a whole lot on Marys! So i was just wondering how their pre-season has gone and how they'll shape up in 2007... should they be a team to look out for?
all i know is that their ground will take along time to get grass if it ever does rain because it is all sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back