Remove this Banner Ad

razor

Debutant
Sep 17, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
kangaroos
For ******** sake what is wrong with the selectors?

at least he has a dip and he can actually kick the ********en footy well -one of very few in our current side

FFS! laidley is ********-ting me to tears

razor said:
For ******** sake what is wrong with the selectors?

at least he has a dip and he can actually kick the ********en footy well -one of very few in our current side

FFS! laidley is ********-ting me to tears

I know razor, I thought he did okay in the first couple of games.

I'm getting over seeing the same old duds like Watt, Sinclair and Petrie get game time when they've had at least 3-4 to show us their stuff and we're still waiting.

I thought one of Gibson or Perry would probably go this week considering how much inexperience we have in defence at the moment. After a couple of big losses it's not too surprising that one did get dropped.

It may be just a case that Dean wants to give Perry a few senior games in a row. Probably Watt still being unavailable and Pratt coming back made the choice for him.

hope gibson rips it up in the VFL and shows laidley he screwed up. the only thing wrong with gibson in the last couple of games was laidley matching him against guys he shouldnt have been even closely linked to playing on.

Thought we were trying to inject more youth into our team? He has been consistant and has found his feet at this level pretty quick.
Good to see Swallow come in, and I think Pratt deserves a chance....but jeeeez!!!

jonty12 said:
I know razor, I thought he did okay in the first couple of games.

I'm getting over seeing the same old duds like Watt, Sinclair and Petrie get game time when they've had at least 3-4 to show us their stuff and we're still waiting.

WE could have used sinclair on Monday - half back was where we were trounced & at least sinclair can deliver the ball. Damn harsh on Gibbo though - he's one of the few who can put his hand up & say he had a crack all day.

Gibbo, is about the only one in the back line that can bring the ball to ground, especially against the WC big forward line. This is huge mistake by the selectors.

Re: Selection backflips

ShovelstoShovels said:
Gibbo, is about the only one in the back line that can bring the ball to ground, especially against the WC big forward line. This is huge mistake by the selectors.

Agree. Baffling. :eek: But we should know that Thursday Night Lotto is BACK !! So plenty of these baffling selection moves are expected.

How the bejeezus does Petrie get a call-up after 'poor form' in the lesser levels. :confused: Selection process is riddled with too many backflips. :thumbsdown:

**** experience. Jon Hay has been playing AFL footy for 9 years and he is a mess.

He is strong at the contest, commited, has sounds skills, doesn't panic and was only going one way with his career. Against a side with a plethora of medium options, I have no idea what the motivation is.

Petrie will come in for McIntosh. Lock it in. He might even get really inventive and drop Trotter.

Yay.

NorthBhoy said:
**** experience. Jon Hay has been playing AFL footy for 9 years and he is a mess.

He is strong at the contest, commited, has sounds skills, doesn't panic and was only going one way with his career. Against a side with a plethora of medium options, I have no idea what the motivation is.

Petrie will come in for McIntosh. Lock it in. He might even get really inventive and drop Trotter.

Yay.

Their listed forwards:

Lynch - 194cm 104kg
Staker - 196cm 89kg
Seaby - 200cm 95kg
Nicoski - 187cm 79kg
Sampi - 177cm 83kg
Fletcher - 179cm 79kg

Others who go forward:

Hunter - 190cm 89kg (who usually replaces a tall)
Cousins - 179cm 79kg (who usually replaces a small - may not play)

That is what we have to deal with on the weekend, I believe.

Hay (vs Lynch) - 196cm 93kg
Perry (vs Staker) - 192cm 95kg
Brown (vs Seaby) - 193cm 103kg or Petrie - 197cm 103kg
Sinclair (vs Sampi) - 180cm 84kg
Makepeace (vs Fletcher) - 180cm 78kg
Pratt (vs Nicoski) - 185cm 90kg

Thats how I think our defensive matchups will be. Gibson doesn't really have a great matchup, I think Nicoski is about the only one and I think he is too fast for Gibbo.

Eagles have the ability to turn that forward line taller or shorter by a bit but a lot depends on how dangerous we look going forwards.

Our 3 tall forwards I think will be Sav, Thompson and either Brown or Petrie (whoever isn't playing down back). They will go with Glass, Graham and Hunter on those three.

We also have Hale and McIntosh in the side and I think if we push either Hale or McIntosh forward and press them with 4 talls they will have real problems down back, we did that last year where Hale pushed forward and they had nobody that could go with him and it forced Cox to follow him back deep into defensive 50 where he is not as dangerous as around the middle of the ground.

The key is going to be how the midfield matchups go and how well the tags go. Rawlings on Judd and Stenglein on Grant will have a big impact on the game.

I just do not like if Green, Firrito and Rawlings are in the midfield at the same time. Sure, they may restrict how much of the ball their man will get in the guts, but they will get it... we still need to get more of the ball than they do.

Need a big game from Hale in the ruck, doesn't have to beat Cox just has to make sure he restricts Cox from getting a lot of clean tapouts to the Eagles midfielders, if they get first use of the ball and get well up in the clearances we will lose the game.

Rhombus said:
Who played on Kingsley (8 goals) and Tarrant (6 goals)?
Firrito played on Tarrant for 85% of the match.
Gibson, Archer and Watt played on Kingsley.
Your point being?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhombus said:
Not a point - merely a question.

Perhaps with Archer out they felt the backline is way too inexperienced and 1 needed to go.
Gibson does play a somewhat similar game to Perry, in as much as Joel is also good at dealing with lose balls and sweeping around the backline more so than playing on really big blokes.

Experience or not though, Gibson would be the last bloke to be dropped in the eyes of many supporters after what we've seen so far.

It's a pity about Gibson, but he does tend to give away a few free kicks with his over exuberance at times. I'm sure he'll be back in the side soon and will only improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

gibson dropped WTF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back