Goddard kicking ball at crowd members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok, i didn't see this in yesterday's game but apparently Goddard did the old Plugger Lockett trick and kicked it at the opposition supporters deliberately when kicking a goal, did anyone see this? Did it look bad? And is there any youtube linkage?

If we are going to tell players how to kick a goal OMG that would HAVE TO TAKE THE CAKE OF RIDICULOUSNESS!!:thumbsdown:

Sure was goddard being a prick to the cheersquad?? maybe... so what? Cheersquads get away with filthy language threats of violence to players stuff that ina real world would be summons to court .. why not let the players get some back on these nufties??

ONYA goddard!:thumbsu:

Being there and being down that end, he was in the square running in when he recieved it and drilled through a low, flat and fast trop that shot into the Freo cheer squad. I joked that he may have been aiming to take someone's head off but hey, he can put it through whatever way he likes.

Yep I noticed him really drill a headhunter into first row during the game - hadn't realised it was the Freo cheersquad but that would make sense.

If you go to the footy and sit directly behind the goals, there's a chance you might get a whack on the scone. Occupational hazard. :cool:

Apparently he hit an 8yo kid in the head and he needed assistance from the St John's people.

Pretty low act IMO, when running into an open goal from 2m out straight in front, just dribble it on the ground or kick it into the top level. No need to kick a line drive into a kid's head.

Shouldn't have any action taken against him but a gentle warning across the competition would suffice.

It probably says more about Goddard than anything.

Apparently he hit an 8yo kid in the head and he needed assistance from the St John's people.

Pretty low act IMO, when running into an open goal from 2m out straight in front, just dribble it on the ground or kick it into the top level. No need to kick a line drive into a kid's head.

Shouldn't have any action taken against him but a gentle warning across the competition would suffice.

And here they come . . . :D

No it says more about the whining nature of you.

If you sit behind the goals, do so at your own risk.

I also highly doubt that Goddard would deliberately boot the ball at the cheer squad, he's entitled to put the goal through the big sticks any way he pleases.

Goddards a bit of a hot head, but these are the risks of sitting behind the goals.

Probably meant to make a point at the time, though I doubt he wanted to injure a kid.

Regardless, I doubt he AFL start policing the way goals are kicked.

Un-necersary, but there ya go.

Maybe he's just a crap kick and he was aiming for Joffa who was sitting next to the kid? Or he's a really, really crap kick and was aiming for the fat kid from the Eagles cheer squad that Magic took on.

There should be a law that the ball has to be launched on a trajectory that can't harm anyone. Think of the children.

I'd suggest it'll be a quiet word at training from one of the assistant coaches....

"marketing reckons it's not a good look BJ, try not to let the (......) get to you."

Given the AFL's media drivel and willingness to interfere however.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:D

Imagine if the umpire pulled him up for "bringing the game into disrepute", disallowed the goal, and gave a free kick to Fremantle?

Would never happen, but I'd be interested to see the result.

Was listening to SEN at the time and they definitely called it deliberate straight away.

Not sure how they knew his intentions but whatever.

You sit behind the goals, you risk injury. There is a disclaimer during the warmups of every game. It comes with the territory regardless of whether the player takes aim or not.

Diddums.

I'd suggest it'll be a quiet word at training from one of the assistant coaches....

"marketing reckons it's not a good look BJ, try not to let the (......) get to you."

Given the AFL's media drivel and willingness to interfere however.....

Yep, about this. Didn't see it but if he did kick it unnecessarily hard at the Freo cheersquad he should be told not to do it again.

If I had a kid I wouldn't take him or her down with the cheer squad. Not the place for a child.

If I had a kid I wouldn't take him or her down with the cheer squad. Not the place for a child.

Serious question: has there been research to show that being part of the cheer squad is contagious? That's awful and it's certainly not something you'd expose a child to. What are the symptoms? Dolls of the opposition with needles inserted? Make believe banners? Surely not knitting silver jackets with their tiny, chubby fingers???

No it says more about the whining nature of you.

If you sit behind the goals, do so at your own risk.

I also highly doubt that Goddard would deliberately boot the ball at the cheer squad, he's entitled to put the goal through the big sticks any way he pleases.
It certainly looked intentional at the ground

Not saying there's anything wrong with that necesarily, but not a great look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back