Goddard kicking ball at crowd members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on

Im not a person to even care about this crap but he kicked very very hard into a person of the cheer squad

Would he have done it in the Saints cheer squad i dont think he would have but who knows

There was no need to kick the football like a bullet into people just a stupid thing to do could have kicked it into the fence or into the stands just stupid he wasn't under any pressure just running straight into goal

dont think many AFL footballers would do that

Why are you people going on about this..

There have been warnings/disclaimers about these seats for decades... There's no case to answer, done and dusted....Thread over.

Apparently he hit an 8yo kid in the head and he needed assistance from the St John's people.

Pretty low act IMO, when running into an open goal from 2m out straight in front, just dribble it on the ground or kick it into the top level. No need to kick a line drive into a kid's head.

Shouldn't have any action taken against him but a gentle warning across the competition would suffice.

It probably says more about Goddard than anything.
2m?

Try 20.

According to 3AW an 8 year old was concussed & had to seek assistance from St. Johns. AFL has announced an investigation.

I am sorry but this is a non-issue. If you sit in those seats you have to be mindful of the ball coming hard and fast at you.

If he had been under pressure and had to get a quick kick away we wouldn't even be talking about this. No case to answer whatsoever.

As an aside, I remember years ago a game at Princes Park. I was a kid sitting in the old Carlton Social Club and Collingwood reserves were playing Carlton in the pre-match game. Big Collingwood Forward Ronnie McKeown (I think) did the same thing to the Carlton cheer squad. I think he too also hit some junior member not paying attention. There were some more 'enthusiastic' members of the cheer squad about ready to jump the fence. Give the size of Ronnie they were probably wise not to.

bloody hell if you all whinge loud enough we will be reading threads about safety nets spoiling the view of the game.

the kid should have marked it anyway...

How anyone can profess to know what he was thinking, this is a strange thread...

In the context of the game, the goal was very relevant, and needed to be kicked.

I hope the kid is OK

U watch the media beat it up for the mums and wowsers. By the time tomorrow comes around he'll be told he has to take time off training for a special visit to his home with an "i'm sorry son smile", trinkits, sherrin and assorted AFl gear supplied by Anderson...plus a small press contingent to get a photo the AFL can pop on their website for the mums.
Kid obviously cant take a grab for shit.

I was there yesterday and I saw it. Filthy act indeed and says a lot about Goddard. Should've dribbled it along the ground but instead hit a kid in the head. Pissant effort

FFS, the world has gone so soft and completely mad when this shit is getting a run and people are genuinely complaining.

I suggest the unco 8 year old not sit behind the goals when the big boys are kicking it hard then.

This is ridiculous.

I would have LMFAO if i saw that happen live though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyways, it's probably a credit to his foot skills to even nail someone, there wouldn't have been more than 100 people sitting there.

he definately hit some kid. was in the crowd at the other end of the stadium and you could see someone (mother/father) holding on to the kid after it.

whatever, non issue. shouldn't have kids directly behind the goal posts. every chance to happen if there's a scrap for the ball in the goalsquare.

it'll be a real sad indictment on society in general if this gets turned into a big issue.

I blame myself. I joked pregame that sandi would be decapitated, come back as frankenstein and decide the game through his severed pinky finger mainly because he's like 7 foot, turns out instead an 8 year old kid almost gets decapitated by a torp.

Sorry Freo fans, my bad, won't happen again. The karma shouldn't then be translated to the mancrush on BJ.

Because nobody has missed by 20 metres out lately?

A player should not have to stop, think, and dribble a ball through, that is crazy talk :eek:

Like I said, I hope the kid is OK, but nobody can possibly know what his intentions were.

So an 8 yr old is now not allowed to sit with his parents, who were sitting behind the goals.

**** me, there are some twats in this world.

It wasn't neccessary, there was no-one in front of Goddard, all he had to do was dribble it through for a goal. Instead he concusses an 8 yr old, let's see it happen to you and see how you feel.
lol

How about making an example of him.
Fine him and change the rules so its a free kick against instead of a goal if they kick it above fenceline, or too hard or too accurately.

"surely if it saves just one child from this shocking experience in the future it will all be worth it"

Okay, so the consensus from this thread is that there should be nets behind the goal posts. Let's lobby the AFL on an OH&S basis.

The only question yet to be decided is if the goal umpire stands behind or in front of the net.

You may have points on the other stuff, but laughing (your f'ing ass off no less) at an 8yo getting knocked out isn't real cool.
I agree with your point of view.

However, if you submit that video to Australia Funniest Home videos, the audience will all laugh.

Back on topic, non-issue as it's unlikely Goddard was aiming for the kid so hitting him was accidental. Negligent but not deliberate. Goddard should probably check up on the boy and the media will get off his back.

Because nobody has missed by 20 metres out lately?

A player should not have to stop, think, and dribble a ball through, that is crazy talk :eek:

Like I said, I hope the kid is OK, but nobody can possibly know what his intentions were.
He was in the goalsquare, and lined up the chearsquad.

There's not much you can do about it, and the kid probably shouldn't be sitting there, but let's not pretend it was an accident.

...i recall having a kick with a mates 8-9 yr old a couple of years ago and he was busy mouthing off as i lobbed one at him,caught him square on the 'ol snoz.He never took his eye off the ball again,therein lies the lesson.:)

So an 8 yr old is now not allowed to sit with his parents, who were sitting behind the goals.

**** me, there are some twats in this world.

It wasn't neccessary, there was no-one in front of Goddard, all he had to do was dribble it through for a goal. Instead he concusses an 8 yr old, let's see it happen to you and see how you feel.

If you dribble it along the ground you run the risk of a funnmy bump or turn and missing the goals.

You kick through the ball, taught that junior level. if you want to sit behind the goals (one of the worst places to sit to see the entire field too) Than you should be able to read the play to see what’s coming your way and protect your kids too.

And please let this story die before they start putting nets behind the goals to appease the protect us at all cost sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back