Gibson's hit on Conca - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't trying to spoil the ball at all, was nothing but a cheap shot. I have never seen a player make a spoiling attempt with a forearm to the head. He knew exactly what he was doing, he could see Conca was going to mark the ball and saw it as an opportunity to hurt him. People forget Fyfe got two weeks for incidental contact the head and he as actually trying to contest the ball.

Gibson can count his lucky stars the MRP is a shambles.

Fyfe was bumping! That by definition isn't contesting the ball, it's attacking the body! I can't say if Gibson was really trying to spoil or go the player but I can seat Fyfe want playing the ball! And either way, the MRP said he wasn't spoiling. If they thought he was he would have be in the other incidents looked at section!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fyfe was bumping! That by definition isn't contesting the ball, it's attacking the body! I can't say if Gibson was really trying to spoil or go the player but I can seat Fyfe want playing the ball! And either way, the MRP said he wasn't spoiling. If they thought he was he would have be in the other incidents looked at section!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Gibson's was purely a cheap shot. For a bloke that is heralded for his ability to spoil the ball, he certainly didn't even come close to the ball. He can thank his luck stars the MRP seem to be in a good mood this week. Leaving the ground and making contact to the head with your elbow has been a suspension under this new system and not a reprimand. The interpretation has always been that if you choose to leave the ground and make contact wether it's intentional or not you get suspended. Ziebell got suspended for leaving the ground and the MRP even acknowledged that he was contesting the ball, but claimed once he leaves the ground the onus is on him to not make contact with the head.

At the end of the day all the fans want is consistency. Not this spin the wheel system that is in place at the moment.

Elbowing a guy in the head from behind while missing the ball completely is 'negligent'.

Hahahaha.

The umpiring is way better this year but the MRP is still a farce.
It's a pity you haven't watched the incident.

He did hit the ball, albeit after he'd made incidental contact to to top of Concas scone.

Hahaha, indeed.

It's a pity you haven't watched the incident.

He did hit the ball, albeit after he'd made incidental contact to to top of Concas scone.

Hahaha, indeed.

Have another look. It's not Gibson's fist that hits the ball, it's his head after he has laid his cheap shot on Conca. He isn't even looking at the ball when he makes contact.

Have another look. It's not Gibson's fist that hits the ball, it's his head after he has laid his cheap shot on Conca. He isn't even looking at the ball when he makes contact.
It's a pity I don't care what part of him hit the ball.

He set out to spoil his opponent, and he did.

He set out to spoil his opponent, and he did.

He set out to hit his opponent, and he did.

Edited for accuracy.

So forearm to the head followed by heading the ball away is his new technique?

No I am asking you if he has developed a new spoiling technique since you think it was a genuine spoiling attempt or was it just a matter of I am so unco that I missed the ball and somehow my elbow finished up in the back of his head?
No one tries to take a bloke out these days, as they know they'll get weeks.

Squeal, whine and whinge as much as you like, the MRP saw it in exactly the same way.

Imagine if it was a non Hawks player, or player not from a big Vic club. Result would have been different.
This "Hawthorn are protected" rubbish is really ****in stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one tries to take a bloke out these days, as they know they'll get weeks.

Squeal, whine and whinge as much as you like, the MRP saw it in exactly the same way.

Well Gibson must be extremely unco then?

Another MRP gift to Hawthorn. Pretty much Adam Goodes syndrome, AFL lovechild. He could shoot someone and would only get a reprimand.

Really?

Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern, 4 is taking the piss.

If it keeps happening, people will keep commenting.
It's childish rubbish.

Anyone who truly believes that one club gets looked after by the MRP is a space cadet.

Can't help feeling this was an 'engineered' report.

Charging report was essentially dismissed, replaced with a striking charge.

For striking, we are looking at a different set of rules for intent, and his spoiling attempt was reckless, combined with medium impact would have given him 225 reduced to 126 with record and plea. 1 week and I think all would have been content. Hawks even, with 26 carryover points far better than the 70 he has now.

Gibson's was purely a cheap shot. For a bloke that is heralded for his ability to spoil the ball, he certainly didn't even come close to the ball. He can thank his luck stars the MRP seem to be in a good mood this week. Leaving the ground and making contact to the head with your elbow has been a suspension under this new system and not a reprimand. The interpretation has always been that if you choose to leave the ground and make contact wether it's intentional or not you get suspended. Ziebell got suspended for leaving the ground and the MRP even acknowledged that he was contesting the ball, but claimed once he leaves the ground the onus is on him to not make contact with the head.

At the end of the day all the fans want is consistency. Not this spin the wheel system that is in place at the moment.
It was a suspension, reduced with a guilty plea.
He does it again he gets weeks.
C'mon guys, it's not that hard to comprehend.

It was a suspension, reduced with a guilty plea.
He does it again he gets weeks.
C'mon guys, it's not that hard to comprehend.
It was a tap with a feather duster from the MRP. Seen less than that cop weeks even with the guilty plea.

The whole report reeks. If it's a strike how is it negligent? I have never heard of a negligent strike, it's either intentional or not a strike and as for the impact, Conca was in la la land afterwards so medium?

I think Hawthorn should send Richmond a bunch of flowers because they certainly downplayed the severity of the hit. Anyone could see Conca was well and truly in a bad way after the hit.

Imagine if it was a non Hawks player, or player not from a big Vic club. Result would have been different.
You mean like when Hannath was even later on Spangher and got nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibson's hit on Conca - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back