Goddard kicking ball at crowd members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe some of the twits in this thread.
If you want to sit behind the goals on the fence, bloody stay awake! I was sharper than that when I was 8.

hahahahahaha this is the biggest bullshit I've ever read.... if he kicked it along the ground and it got a big bounce and the nose of the footy went into some kids nose and broke it you'd all be going OMGGG THEY PRACTICE THOSE SHOTS EVERY DAY HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Footy Piss Ants

Okay, so the consensus from this thread is that there should be nets behind the goal posts. Let's lobby the AFL on an OH&S basis.

The only question yet to be decided is if the goal umpire stands behind or in front of the net.

I think this is a certainty to happen at some stage as much as we will all hate it. Remember that Adrian Anderson is a lawyer by trade - when he sees things like that he thinks "liability, whats our liability, how can we stop it in future, what if the kids parents sue us for millions". Then there are other lawyers (probably from Slater & Gordon) watching who will see it and think - "I can make money out of this by suing the AFL" - cue him running after the kids parents.

Meanwhile that kid is likely centre stage at school today luvvin the attention...will be telling the story all week. Probably sporting a limp too :thumbsu:

Name me one kid that wouldnt rather cop a knock from an A grader whilst being right in amongst the action than be given one of those stupid trinkits they hand out after the game.

I bet he knows how to spell "sherrin" now

If you dribble it along the ground you run the risk of a funnmy bump or turn and missing the goals.

You kick through the ball, taught that junior level. if you want to sit behind the goals (one of the worst places to sit to see the entire field too) Than you should be able to read the play to see what’s coming your way and protect your kids too.

And please let this story die before they start putting nets behind the goals to appease the protect us at all cost sorts.

Even if he didn't drill it, he could've floated it through. There was no-one in front of him. Float would've been better than drill and there would've been no injury and therefore this wouldn't be a thread.

Okay, so the consensus from this thread is that there should be nets behind the goal posts. Let's lobby the AFL on an OH&S basis.

The only question yet to be decided is if the goal umpire stands behind or in front of the net.
No just putting a cage around the cheersquads should be fine.

Too bad that he hit a kid but the Freo cheersquad were asking for it.

And the people that sit behind the goal do so far a reason.

Shit happens.
That it does, and I'm not calling for action against Goddard, just a bit less lols at the kid, who, like half the 8 yo's at the footy was probably just playing with toys not watching. May be parents fault, etc but bit harsh to laugh at him when he's needed paramedic help.

And even if Goddard meant it (not hitting the kid, but sending a wake up to the Freo cheer squad), which I think he did, so what? The fan interaction is part of the game.

hahahahahaha this is the biggest bullshit I've ever read.... if he kicked it along the ground and it got a big bounce and the nose of the footy went into some kids nose and broke it you'd all be going OMGGG THEY PRACTICE THOSE SHOTS EVERY DAY HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Footy Piss Ants

Again, different scenario. Reason being is that if that'd happened, you'd accept it because he at least tried to avoid injury

You may have points on the other stuff, but laughing (your f'ing ass off no less) at an 8yo getting knocked out isn't real cool.

Nearly 1 million people a week laugh their ass off watching Australia's Funniest Home Video every week. It regularly shows kids getting knocked out. When are you going to write to channel 9 and tell them "It isn't cool". Petition? something?

Think of the Children!

mic

LOL at the Freo supporter up in arms.:rolleyes:
You sit a kid behind the goals and you accept the risks.
Screw this PC+ OHS crazy world.

NON ISSUE FFS!

Meanwhile that kid is likely centre stage at school today luvvin the attention...will be telling the story all week. Probably sporting a limp too :thumbsu:

Name me one kid that wouldnt rather cop a knock from an A grader whilst being right in amongst the action than be given one of those stupid trinkits they hand out after the game.

I bet he knows how to spell "sherrin" now[/quote]

...or nirrehs,its printed on his forhead...

Nearly 1 million people a week laugh their ass off watching Australia's Funniest Home Video every week. It regularly shows kids getting knocked out. When are you going to write to channel 9 and tell them "It isn't cool". Petition? something?

Think of the Children!

mic
I put it to you that noone's laughing except that stupid auto laugh.

Shit show.

You're probably right, but few of those videos would see a kid requiring paramedic attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he hit an 8yo kid in the head and he needed assistance from the St John's people.

Pretty low act IMO, when running into an open goal from 2m out straight in front, just dribble it on the ground or kick it into the top level. No need to kick a line drive into a kid's head.

Shouldn't have any action taken against him but a gentle warning across the competition would suffice.

It probably says more about Goddard than anything.

Kid should've marked it or at least got a fist to it. Poor effort by the kid imho and he should be dropped this week.

Ridiculous issue.

But i'm not surprised, it's a saints v freo game.

Surely stkilda will be fined for not showing a duty of care towards opposition supporters.

Possibly have the 4 points taken off and goddard suspsended for 2 matches.

Holy christ people getting hit in the head by footies has been happening for 120 years. Plugger hit me in the head at morabbin once!!

It has been noted by all and sundry here that you accept the risks when you sit behind the goals.
The parent is obviously a brain dead moron.

Forget about the increased potential to be hit by a ball.....the cheer squad of any team is no place for an 8 year old IMHO.

Ridiculous issue.

But i'm not surprised, it's a saints v freo game.

Surely stkilda will be fined for not showing a duty of care towards opposition supporters.

Possibly have the 4 points taken off and goddard suspsended for 2 matches.

Holy christ people getting hit in the head by footies has been happening for 120 years. Plugger hit me in the head at morabbin once!!
:rolleyes: cool or creepy- i'll leave it upto the 'bay'

Forget about the increased potential to be hit by a ball.....the cheer squad of any team is no place for an 8 year old IMHO.

Exactly.
Remember the infamous Mickey O v WCE cheer squad pick?
In the front line was a kid of similar age and acting like a tool as well as the adults.

Some parents:rolleyes:

ok doing this in point form
  • Dribbling it thru is an unnecessary risk. The shape of the ball leads to unpredictable bounce, especially at speed and if it hits a divet in the grass. If you are going to kick the ball straight thru goals then kick the bluddy thing, you don't do fancy little dribbles or hook across the body or floaty pillow kicks. You make sure you score.
  • At such a close and intense game, you want your players to show fire and guts and to see the adrenelin rushing.
  • It isn't good form to drill it into the cheer squad (but we all love it when the players give it back a little to them, don't we...)
  • Parents need to take responsibility for the safety of their own children...we take our 6 year old to games and our seats are 3 rows back from the ground, so we are always vigilant when the ball is coming our way.
  • Awful to see a kid hurt and worse to see grown adults laughing at that.
  • As a parent, I would be just as concerned about the language and behaviours my child would witness by sitting with a cheer squad.

Does anyone know what quarter this occured in? I've got the game on IQ and would like to form my own opinion rather than rely on opinions and heresay.

Vote against nets at the footy!

It has been noted by all and sundry here that you accept the risks when you sit behind the goals.
The parent is obviously a brain dead moron.

All I'm saying is drilling a ball straight at the cheersquad isn't the best method. Maybe being up in arms is a little too extreme but when I saw it in real time at the game, I wasn't too impressed. I've seen many players have an open goal and

a) dribble the ball into the fence
b) Boot the shit out of the ball into the stands

Goddard's method didn't impress, that's all I'm getting at.

Funny stuff.

Seriously why would Goddard pick out and 8 year old and try and hit him?

He was just kicking a goal. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just nuts.

Freo used to be a soft team. This year they are not, but it looks like some of their fans are soft.

If you don't want to risk being hit by a football. Sit on level 3 etc. It is not rocket science.

:D

Imagine if the umpire pulled him up for "bringing the game into disrepute", disallowed the goal, and gave a free kick to Fremantle?

Would never happen, but I'd be interested to see the result.

Geez I thought the game was incident free, that is just what we expect in a Saints v Dockers clash !!!!. Goal disallowed + 50 metre penalty !!!.

If you sit behind the goals, it is an occupational hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back