Gippsland League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: West Gippy Latrobe (Part 2)

Matt Johnston living in Maffra so could be a handy pick up. Hopefully have a better run with injuries this year - Ben Coleman, Gary Jones and Kelvin Porter all missed the GF with injuries. Will lose Ben Robbins (retired), Matt Lee (moved to Canberra) and John Butcher (Port Adelaide) from the GF side. Dave Adams not playing with the Bullants so should get a full year from him, Kal Killoran back for the majority of the season and hopefully some of the top age thirds premiership players from last year step up. And yes Nugget - just going about our business (quietly) as usual.

Matt Johnston living in Maffra so could be a handy pick up. Hopefully have a better run with injuries this year - Ben Coleman, Gary Jones and Kelvin Porter all missed the GF with injuries. Will lose Ben Robbins (retired), Matt Lee (moved to Canberra) and John Butcher (Port Adelaide) from the GF side. Dave Adams not playing with the Bullants so should get a full year from him, Kal Killoran back for the majority of the season and hopefully some of the top age thirds premiership players from last year step up. And yes Nugget - just going about our business (quietly) as usual.

So is David Robbins (Ben & Criag's Cousin) playing with Maffra this year or is that just a rumour?

Matt is a quality player and quality bloke. Been playing in the Mornington area for a few years so should be a valuable pick up.

Can't wait to watch Maffra V Sale this year :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Apparently not enjoying Traralgon seen training at Glengarry this week and in discussion with Josh King
I'd be surprised if this eventuated. Both his brothers are playing at Traralgon, and his old man is coaching the U/16's there. His best mates all play at Gormy FC, so i'd bank on him either staying at Tgon or going back to Gormy.
Having said all that, the old man wasn't scared to swap clubs.

I'd be surprised if this eventuated. Both his brothers are playing at Traralgon, and his old man is coaching the U/16's there. His best mates all play at Gormy FC, so i'd bank on him either staying at Tgon or going back to Gormy.
Having said all that, the old man wasn't scared to swap clubs.
I'm willing to concede i could be wrong on this one. Add Rosey, to Glen and Gormy as clubs that Veg Jnr could end up. Still reckon he'll end up at Tigerland, given that Dane McGennisken will be back.

Just want to touch on the sale footy club quickly..

i am new to this whole online chat forum.

Sale have recruited really well this year, sale has picked up ex Junior Craig Flint who played all levels of power and was lucky enough to be drafted, from what i hear he was struck with injury and it led to being given the sack. played GVFL and played in the rep side in 08 and was a part of Craig Kellys premiership side in 09. Is hard at it and good at breaking the lines. at 22 im sure he will bring a lot of experience back to the club for the young developing guys coming through.

Also back are two power boys in Mitch Davis and Jordan Dessent
both very solid strong looking young blokes, Jordan will play across half back is hard at it and loves mopping up. mitch will play up forward or through the ruck he is very solid but still moves reasonably well.

The martins, Kane, peircing left foot and will be an asset on a half forward, very damaging and will give a few sides heartache this season.
Brenton, a small/Mid size forward who is capable of being a pinch hitter in the middle, will kick 50+ goals and have a huge impact at the club, he looks to be getting fit.

Waddell small defender who can break the lines will play on small forwards and isn't affraid of a tussle as i've already seen at training. even though he is stepping up from bairnsdale. its good to see blokes take the next step and strive to improve.

Smith, is deceptively tall, once his arms are outstrectched he looks hard to beat, saw him play for bairnsdale and looks good, again good to see a bloke taking it by the scruff and attempting the next level.

Stasinowsky, Very strong leading forward who loves to take a mark running full pelt. strong overhead and seems to kick reasonably well. will be a big asset up forward for the pies and is quite capable.

Along with this there is the young talent that sale has coming through. the likes of cross, wallace, garret, who have all strung together a few senior games now. and with a good balance of senior blokes in Fraser, Fowler, Harris and Martin.

I'd say the sale footy club would be impressed with there new recruits and would be looking forward to getting on the park for 2010. it will be an exiting year for the young guys down there. Nick anderson will be great for the young guys coming through.

let me know your thoughts???

Just want to touch on the sale footy club quickly..

i am new to this whole online chat forum.

Sale have recruited really well this year, sale has picked up ex Junior Craig Flint who played all levels of power and was lucky enough to be drafted, from what i hear he was struck with injury and it led to being given the sack. played GVFL and played in the rep side in 08 and was a part of Craig Kellys premiership side in 09. Is hard at it and good at breaking the lines. at 22 im sure he will bring a lot of experience back to the club for the young developing guys coming through.

Also back are two power boys in Mitch Davis and Jordan Dessent
both very solid strong looking young blokes, Jordan will play across half back is hard at it and loves mopping up. mitch will play up forward or through the ruck he is very solid but still moves reasonably well.

The martins, Kane, peircing left foot and will be an asset on a half forward, very damaging and will give a few sides heartache this season.
Brenton, a small/Mid size forward who is capable of being a pinch hitter in the middle, will kick 50+ goals and have a huge impact at the club, he looks to be getting fit.

Waddell small defender who can break the lines will play on small forwards and isn't affraid of a tussle as i've already seen at training. even though he is stepping up from bairnsdale. its good to see blokes take the next step and strive to improve.

Smith, is deceptively tall, once his arms are outstrectched he looks hard to beat, saw him play for bairnsdale and looks good, again good to see a bloke taking it by the scruff and attempting the next level.

Stasinowsky, Very strong leading forward who loves to take a mark running full pelt. strong overhead and seems to kick reasonably well. will be a big asset up forward for the pies and is quite capable.

Along with this there is the young talent that sale has coming through. the likes of cross, wallace, garret, who have all strung together a few senior games now. and with a good balance of senior blokes in Fraser, Fowler, Harris and Martin.

I'd say the sale footy club would be impressed with there new recruits and would be looking forward to getting on the park for 2010. it will be an exiting year for the young guys down there. Nick anderson will be great for the young guys coming through.

let me know your thoughts???
Since Toby Leeds has left ,Sale really don't have a recognized ruckman and will have to rely on pinchitters in the ruck.Heard at one stage they were putting some serious groundwork into getting Dyl McLaren back to the club as recently as a few weeks ago ,but from what i hear,he enjoys the Melbourne lifestyle too much and won't be back anytime soon thats a pity.Lack of ruckman aside though they look to be above average size elsewhere on the ground for the first time in a long time.Throw in the fact they will have Lachie Todd and Ryan Pendlebury who is almost pushing the 6'4" mark to call on when not on Power commitments ,things are looking up.

Tom McQualter has done his achilles and is out for the year for Traralgon. Combine that with Leigh McDonald staying at Churchill, and Chris Graham going elsewhere, then it probably hasn't been a great month for Traralgon.

Watch for a young kid who is still elligible for the U/16's to make his debut for Sale in the seniors this year by name of Shannon Lange.Tough as nails onballer who has really added some much needed bulk in the gym .Might play as early as round 2 (sale has the bye in rd1). Being a fairly evenly sized team ,Sale lack a genuine ruckman and a fast crumbing small forward ,Langey could easily fill that role.He has been near the top of all the fitness trials and is not the type of kid get intimidated by anybody.

Watch for a young kid who is still elligible for the U/16's to make his debut for Sale in the seniors this year by name of Shannon Lange.Tough as nails onballer who has really added some much needed bulk in the gym .Might play as early as round 2 (sale has the bye in rd1). Being a fairly evenly sized team ,Sale lack a genuine ruckman and a fast crumbing small forward ,Langey could easily fill that role.He has been near the top of all the fitness trials and is not the type of kid get intimidated by anybody.

Very Unlikely he'll debut this year. Sale will be looking into the 3rds and res before even thinking about 4ths. He is a good player but still awhile away. In 4ths you also Have Josh Cashman And Will Hams coming through who are good players. But i highly doubt they will get a game this year unless a massive injury crisis like last year when anyone could get a game pretty much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very Unlikely he'll debut this year. Sale will be looking into the 3rds and res before even thinking about 4ths. He is a good player but still awhile away. In 4ths you also Have Josh Cashman And Will Hams coming through who are good players. But i highly doubt they will get a game this year unless a massive injury crisis like last year when anyone could get a game pretty much.
i just heard that when the coach was quizzed recently on who the no.1 rover could be ,Langey was the first name he mentioned.Hams and Cashman are going to be good players but Langey has a bit of extra strength and mature agression at the ball that those guys couldn't bring to the table just yet .I don't think Langey would be as skilled as those two though particularly Will Hams but IMO he is probably more prepared to play senior football ATM.Begs the question ,how good would the onball brigade be in the Sale 4ths this year if they all play there all season , they might give Traralgon or Maffra a shake in that age group this year. Not that it means a hell of a lot.

i just heard that when the coach was quizzed recently on who the no.1 rover could be ,Langey was the first name he mentioned.Hams and Cashman are going to be good players but Langey has a bit of extra strength and mature agression at the ball that those guys couldn't bring to the table just yet .I don't think Langey would be as skilled as those two though particularly Will Hams but IMO he is probably more prepared to play senior football ATM.Begs the question ,how good would the onball brigade be in the Sale 4ths this year if they all play there all season ,throw in that kid from College they picked up (not sure of his name) ,and they might give Traralgon or Maffra a shake in that age group this year. Not that it means a hell of a lot.

Your acting like sale doesn't have a good quality midfield which is actually sales best asset. Laverty, Mcadam, Harris, Flint, Wheeler, Garrett, Cross, Love, Glenane. They are all good players who have the experience. There are also older bigger players in 3rds and res who i think we get more of a look in before lange but i may be wrong. You never know how a new coach picks his team.

Your acting like sale doesn't have a good quality midfield which is actually sales best asset. Laverty, Mcadam, Harris, Flint, Wheeler, Garrett, Cross, Love, Glenane. They are all good players who have the experience. There are also older bigger players in 3rds and res who i think we get more of a look in before lange but i may be wrong. You never know how a new coach picks his team.
I know Sale has got a great midfield but apparently the kid has been training the house down and if he was brought in to the team ,it wouldn't be because they are struggling it would be because he deserves a spot and a few people at the club in influential positions are genuinely convinced he's ready to take that step from all reports .

Young Langey is a jet! he's fast, has plenty of guts and fight and isnt affraid of getting in and under. he will play round 1 if he is available!!!

Along with lange there are a numbere of other young guys showing plenty.

Mitch Davis for one, saw the sale boys have a practice match on monday night. Mitch moves well for a big fella!! looked fast and almost played as a mobile utility pinch hitter in the ruck. Very strong overhead and has a good penetrating kick, saw him sneak up forward and take a couple big marks. seems to have shredded down a little which is allowing him to get around easier. get a couple more games under his belt and he'll be getting around like a midfielder. was very impressed.

Doesn't Jackson Glenane play for Boisdale?

Answering my own question: Playing at Sale.

Young Langey is a jet! he's fast, has plenty of guts and fight and isnt affraid of getting in and under. he will play round 1 if he is available!!!

Along with lange there are a numbere of other young guys showing plenty.

Mitch Davis for one, saw the sale boys have a practice match on monday night. Mitch moves well for a big fella!! looked fast and almost played as a mobile utility pinch hitter in the ruck. Very strong overhead and has a good penetrating kick, saw him sneak up forward and take a couple big marks. seems to have shredded down a little which is allowing him to get around easier. get a couple more games under his belt and he'll be getting around like a midfielder. was very impressed.

Ok Mitch.

your days must be over and gone are they dylza???

was just pointing out a young fella who looks like he will play some good football for sale, i can add to that list if you like.
Jordan dessent- hard at it, great skills and is looking fitter than ever, has great hands over head and looks very poised when he has the ball.
Joel Wallace- never beaten in one on one, manages to keep his feet at every contest. looks very comfortable as a backman and will play a lot of games for sale.
Jacko glenane- played at boisdale last year and has returned to sale, super fit and has taken his opportunity by the scruff and will play senior footy in 2010. very fast and has great skills. also isn't affraid to bury his head in under.
Jason Garret- speedster who will play a wing opposite russell mcadam. is capable of turning a game through his pace and has reasonable skills. has now nothced up a few games in the seniors and will begin to have more of an impact, is extremely fit and i'd expect a big year out of him.

I think we need to thank ourselves lucky these young guys are prepared to hang around locally and support their local clubs, its great to see and if local football is to have a future we need to keep these guys interested and involved with their clubs.
It seems as though a lot of people get on here and find it very easy to hide behind there computer screen and dish out critisism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back