Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: West Gippy Latrobe (Part 2)

From memory, it's a bit of a weird ground cut into a hill, so it's basically uphill in every direction from the boundary. Been about 15 years since the last time I saw it though.

My ladder prediction for this year

Traralgon
maffra
wonthaggi
moe
morwell
warragul
drouin
leongatha
sale

No knob jockey, i think hes saying from the playing surface to the outer.

What???

Are you ******ed!!!

What sort of ground is uphill from the boundary??? Most grounds run from the centre outwards which is what i said.

I hope that is what you are implying.

Is that a good ground, or a paddock with a fence a shed as rooms and tree stumps as goal posts???

Yallourn Nth is a great ground to play footy on. Surface is usually in top condition. If you want to see some shit grounds try Mirboo Nth or Hill End. You can nearly abseil from one wing to the other!!!

What???

Are you ******ed!!!

What sort of ground is uphill from the boundary??? Most grounds run from the centre outwards which is what i said.

I hope that is what you are implying.

I think he means that the ground is probably normal on the actual playing surface, but beyond the fence it goes up hill on all sides creating an amphitheatre effect which is good for viewing.

I would love to se a ground with the low point in the middle though, would make for tough centre clearance work on the wet days!!!

I think he means that the ground is probably normal on the actual playing surface, but beyond the fence it goes up hill on all sides creating an amphitheatre effect which is good for viewing.

I would love to se a ground with the low point in the middle though, would make for tough centre clearance work on the wet days!!!

Dont worry the other fella is very slow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally mate (stinger) when you say the playing surface to the outer indicates from the middle of the ground to the boundary line...

Thanks for clearing that up return of the pies, you wrote the right explanation of what was trying to be said.

Returning to more intellectual chat, I have it on good word that sale have recruited heavily (as outlined by ultimate warrior and others) and will be looking at pressing into finals action. There core group has definately been strengthened and may only be lacking a ruckman to make a hard push up the ladder....

Generally mate (stinger) when you say the playing surface to the outer indicates from the middle of the ground to the boundary line...

Thanks for clearing that up return of the pies, you wrote the right explanation of what was trying to be said.

Returning to more intellectual chat, I have it on good word that sale have recruited heavily (as outlined by ultimate warrior and others) and will be looking at pressing into finals action. There core group has definately been strengthened and may only be lacking a ruckman to make a hard push up the ladder....
i stand corrected then reffering to the ladder and sale obtaining the spoon for 2010

can anyone tell me if killoran is still playing at maffra? if not where else he may be playing?

can anyone tell me if killoran is still playing at maffra? if not where else he may be playing?
He has been away working in England ,but word has it that Cal will be back playing at Maffra full time this year.They're going to need him too ,Traralgon and sale should prove a lot more difficult to overcome this year ,haven't heard much of the other teams in the comp.

sale are going to surprise a lot of people this year. they are rallying a good bunch of guys down there in sale. young and exciting talent that may still be raw but will definately give a few sides a shake up this year.
im predicting top 4 finish!!

I will tell you now Sale won't finish bottom. They will be top 4 easy.

I defiantly agree mate, rumor has it that sale is looking very fit and strong this year under nick anderson. they will be a lot more competitive this year and will surprise a lot of people.

Heard Matt Johnston has moved back this way and will be playing for Maffra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back