Glenn Maxwell Australian of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

No that’s not what I’m saying.
He is a binge drinker, not someone who drinks 24/7, he gets to levels most cannot.
Completely reckless where he could harm himself.

How do you know this?

Not much has been reported in the past of Maxwell's drinking

How do you know this?

Not much has been reported in the past of Maxwell's drinking
I know because I see it.
He is often out with Finchy but sometimes on his own, and they love hitting the old cigars hard.
Finchy knows when to call stumps but Maxy just keeps rolling on.

I’ve always been amazed how he hasn’t had much attention. In saying that when I see him, he is generally out of competition.

Last edited:
Lets not go overboard lol.Perhaps or we hope he plays at MCG in the Boxing Day Test and makes a big 100 but sadly the ACB selectors have neglected how talented he is and should have played more then 6 tests.
He's a talented white ball cricketer.
If he had deserved to play more Test cricket, he would have played more Test cricket.
Saying he's been neglected a million times, doesn't make it more true.

He's a talented white ball cricketer.
If he had deserved to play more Test cricket, he would have played more Test cricket.
Saying he's been neglected a million times, doesn't make it more true.
We will never know these days whether he is a talented red ball cricketer,hardy played a red ball game in the last 5 years or so.Test cricket days are over for Maxi I would think.

We will never know these days whether he is a talented red ball cricketer,hardy played a red ball game in the last 5 years or so.Test cricket days are over for Maxi I would think.
I saw enough to see he wasn't a Test cricketer.
Big difference between Test and white ball cricket

Only played 6 tests,none in Australia.Not given enough chances un like a player like Warner.You are judging him on what he does in white ball cricket where he comes in later in the order and has to take the bowlers on to up the strike rate.

Perhaps you should buy Maxi,s book which is coming out at the end of October.Maxi to important a player for white ball cricket it seems,When he got his ton in India 2 tests later dropped for the 1st test in Australia and told to get runs in the shield,he did get 280 straight away in a shield game at the MCG.Treated harshly by the selectors and lets not forget was one of the best fieldsman in the world and a handy spin bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenn Maxwell Australian of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back