superstar_09

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2005
CHF
AFL Club
Melbourne
What a match this will be.
Clearly thebest two tams of the year.

IMO Dandy have too many stars and can see them getting up narrowly.

Prynnys Match Lead Up (I have to much time on my hands)

These two teams met twice during the year
Round 6: Dandenong Won by 6 points at Morwell
Round 17: Gippsland won by 11 points at Shepley Oval

Players who performed well in both games:
Gippsland
Ricky Delphine - Round 6 he had 13 kicks and 4 handballs.
- Round 17 he had a massive 34 kicks 8 handballs 2 goals.
- Major impact on game. Aggressive, in and under running rover

Steven O'Bryan - Rnd 6 he had 21 kicks and 9 hbs
- Rnd 17 he had 15 kicks and 5 hbs
- Great leadership skill (is captian). Lifts team wen plays well

Dandenong
Daniel Nicholls - Rnd 6 24 Kicks 10 hbs 3 goals
- Rnd 17 19 Kicks and 9 hbs
- Plays both ends of grounds and midfield. Very Very handy player

Greg Bentley - Rnd 6 12 kicks 6hbs 2 Goals
- Rnd 17 14 Kicks 6 hbs 3 Goals
- Plays anywhere. absolute freak by being able to play anywhere
- Against Power he has played W, HFF, C, FF, CHB and Rover. will be a key to the rays

Key Match Ups
Neagle (GP) and Kirkwood (DS) - Full Foward vs Full Back. in round 6 Neagle got the upper on Kirkwood and kicked 6 goals but in round 17 Kirkwood killed Neagle by running off. Neagle had 4 kicks in rnd 17.

Fint (GP) and Murray (DS) - Other end of the ground FF, FB. Fint takes alot of risks and can be caught out. He likes to run off. Murray to have to much strength and get the upper hand.

Delphine, Ellis (GP) and Carpenter, Magner (DS) - I believe these will be the key to the game. If Delphine and Ellis make no impact Dandenong will run away with the game. Ellis has been kept quite both times against the rays. I think that it may be Magner to get Ellis due to his strength will over power Xavier.

Other player who will need to perform to get there side over the line
Gippsland
Hansen, Thomas, Pendlebury and Eddy
Dandenong
Scalzo, Cook, Gill and Barker

MY TIP: Dandenong to have more run on the day and will win there first Grand Final. Dandenong by 9 points, with the B.O.G going to Daniel Nicholls

bigonemate said:
footyman can you give me a summary of magner, and if you rate him at all??
Going to screening so he must be on someone's list. Might be more to do with the fact he missed a fair bit of footy in the middle of the year (I think with a broken thumb) that a few clubs want a closer look based on some fairly good form before injury that saw him part of the first Vic Metro squad.

Averaging about 21 possessions from 12 games which is pretty handy. Best game I saw was at Box Hill against Eastern had 26 touches, kicked 3 goals, missed an easy one as well so should of had 4 goals.

Short flanker/midfield type, capable overhead for a short bloke, good engine - can go all day. But to me he doesn't seem to be overly quick which I guess is important for a shorter player. Would doubt he'll be drafted, possibly a rookie, but there are always surprises. I'd have others at his height ahead of him on my list.

Has never really played an eye catcher at the games I've seen in the second half of the year though, so we'll see if Dandenong can rompa away with the victory and if he can play well on GF day I guess.

thanks i watched the game yesterday and it seemed as though he was tagging bowes and completely shut him out, hasnt been an eye catcher in the games ive seen him in either although i have heard he has a super fitness base

bigonemate said:
thanks i watched the game yesterday and it seemed as though he was tagging bowes and completely shut him out, hasnt been an eye catcher in the games ive seen him in either although i have heard he has a super fitness base
Interesting. I wasn't there yesterday but Bowes had been terrific the week before so a good scalp if he shut him out, even though tagging isn't meant to happen in the TAC Cup.

I get the impression Magner wouldn't be too far off Jones in the endurance tests at the Stingrays. That seems the biggest strength he'd have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes magner had the job on bowes yesterday and completley shut him out of the game (10 disposals) while picking up a handy 21 disposals himself. Also had 8 tackles and 7 handball recieves.

Footyman on your comment earlier that magner lacks pace that is rubbish. He was in the top 3 at stingrays over 20m and also had the best time in the 3km time trial. I also think he got around the 15 mark on the beep test with puts him right up with the best. Would have to be one of the strongest people for his size with a max bench of 140 kg.

No sure about his draft prospects but feel he would be worth a least a rookie spot.

Last time the two sides met about a month back magner had the job on gippsland captain steven o'bryan in the first half, completely closing him down before being moved on to delphine after half time. IMO will get O'Bryan to start and may need to be moved depending on the form of ellis/delphine in first half.

superstar_09 said:
Yes magner had the job on bowes yesterday and completley shut him out of the game (10 disposals) while picking up a handy 21 disposals himself. Also had 8 tackles and 7 handball recieves.

Footyman on your comment earlier that magner lacks pace that is rubbish. He was in the top 3 at stingrays over 20m and also had the best time in the 3km time trial. I also think he got around the 15 mark on the beep test with puts him right up with the best. Would have to be one of the strongest people for his size with a max bench of 140 kg.

No sure about his draft prospects but feel he would be worth a least a rookie spot.

Last time the two sides met about a month back magner had the job on gippsland captain steven o'bryan in the first half, completely closing him down before being moved on to delphine after half time. IMO will get O'Bryan to start and may need to be moved depending on the form of ellis/delphine in first half.
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't aware he is as quick as you say, to the eye he doesn't seem to be as quick as other small blokes in the side, but I knew he could keep going all day. Thats what the draft screening will prove anyway, we'll find out after that just how quick he is I guess.

Unlikely there will be a profile done on him for footydraft anyway.

footyman said:
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't aware he is as quick as you say, to the eye he doesn't seem to be as quick as other small blokes in the side, but I knew he could keep going all day. Thats what the draft screening will prove anyway, we'll find out after that just how quick he is I guess.

hey footyman whilst on this topic of state screenings is it possible for you to through up a list of vic state screening boys on this site? im itching to get a look at the final list.
Cheers

headovathepill said:
hey footyman whilst on this topic of state screenings is it possible for you to through up a list of vic state screening boys on this site? im itching to get a look at the final list.
Cheers

VIC METRO
Adams Leigh (east)
Anthony Daniel (brighton grammar)
Anthony John (nor)
Barker Curtis (dan)
Barlow Ed (oak)
Bentley Greg (dand)
Bonnadio (port melb vfl)
Bowes (cald)
Buckley (sand)
Cain (oak)
Cook (dand)
Corrigan (sand vfl)
Crowe (dand)
Dickson (wes)
Edwards (wes)
Gill (dand)
Hocking (east)
Horaczko (dand)
Iezzi (oak)
Jackson (nor)
Jansen (box hill)
Lyons (jets)
Magner (rays)
Markovic (ranges)
McGuinness (sandy)
Neaves (cald)
Nicholls (rays)
Perri (east burwood)
Plymin (sandy)
Robertson (calder)
Robinson (rays)
Sutherland (oak)
Thomas (oak)
Tuck (rays)
Vance (melb grammar)
White (cald)
Young (coburg vfl)

VIC COUNTRY
Banjamin (geel)
Bartram (geel)
Collins (mur)
Dunne (gipp)
Eddy (geel)
Flint (gipp)
Fraser (gipp)
Johnson (geel)
Kennelley (mur)
Leishout (gipp)
McGuane (geelong u18)
O'Bryan (gippsland u18)
Platfuss (murray u18)
Robins (bendigo vfl)
Rowe (murray u18)
Ryan (gippsland u18)
Wormald (geelong u18)

It will be a great story if he is given a rookie spot. Picked up from local football last year as a second year player and was in the inital Vic Metro sqaud in his first year of TAC Cup football.

Thanks footyman.
Is that all of the playes? It seems like a small list considering alot of the initial listings, especialy from geelong and the numbers which they have had previously.

With the risk of changing the topic of the thread i'll say dandy by a small margin. Just quickly a tad surprised in a way to not see Chris cain get a gig at screening. he did impress a few with his work ethic for vicmetro and his ball winning ability for the chargers.
also who is Perri?

footyman said:
VIC METRO
Lyons (jets)
Magner (rays)
Markovic (ranges)
McGuinness (sandy)
Neaves (cald)
Nicholls (rays)
Perri (east burwood)
Plymin (sandy)
Robertson (calder)
Robinson (rays)
Sutherland (oak)
Thomas (oak)
Tuck (rays)
Vance (melb grammar)
White (cald)
Young (coburg vfl)

VIC COUNTRY
McGuane (geelong u18)
O'Bryan (gippsland u18)
Platfuss (murray u18)
Robins (bendigo vfl)
Rowe (murray u18)
Ryan (gippsland u18)
Wormald (geelong u18)
I heard that Ben Fraser from Gippsland got a screening, is that not so?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gippsland Vs Dandenong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back