GFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched colac and south today and i reckon they may as well give colac the cup now, cant see anyone beating them. especially with them having two extra weeks off then whoever they end up playing in the granny.

Top Gun, let's just wait and see how this mornings game goes. You could be right, but remember, anything can happen come September Finals action.

Watched Colac, they have improved since last watched them, the last time at St M game early this season, outplayed Sth B all over the ground stayed till half time before going to the ressies game. Final score a bit of a surprise.

Would be the favs from what has been shown so far. Think Swannies will bounce back next week against joeys

for all you idiots that opposed me, i have been proved correct. both lara and leopold were outclassed in the finals and are no more, while the 3 decent teams are still in it. i've said all along that colac will smash, and although it'll be different in two weeks time, i still think the best team, colac, will win the premiership. they are a very good side, but their only downfall is the ruck division, and if a team can win this position convincingly they might have a change to beat them. joeys did have the team to beat colac tho, but with the falcons losing on saturday, and joeys subsequently losing liam jackson for the rest of the finals i dont think they can topple colac on the big stage (provided they beat south this weekend).
if colac seniors lose this week does anybody know the eligibility of leerson, cox, and simpkin on gf day?

for all you idiots that opposed me, i have been proved correct. both lara and leopold were outclassed in the finals and are no more, while the 3 decent teams are still in it. i've said all along that colac will smash, and although it'll be different in two weeks time, i still think the best team, colac, will win the premiership. they are a very good side, but their only downfall is the ruck division, and if a team can win this position convincingly they might have a change to beat them. joeys did have the team to beat colac tho, but with the falcons losing on saturday, and joeys subsequently losing liam jackson for the rest of the finals i dont think they can topple colac on the big stage (provided they beat south this weekend).
if colac seniors lose this week does anybody know the eligibility of leerson, cox, and simpkin on gf day?

yes they are availiable if colac seniors lose this week.

Not sure what the rulz are

Leerson played last week in the 18's

How many games can you play in the senuiors before it matters, talkin with some park boyz at the joeys game on sunday and they mention fitzy has played most weeks in the ones as well.

Joeys did enough should be a good rematch joeys v sth

wasnt shore what happen to liam musta missed it

talkin with some park boyz at the joeys game on sunday and they mention fitzy has played most weeks in the ones as well.

If your talking about James Fitzgerald from St. Joeys 18s he hasn't played any senior games.
Decent mistake to make though as there is another (older) James Fitzgerald who played Joeys ones all year

my tip this week
colac by atleast 5 goals minimum
cannot see joeys getting near them at all especially with tom simpkon being able to come back into the team
big ground will just fall right into colacs hands coz they have alot of outside runners so joeys will have to go man on man and try and beat them physically

wrong again salsa.

good to see joeys smash colac. the boys from down the highway seriously did not know what had hit them in the first half.

wrong again salsa.

good to see joeys smash colac. the boys from down the highway seriously did not know what had hit them in the first half.

Exactly right rocky we out played them and were given no respect from an outfit that thought they were a monty.
The joeys midfield ran riot all day and colac lost its cool far too early

Exactly right rocky we out played them and were given no respect from an outfit that thought they were a monty.
The joeys midfield ran riot all day and colac lost its cool far too early

I agree yableeeet.
It seems that maybe the Colac team failed to realise that both times they played Joeys during the season it was against a depleted line up.
That's unlucky for them!
Congratulations to Hodgy for his best on ground efforts.
Was fantastic to see him and Fawka lead from the front as captains.

Any news on club best and fairests?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

firstly well done to joeys on winning the flag, secondly who do u think will be the sides to beat next season. i reckon it will be out of joeys south lara and colac. in no particlar order.

South Barwon and Lara will be up there because they had a lot of quality first year players in 2007 and have good U16s coming up. It depends on players playing seniors and falcons. Most U18 teams don't have depth to cover two or three players who are missing for whatever reason. Out of Joeys, Colac, Lara and South Barwon, which players could/should be at falcons in 2008?

St Albans - Kirby Bourke, R/Up Ben Evans
Grovedale - Beau Swanson, R/Up - Linton Hogan
Leopold - Matthew Lancaster, R/Up - Jacob Storer
North Shore - Jamie Pitman, R/Up Jamie Grace
Bell Park - Stephen Paulke, R/Up Blake Nelis
Colac - Jeremy Monaghan/Nick Cole joint, R/Up Kane Leerson
St Marys - Jake Morrison, R/Up Sam Farnsworth
Lara - Jack Shannahan, R/Up Nick Elliott

i reckon one bloke who is stiff to miss out is jack shannahan from lara. Was bottom age this year and had an unbelievably consistent season, won there bnf, kicked around 30 goals as a midfielder, very good athlete. what more does he have to do?

i reckon one bloke who is stiff to miss out is jack shannahan from lara. Was bottom age this year and had an unbelievably consistent season, won there bnf, kicked around 30 goals as a midfielder, very good athlete. what more does he have to do?
another bloke unlucky to miss out, james carrigg from ocean grove

wayne hovey is the new coach on grovedale under 18s side for season 2008 has he takin over mick shculze
hovey was ass coach of the 18s for the last 2 years and in 1998 and 99 was coach for grovdale 18s side aswell and they made a grand final in 99 but lost to joeys
soo they might go alright Grovedale under 18s side in 2008

lions 1018 i hear jacob storer is a fair prospect down at leopold? what are your thoughts? is he falcons material?

lions 1018 i hear jacob storer is a fair prospect down at leopold? what are your thoughts? is he falcons material?

ah, played vic two years ago (from memory), never got a falcons letter the following year, played a few games in the seniors at the end of last season.. fast strong, play anywhere pretty stiff. but they cant get it right all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back