Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice there's a clearance in for Mark Bradley from Alberton League to Warragul, same Mark Bradley who pulled the pin on the Gull's coaching job earlier in the year???

still getting good numbers from what I can gather but plenty of kids and plenty of running players.

genuine lack of talls will hurt them I think.

Whats going on at Moe ?
will the ground be right this season ?
22 clearances out and only 3 ins. Must have some issues with that amount of players wanting to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hear the result of Maffra v Bairnsdale today in the praccy,apparently Digga played and did OK despite his fingers on his bad hand having to be taped straight and wearing a protective guard on the injured arm.

Whats going on at Moe ?
will the ground be right this season ?
22 clearances out and only 3 ins. Must have some issues with that amount of players wanting to move on.

Have heard they've been a little slack lodging clearances, should see a few more cleared there in the near future.

The ground is still patchy in area's and from what I hear council will be filling some area's with turf in coming weeks (should have been done long ago in my opinion), I think the Lions will be nervous as their first home game approaches on May 7 as I believe the ground will struggle to be ready although I hope i'm wrong as I know it's been a hard slog for the club not being able to play games at Vale St. for so long. A little more sunshine will certainly help their cause as well.

Reasons for players leaving? I know Tony Price was popular amongst the two's players so his exit may have influenced some, as most players leaving are two's or fringe senior players. Probably will lack a little bit of depth this year but I would expect the senior team will still be competetive.

Have heard they've been a little slack lodging clearances, should see a few more cleared there in the near future.

Reasons for players leaving? I know Tony Price was popular amongst the two's players so his exit may have influenced some, as most players leaving are two's or fringe senior players. Probably will lack a little bit of depth this year but I would expect the senior team will still be competetive.

They must have recruited quite well if they are going to be competitive seeing they didnt play finals last season and will be missing Blaser (10' b&f), Chandler (assistant coach), Forys (09' leading goal kicker), McMahon (10' leading goal kicker) and Savige who was a consistent 1's player all in the one year.

Also i seen clearences that the new assistant coach ben collins has put in a clearence to afl Mckay? anyone know what the go with that is? and who the new recruits are?

Heard there was a lot of players leaving Morwell too ?

Have heard they've been a little slack lodging cle arances, should see a few more cleared there in the near future.

They must have recruited quite well if they are going to be competitive seeing they didnt play finals last season and will be missing Blaser (10' b&f), Chandler (assistant coach), Forys (09' leading goal kicker), McMahon (10' leading goal kicker) and Savige who was a consistent 1's player all in the one year.

Also i seen clearences that the new assistant coach ben collins has put in a clearence to afl Mckay? anyone know what the go with that is? and who the new recruits are?

The 4 key in's I know of are Tom Johnson-Gippy Power B&F winner in '06', Kane Airdrie-former MPNFL Interleague Fullback, Ryan Donaldson-Kicked a swag of goals in various leagues including 160+ in '07' and Ben Collins-Beaconfield Ass. Coach last year. (He played a praccy match for Mackay a couple of weeks back while on holiday there, but is playing at Moe) he played well in the Moe v Dromana match on the weekend.

and yep, quite a few clearances in at Morwell too with guys heading mainly to Mid Gippy (Cox,Visser,Mills,Scurrah,Sherriff,Metcalf and others)

The 4 key in's I know of are Tom Johnson-Gippy Power B&F winner in '06', Kane Airdrie-former MPNFL Interleague Fullback, Ryan Donaldson-Kicked a swag of goals in various leagues including 160+ in '07' and Ben Collins-Beaconfield Ass. Coach last year. (He played a praccy match for Mackay a couple of weeks back while on holiday there, but is playing at Moe) he played well in the Moe v Dromana match on the weekend.

and yep, quite a few clearances in at Morwell too with guys heading mainly to Mid Gippy (Cox,Visser,Mills,Scurrah,Sherriff,Metcalf and others)

I hope Coxy doesn't play in the Mid Gippsland league this year Heyfield won't have a coach.:D:D:D

Anyone hear the result of Maffra v Bairnsdale today in the praccy,apparently Digga played and did OK despite his fingers on his bad hand having to be taped straight and wearing a protective guard on the injured arm.

Maffra won by about 7 goals. Can't say much about Maffra seeing as I know little of their players, but for Bairnsdale it was the usual suspects who did the damage. Luke Dyer was BOG (reigning EGFL B&F as well as Lindenow club B&F. Trained with and played a few impressive games for Northern Bullants, being named in their best, last season before throwing it all in for family commitments) running around in the Midfield.

The Under 18's and 16's apparently won easily against Maffra as would be expected having the equivalent of an interleague side from the East Gippsland region.

Maffra won by about 7 goals. Can't say much about Maffra seeing as I know little of their players, but for Bairnsdale it was the usual suspects who did the damage. Luke Dyer was BOG (reigning EGFL B&F as well as Lindenow club B&F. Trained with and played a few impressive games for Northern Bullants, being named in their best, last season before throwing it all in for family commitments) running around in the Midfield.

The Under 18's and 16's apparently won easily against Maffra as would be expected having the equivalent of an interleague side from the East Gippsland region.
Thanks ,good to see maffra are still going to be strong again ,i had heard that they had lost a few.A lot of the Bairnsdale lads in the 16's and 18's are probably the ones that played for Maffra last year and had a big hand in getting both sides into the finals ,so there would be no doubt that Bairnsdale will definitely be strong in the juniors .

Thanks ,good to see maffra are still going to be strong again ,i had heard that they had lost a few.A lot of the Bairnsdale lads in the 16's and 18's are probably the ones that played for Maffra last year and had a big hand in getting both sides into the finals ,so there would be no doubt that Bairnsdale will definitely be strong in the juniors .

Yup, 3 kids went back to Bairnsdale who played for Maffra in the underages last season.

Yup, 3 kids went back to Bairnsdale who played for Maffra in the underages last season.
Must have a few sticking with the eagles then ,that can only be good for Maffra if they do.It would be great to see Maffra stay up there and win their 8th flag since the year 2000 that would be absolutely fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back