Injury Goddard Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

[youtube]ntC4Bf-bdjA[/youtube]

Looks like a seizure which can occur straight after neck injury, in which case the doctors will be correcting the injury in hospital so there are no recurrences.

Goddard certainly has some bad luck.

[YOUTUBE]kuCZrMc8Dds[/YOUTUBE]

Heard on the radio a few minutes ago that BJ has had xrays on his neck and so far so good. No news on Dempster as yet.. Blake has hurt his knee and Lynch has fractured his finger. Also to top things off Peake has been reported.

Yeah I just heard on the news here that Goddard has been cleared of any serious injury and will be OK to fly home tonight.

Dempster has concussion and may have to stay in hospital overnight.

So hopefully no long term injuries there.

Heard on the radio a few minutes ago that BJ has had xrays on his neck and so far so good. No news on Dempster as yet.. Blake has hurt his knee and Lynch has fractured his finger. Also to top things off Peake has been reported.

So far so good, kneck injuries really worry me, there is a lot more at stake than some footy game against Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far so good, kneck injuries really worry me, there is a lot more at stake than some footy game against Collingwood.

Whilst I'm by no means comparing damage here, when I was a young tack (consider the live actions teenage mutant ninja turtle movies were still at the cinemas) there was one morning which I remember vividly since it was a slanted morning, as for some reason my head was permanently attached to my left shoulder and any attempt to move it vertically produced a loud pitched moaning sound followed by tears. X-rays later (and I mean 2-3 days here) showed that I had torn a muscle in the neck, no surgery required and right now you can feel a bubble of muscle where it tore and subsequently where the strains still attach to my neck. Now, I played under 16.5's locally knowing this and of course got buried under numerous tackles due to the blinkered hack I was and despite this being 8 or so years after the event, well, I stuffed my neck up further that I now have to basically stretch it daily of my left arm goes to sleep for a bit. There was actually a night where I woke up fine, got out of bed feeling fine and then when I went to open my bedroom door my arm simply would not lift as I had slept on the pillow funny, it took about 5mins for the arm to regain feeling like a massive pins and needles session.

Yes, there's a lot more important things than to go through that or the distinct possibility that you will do lasting damage to your neck, yeah, I was very worried of the fact that I might have ended up in a wheelchair because someone else barreled into the side of my head and no, I did not expect people to treat me differently (which kinda shits me these days cause of the arthritis, yeah I can still open cans I just need padding and a little more time cause it hurts, you baby me and open it for me and I'm going to throw it at you you condescending little.. ehem) but to be completely honest, I would not take back any time I spent being a kid and going to movies with my head attached to my shoulder for weird looks by the general public, having to sit leaning on the arm rest so I can see things properly just as I wouldn't regret if I got stretchered off after being poleaxed because I was doing something that I loved doing and that was close to my heart since my family have an association with the club in question.

There are more important things yes, but they might not be as precious to us.

Both officially on the tarmac and ready to fly home tonight but StKilda still dont know if they will be right to play next week.

Oh my GODdard.
I had pretty much given in to life without goddard for the rest of the season.
Don't mind if he doesn't play next week.
Love him to be back by the dogs though if possible.

Have there been any numbers thrown around on how long he might be out?..

Goddard and Dempster cleared

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/114963/default.aspx

ST KILDA duo Brendon Goddard and Sean Dempster have been cleared to travel back to Melbourne with the team after being discharged from hospital following injuries in their clash with Fremantle.

X-rays have cleared Goddard of a neck injury while Dempster has been given the all clear after suffering concussion.

Goddard was collected high by teammate Zac Dawson's hip in a marking contest late in the first quarter and appeared to seriously injure his neck.

The 26-year-old spoke to trainers before the stretcher was called, with play stopped for three minutes. The Saints activated substitute Nicholas Winmar.

The injury was compounded late in the match when Dempster was stretchered off after his head collected the knee of teammate Jason Blake.

However, the news isn't all good for the Saints with Jason Blake injuring his knee and Tom Lynch dislocating his finger.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/114992/default.aspx

Medical staff at the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital cleared Brendan Goddard and Sean Dempster, who were both able to travel home with the team after Saturday's game against Fremantle at Patersons Stadium.

Dempster was given the ok to travel after sustaining a concussion in the final minutes of the game.

After leaving the field during the first quarter, a series of x-rays have cleared Goddard of any injury to the neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Goddard Injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back