Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have a few sticking with the eagles then ,that can only be good for Maffra if they do.It would be great to see Maffra stay up there and win their 8th flag since the year 2000 that would be absolutely fantastic.

All bairnsdale underages are playing at bairnsdale none have stayed at Maffra
Maybe a reason why Maffra lost by as much as they did.

my attempt at winners for round 1

sale over maffra by 20 points
morwell over wonthaggi 30 points
traralgon over leongatha 30 points
bairnsdale over warragul 45 points
drouin over moe 40 points

Bairnsdale finalised their playing lists for all 3 teams they are entering.

Forward James Gibbs has been named again of the senior side.

Four N' Twenty are the Official Major Sponsor for the Redlegs for the next 3 years and their logo will be present on the clubs jumpers and shorts.

Bairnsdale finalised their playing lists for all 3 teams they are entering.

Forward James Gibbs has been named again of the senior side.

Four N' Twenty are the Official Major Sponsor for the Redlegs for the next 3 years and their logo will be present on the clubs jumpers and shorts.

they certainly ain't paying in pies either ;)

my attempt at winners for round 1

sale over maffra by 20 points
morwell over wonthaggi 30 points
traralgon over leongatha 30 points
bairnsdale over warragul 45 points
drouin over moe 40 points

Sale by 5 goals
Wonthaggi by 2 goals
Traralgon by 10 goals
Bairnsdale by 4 goals
Drouin by 2 goals

Sale by 5 goals
Wonthaggi by 2 goals
Traralgon by 10 goals
Bairnsdale by 4 goals
Drouin by 2 goals

Maffra by 5points
Wonthaggi by 60 points
Traralgon by 45 points
Bairnsdale by 7 points
Drouin by 66 points

I think there will be a big margin between the top 5 and bottom 5 teams in season 2011. (only my view may be wrong)

Yep but good on em' :thumbsu:

If it's a sustainable relationship that doesn't jeopardise either parties future then I don't have a problem with it.

thumbs up to the club for securing the sponsor and thumbs up to the sponsor for tipping in the coin :thumbsu:

Yep but good on em' :thumbsu:

If it's a sustainable relationship that doesn't jeopardise either parties future then I don't have a problem with it.

thumbs up to the club for securing the sponsor and thumbs up to the sponsor for tipping in the coin :thumbsu:

Understandably, if the business is offering up too much cash, it could potentially send them broke, although I am sure they have done their maths and can afford what they are doing.

Alternatively, I have no idea why a relationship with a sponsor, sustainable or not, could potentially jeopardise the clubs future???? The club is out there to go out and obtain sponsors, and have those sponsors assist them financially and in other ways, and for the period that they are sponsors, I am not sure how any negative could come from it. Once they are no longer sponsors, then potentially that is a negative, but, unfortunately, you can't control the other sides financial position, so if for whatever reason they are unable to continue in the future, just enjoy it while it lasts.

Lets be honest mate, this is country footy, cut down on the marketting/journalism terms and get real!

Yeah the sponsorship is a significant amount, albeit not enough to send the huge national Business broke.

Four N' Twenty only sponsor 3 clubs. One is the Sydney Swans, the second is the Brisbane Lions, and the third is the Bairnsdale Footy Club so congratulations are in order for the Redlegs as they have really done the hard work behind the scenes to make this whole merge possible.

As a side note, the 500k grant the club recieved from the Government has been allocated towards several areas around the club. One of the most significant areas for improvement will be the lighting around the ground. From season 2012 onwards, Bairnsdale will be aiming to host a few night games each season either on Friday or Saturday nights. This has been proposed to enable a higher public interest in the East Gippsland area of improved footballing quality. The club and league naturally want as many people attending the games as possible, but with the EGFL and ODFL playing every Saturday, a significant market share will be missing from the Gippsland League matches. By playing at night or on Sundays, it enables all the players and coaches of the other leagues to attend the Bairnsdale matches and see how their current/former teammates are performing and see the difference in footy the further down the line you go.

Also general oval maintenance will be a targetted area for the club, with the Centre square being renowned for being very hard where the cricket pitches are, as well as the fencing around the ground, sponsorship boardings, carparking and general public viewing areas all to be addressed with the money.

Lets be honest mate, this is country footy, cut down on the marketting/journalism terms and get real!

that's my point, how many times have we seen club's lose sponsors (who they rely on) and then struggle to pay players, debts, facilities etc?

if it's not done properly it can drive a club to its knees.

by all means accept the money and try and secure whatever deals you can but don't mortgage your club's future by playing russian roulette with funds that may eventually no longer be there.

that was my point mate.

that's my point, how many times have we seen club's lose sponsors (who they rely on) and then struggle to pay players, debts, facilities etc?

if it's not done properly it can drive a club to its knees.

by all means accept the money and try and secure whatever deals you can but don't mortgage your club's future by playing russian roulette with funds that may eventually no longer be there.

that was my point mate.

Keep on winning here, winning there and winning everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by Sale over the Eagles today.Interesting article in the HS interviewing the Maffra president.Don't know where he gets his info from but he said the Sale recruits aren't living in the town and they might have trouble jelling as a team because they don't train together that often.So far as i know ,most of the senior list including the new recruits are living and working in the town (not to mention most of the Maffra senior team and their coach too) ,don't know what he's getting at .Not only that all of the recruits have a previous connection to the place ,so it's not as if they're bringing in a heap of mercenaries.
Anyone know who won the 3rd's and 4ths?I'd be interested to see how the junior eagles teams travel this year seeing as they can't be topped up with players from Bairnsdale and whoever else they can get to play for them as they have done a great deal in the past. We might see once and for all just how good this much talked about Maffra junior program is now that they have to rely on the locals.

Great win by Sale over the Eagles today.Interesting article in the HS interviewing the Maffra president.Don't know where he gets his info from but he said the Sale recruits aren't living in the town and they might have trouble jelling as a team because they don't train together that often.So far as i know ,most of the senior list including the new recruits are living and working in the town (not to mention most of the Maffra senior team and their coach too) ,don't know what he's getting at .Not only that all of the recruits have a previous connection to the place ,so it's not as if they're bringing in a heap of mercenaries. I'd be interested to see how the junior eagles teams travel this year seeing as they can't be topped up with players from Bairnsdale and whoever else they can get to play for them as they have done a great deal in the past. We might see once and for all just how good this much talked about Maffra junior program is now that they have to rely on the locals.

^^This:thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Sale won Thirds and fourths.

ahahahah you are a d**khead milo!! Sucked in!! Back fire much!!
Cant wait to hear all the excuses.

S**t town, S**t oval, S**t facilities, S**t fitness, Maffra are S**t!!

Great win by Sale over the Eagles today.Interesting article in the HS interviewing the Maffra president.Don't know where he gets his info from but he said the Sale recruits aren't living in the town and they might have trouble jelling as a team because they don't train together that often.So far as i know ,most of the senior list including the new recruits are living and working in the town (not to mention most of the Maffra senior team and their coach too) ,don't know what he's getting at .Not only that all of the recruits have a previous connection to the place ,so it's not as if they're bringing in a heap of mercenaries.
Anyone know who won the 3rd's and 4ths?I'd be interested to see how the junior eagles teams travel this year seeing as they can't be topped up with players from Bairnsdale and whoever else they can get to play for them as they have done a great deal in the past. We might see once and for all just how good this much talked about Maffra junior program is now that they have to rely on the locals.

Admittedly Milo did say that they did not know much about how the other teams had recruited, I am sure he does not know that all the new players bar one or two are living and working in Sale.

I hope both sides have a great year and fight it out for the premiership.

Welcome back....

I know it's only rd1 but how many times has the question been asked on this forum over past years ,how would Sale go if they ever got any of their boys back from the big leagues ? we've got a couple of them back this season, so far so good i suppose.Rumour also that next season we'll see Birssy and Pia back in the black and white. Let's just hope they can "jell" as a team in 2011.:rolleyes:

Gee - I wish my local team was as sh1t as Maffra - are they up to 8 or 9 flags in the last ten years. Ought to find a mirror and TAGHLAT's

Gee - I wish my local team was as sh1t as Maffra - are they up to 8 or 9 flags in the last ten years. Ought to find a mirror and TAGHLAT's
You're correct mate they've been great and if they don't win another flag for 50 years ,their record of winning 7 GF's out of the last 10 won't be forgotten in a hurry ,sadly though neither will the arrogance and smartarse antics they carried on with around here after each one.

You're correct mate they've been great and if they don't win another flag for 50 years ,their record of winning 7 GF's out of the last 10 won't be forgotten in a hurry ,sadly though neither will the arrogance and smartarse antics they carried on with around here after each one.

As in mad monday?

As in mad monday?
As in coming over to Sale and making pricks of themselves in the main street.I know when our boys won it last time ,the last place they wanted to go was Maffra.No reason to go out there at all really other when you have to to play footy.I guess you got to make allowance for the small town mentality.

Perfect start for the Redlegs, albeit against Warragul from what I hear isn't one of the leagues stronger sides.

Won all 9 matches they played in (All 3 football, and all 6 netball matches).

In the 1's, pretty much all the main players fired from what I hear: Luke Dyer (Lindenow), Dave Donchi and Justin Blair (Lucknow) all played good games in the midfield.

In terms of the Under 18's and Under 16's, I am expecting both these sides to be playing deep into finals action. Some fine talent in there and have experienced coaches at the helm.

I'm sure they are enjoying the 3 ladders while they can after one match, being on top in the Seniors and 16's, and 2nd in the Thirds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back