Goal umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairtex

All Australian
Feb 2, 2010
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
twice the goal umpire thought it was a goal, but the ****ing field/boundary umpire over-ruled the decision. Why the **** are the goal umpires there?

twice the goal umpire thought it was a goal, but the ****ing field/boundary umpire over-ruled the decision. Why the **** are the goal umpires there?

The first one was touched mate and the field umpire had the better look at it. The 2nd decision the goal umpire actually said he couldn't see it, the field umpire said he didn't see it but the boundary umpire said it was touched.

Get your facts right

Don't understand why it occured at all. Surely you let the umpire make the decision. The umpires in pink was the biggest problem. That handball to the pink ******** was a shocking moment for the AFL. Came at a crucial moment.

Mate, look at it this way. You were lucky to win the game, your a "premiership favourite":p, we were expected to finish bottom 2 this year. I would think we can take more out of this game than you guys can. Good luck in September, if you can get there. :thumbsu:

The first one was touched mate and the field umpire had the better look at it. The 2nd decision the goal umpire actually said he couldn't see it, the field umpire said he didn't see it but the boundary umpire said it was touched.

Get your facts right

Here is a fact. The field umpire should only overrule a decision if he is positive an incorrect decision is paid. Both time the field umpire was unsure. In that case it should be refered to the goal umpire. It was clear in both cases the umpire ws going to call a goal. What is the point of having a goal umpire?

Mate, look at it this way. You were lucky to win the game, your a "premiership favourite":p, we were expected to finish bottom 2 this year. I would think we can take more out of this game than you guys can. Good luck in September, if you can get there. :thumbsu:

Never said you didn't deserve to win the game. In the 2nd half you out played us and we got a couple of goals late to win. It is disappointing for you gusy like it was for us last week but atleast you guys are playing great football and look to have a great future.

As for premiership favourite, we are playing along way from that type of football but the season is a marathon and we will improve as the year goes on.

Good luck for the rest of the year and i hope you guys make the finals

Here is a fact. The field umpire should only overrule a decision if he is positive an incorrect decision is paid. Both time the field umpire was unsure. In that case it should be refered to the goal umpire. It was clear in both cases the umpire ws going to call a goal. What is the point of having a goal umpire?

You are wrong!!!! The 2nd goal you are talking about the goal umpire said his sight was blocked. Go back and listen:D:D:D

The first one the field umpire over ruled as he was right. Field umpires are allowed to over rule.

You are wrong!!!! The 2nd goal you are talking about the goal umpire said his sight was blocked. Go back and listen:D:D:D

The first one the field umpire over ruled as he was right. Field umpires are allowed to over rule.

Im sure you would be saying the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. Get outta here you biased dimwit.

They were both goals. Anyone could see that. Absolute joke. Great at end of game to hear Melbourne supporters boooing. Couldn't hear any dogs cheering

Im sure you would be saying the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot. Get outta here you biased dimwit.

I don't blame umpires for losses.

Go back and listen to what the goal umpire says hero

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F**K off you idiot,the second one was a goal,you western suberbs are shitenhousen to beat a team full off kids,

i never expected to win b4 the game saying that the umpires were again corrupt.

Wrong.

Umpire audio on triple m has the field umpire saying of the first goal 'I'm pretty sure it was touched'
And audio of the second goal clearly has the goal umpire saying he thinks it was a goal and the field umpire saying he thinks it was touched.

Surely, if the field umpire is not 100% certain, he should not be allowed to overrule the goal umpires decision.

Mate, have you heard the story about the black kettle?

Gotta say that the first one looked like it could have been touched quite easily. It almost looked like the fist and the foot hit it at the same time. The second one looked like it was touched. Lake's fingers were bent back as the ball passed which indicates the ball hit them.

I hate that we lost but I hate being soar losers as well.

Gotta say that the first one looked like it could have been touched quite easily. It almost looked like the fist and the foot hit it at the same time. The second one looked like it was touched. Lake's fingers were bent back as the ball passed which indicates the ball hit them.

Respect:thumbsu:

I tell ya what fellas. If clubs werent shittin emselfs about us after the collingwood game, well they are now. We are way above where l thought we would be. I said to a mate a couple of years ago we will win the flag in 2014, he said 2013. this club that we love so much is inspired by a man who is fighting for his life. Scully, Trengrove Fantastic as they should be but Mckenzie, Grimes ( disposal sometimes ) Frawley, Warnock, Garland and some old boys. Yes we lost but hey lm looking forward to Sepember. The mastermind behind it all DEAN BAILEY he has done everything he can with what he has got, l only hope that he does not get shafted now because the team is starting to shine. GO DEEES

lol piss off bulldog flogs, a 19 yr old and 2 18 yr olds ripped you to pieces in the middle tonight, your geriatric old slow junk arent going to win you a premiership, we've got a heaps brighter future then you.

Both times, the goal umpire was going to award a goal, he didnt tap his hand thinking it was touched, Both times he was the closest person and in best position to make the call, and people further away came in and overrulled him, it was shit, Enjoy your win.

Sore**
Looked like it could have been touched quite easily, however benefit of the doubt should be given to the person 2m away, not 30m away. It should have been paid a goal.

As for being sore losers, It's not being sore, it's correctly questioning some dubious decisions which influenced the course of the match. Nothing wrong with that.

F**K off you idiot,the second one was a goal,you western suberbs are shitenhousen to beat a team full off kids,

i never expected to win b4 the game saying that the umpires were again corrupt.

Firstly learn how to spell

Secondly you live in the boonies

Thirdly i live on the other side of the city

But nice try:D:D

lol piss off bulldog flogs, a 19 yr old and 2 18 yr olds ripped you to pieces in the middle tonight, your geriatric old slow junk arent going to win you a premiership, we've got a heaps brighter future then you.

Both times, the goal umpire was going to award a goal, he didnt tap his hand thinking it was touched, Both times he was the closest person and in best position to make the call, and people further away came in and overrulled him, it was shit, Enjoy your win.
You still lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goal umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back