Gillon stepping down 2022 - Press Conference at 11:30am EST

Remove this Banner Ad

PC310817SB_0181__1_.JPG

Will he leave Geelong and go back to the AFL after a year... maybe

In all honesty, it needs to be someone with the guts to trim the fat at AFL house / AFL media etc.

The AFL has enjoyed ballooning financial success this century so far. Too many snouts in the trough now as the game struggles to emerge from the pandemic and continues to battle for funding at grassroots level.

In all honesty, it needs to be someone with the guts to trim the fat at AFL house / AFL media etc.

The AFL has enjoyed ballooning financial success this century so far. Too many snouts in the trough now as the game struggles to emerge from the pandemic and continues to battle for funding at grassroots level.
Allan joyce could fit the bill

Now we know why Eddie stepped away from Broadcasting this year
Eddie would be a good choice even though I hate the Pies!

He understands grass roots football and what clubs need in the terms of rebuilding as well as finance wise.

Probably most interstate supporters won’t like it but then again what do they like these days. 🤣

Eddie gets my vote. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was a Commission job, id say go for it. i reckon the league could do with someone to oversee Tassie who gives a damn about the place. Dont quite think hes CEO material at this point.
also i dont think giving any position to a liberal is a good idea as a rule. :sick:

He understands grass roots football and what clubs need in the terms of rebuilding as well as finance wise.

Probably most interstate supporters won’t like it but then again what do they like these days. 🤣

Eddie gets my vote. 👍
he's a racist buffoon

he's a racist buffoon
If you dig deep enough every person has dirt on them.

It is how you come out on the other side after copping a shower that counts. I doubt he gets the position but wether or not you like him etc means nothing and he has a great football brain.

Now we know why Eddie stepped away from Broadcasting this year
You know I actually hadn't realized that he had stepped away from broadcasting until I read this

Eddie gets my vote. 👍
Aside from being a racist, and not able to objectively look at the league without Collingwood bias - do you not remember the car crash that was his time as CEO at Nine? He is well out of his depth at anything above commentary and game show host, and even that's debatable.

And to repeat - he is a racist that should not be employed in AFL or media at any level.

Eddie gets my vote. 👍

Eddie botched the CEO gig at 9 though. Between that and the events of last year, he I don't think he'd be suitable for the job.

You can knock Gil all you want but the job he did to keep the league going over the past 2 years has ben nothing short of amazing

Plus the purchase of the Marvel stadium in retrospect was a game changer

Aside from being a racist, and not able to objectively look at the league without Collingwood bias - do you not remember the car crash that was his time as CEO at Nine? He is well out of his depth at anything above commentary and game show host, and even that's debatable.

And to repeat - he is a racist that should not be employed in AFL or media at any level.
You don’t like him and that is cool.

Each to their own. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Gillon stepping down 2022 - Press Conference at 11:30am EST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back