Gippsland Cricket Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ground wasn't fast, but when you hit the ball in the air for some time off the middle off the bat it went four, along the ground it din't run all that fast. It was faster than normal imo

The wicket was a belter.

Looks like SD Anstee A grade season will come to a close probably after this week due to work commitments.

Was thinking of a team of the decade and a few of the best ofs since it is my tenth year in A grade competition.

Team of decade 00-10

N.Tatterson
A.Tatterson ©
B.Lanigan +
A.Burgiel
I.Wrigglesworth
S.Anderson (vc)
N.King
T.Wrigglesworth
S.Waixel
B.Durrant
L.Armstrong

12th D.Oldham

Fairly biased because of Stratford connection, apologies to Nathan Massey, Brett Millington, Glenn Semmens, Dean Thatcher, Simon Williams, Steve Parry, Geoff Wells, Anthony Hurley.

I also chose Andrew Tatterson as captain having played under Burgs, Simon Williams and Neil Tatterson. May seem a strange choice over Neil Tatterson to some but has a great record knows cricket inside out and led from the front. Always knew where you stood with him, but was always open to suggestions. Backed his teams ability and rewarded with four premierships as captain. Burg’s was also a fantastic captain the year I played with him, great leader and his team mates love him. Can’t really comment on the others ie Stuart and Ian as I have only seem them once or twice a year.

Best Player: Nathan King, stats wise not the best and probably any one of Stuart Anderson, Ian Wrigglesworth or Adrian Burgiel could argue but when the game was on he contributed to the result.

Best Batsmen: Adrian Burgiel, devastating player capable of winning games off own bat. Neil Tatterson a close second.

Best Bowler: Stuart Anderson and Layton Armstrong, similar bowlers whose record speaks for themselves.

Best Umpire: Peter Lambie, was a good decision maker. Would accept he made mistakes (rarely) apologise and move on. Umpired in the right spirit, enabling cricket to be about the cricketers not the officials.

Best Ground: Really can’t go past Sale Oval in the middle of town, the wicket gives everyone a chance really good atmosphere and if the condition of the out field is like it is on Saturday a pleasure to field on.

No Christopher J Morrison you have to be kidding not even an apology take your head out of your arse

No Christopher J Morrison you have to be kidding not even an apology take your head out of your arse

I am not doubting Chris wasn't good through that period but I don't believe he warranted selection in this era. I just had a quick glance at his stats to 2003 and they are good without being extra ordinary to demand selection ahead of anyone that I have mentioned.

Once again this is entirely my opinion and you are entitled to your own.

I am not doubting Chris wasn't good through that period but I don't believe he warranted selection in this era. I just had a quick glance at his stats to 2003 and they are good without being extra ordinary to demand selection ahead of anyone that I have mentioned.

Once again this is entirely my opinion and you are entitled to your own.

fair enough not a bad side wpuld be tough to captain plenty of egos !!!

Waixel easily

Really??

His record in the same period is far superior has the best strike rate of all since 2003 (was probably at his peak before then) and a second average to Stuart Anderson over anyone that has taken more than 50 wickets..that also means ahead of Duane Oldham, remember this is between 2000 and 2010 not before then.

Well....Roogirl07......why did you remove that remark...it was an interesting observation and I am intrigued to know who you and gus mckay are!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another week, another Steve Nicholls hundred. Makes it 5 for the year. Now only needs approx 40-50 to beat the TDCA Batting Aggregate held by Grantley Switzer, and has Kent Hammond well covered for this years award.

Just assumed he had played in the SMCA all his career prior to joining the Gabbie. Didn't realise till i read last weeks Express that he had played 40 odd games of Premier League 1's. Any wonder he is smashing around the pedestrian TDCA attacks.

Hey mate I think you may be considered as a past rat at Stratford so I don't know why you are so interested?

A past rat? I am considered a former player. The majority of the Stratford 1st XI were at my house for tea last night. They either really love a free lamb cutlet, or they don't consider me a rat.

A past rat? I am considered a former player. The majority of the Stratford 1st XI were at my house for tea last night. They either really love a free lamb cutlet, or they don't consider me a rat.

I love a free lamb cutlet......

Well...considering I wasn't drinking and didn't leave Mayhems house until 1.00am probably indicates some people like him.

Personally I know our A grade captain attended, our Club Coach had intentions of attending until he found out his 5 month child was ill. So amke of that all you want but there is no malice from anyone within Stratford's A grade towards Mayhem.

You blokes who watch every game of cricket in the world still going to tell me hauritz is no good? Seems to be doing bloody well recently.

Yes the pakis are a rable but take out murali and mendis wickets against the bangas and zimbos and there recored are not as flash.

You blokes who watch every game of cricket in the world still going to tell me hauritz is no good? Seems to be doing bloody well recently.

Yes the pakis are a rable but take out murali and mendis wickets against the bangas and zimbos and there recored are not as flash.

Every dog has its day. Before too long, Hauritz will be gone. And, yes, he has done well recently, I will admit that. In the long run, we will be found out.

Every dog has its day. Before too long, Hauritz will be gone. And, yes, he has done well recently, I will admit that. In the long run, we will be found out.

In the long run everyone is found out at some stage, shane warne did get dropped in the windies at one stage. Hussey, North, Hughes all been found out recently too. Hauritz will go for runs on occasions but right now on performance he is doing very well and has improved a lot as a bowler.

In the long run everyone is found out at some stage, shane warne did get dropped in the windies at one stage. Hussey, North, Hughes all been found out recently too. Hauritz will go for runs on occasions but right now on performance he is doing very well and has improved a lot as a bowler.

Shane Warne took 700 test wickets. I guess what I am saying about Hauritz is that I find it hard to believe he will take more than 100 Test wickets, not sure there is a comparison at all between the 2.

North and Hughes, I think are no good at all, and will not be long term Test batsmen, much along the same lines as Hauritz as a bowler.

Hussey and Warne had a form slump, there is no disputing they were Test quality players. Right, wrong or otherwise, it is certainly up for debate whether Hauritz is a long term Test quality player.

hmmm sale maffra are pushing shit up hill to make the gcl final. warragul can still lose the next match and make it, but reading through this anyone would think the league is a step down from international cricket.

hmmm sale maffra are pushing shit up hill to make the gcl final. warragul can still lose the next match and make it, but reading through this anyone would think the league is a step down from international cricket.

SMCA aren't pushing anything anywhere to make anything. They can't make the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back