Goddard kicking ball at crowd members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't go to the footy mate...you might get hit by a football.

PS. how do they know it's uncalled for? Did BJ tell them he did it on purpose?
I went to three games of AFL on the weekend actually, as well as two games of Juniors. I wasn't hit by a single footy, but thaks for your concern.

As to your P.S. - I guess they watched the replay. Sort of in the same way that lots of other posters did, and came to the same conclusion.

Can this issue just be let go. There are some that think he was aiming at cheersquad, and others that think he was just kicking a goal.
The facts are;
1. BJ kicked a goal
2. The ball hit a young child in the chest unfortunately
3. BJ apologised to family & it was stated that the family don't think it was intentional

This thread is nothing but pages of speculation (sometimes stated as fact) & stupidity (those who keep saying the kid should have marked it and crap like that)

What sanctions did I call for?

If you think Goddard slamming the ball into the crowd is appropriate then good for you. I don't. I don't glass blokes at the pub or carry a knife around in case someone needs stabbing either, but I guess that's just me.
Sorry, explain the simile to me..
Youre likening Goddard's kick to carrying a knife for precautionary purposes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard was very lucky he didn't kill that infant because he would now be carrying around a ball and chain during his 15 years to life sentence.

Seriously, he kicked through the ball cleanly. He aimed at the cheersquad, he hit a young lad, who I'm sure he wouldn't have aimed for if he knew thats who he was going to hit. Lets all think about how serious this incident actually is. It isn't worth having a thread for this.

Seriously, he kicked through the ball cleanly. He aimed at the cheersquad, he hit a young lad, who I'm sure he wouldn't have aimed for if he knew thats who he was going to hit. Lets all think about how serious this incident actually is. It isn't worth having a thread for this.

Well there's been a few replies, seems to be worthy imo. And what about if that was your son?

Yeah, I honestly don't see how you can put it on Goddard as his fault for hitting a kid. It was unlucky, but worse stuff has happened. He's not that pin-point of a kick. He didn't go out there to concuss a kid, and I can garuntee you the Freo cheersquad were being dropkicks anyway.

If a player elects to kick the ball flat instead of lobbing it over the goal line, and injures someone in doing so, the incident will be reviewed by the MRP and the player will fined/suspended if found guilty.

Is that really what anyone wants?

Yeah, I honestly don't see how you can put it on Goddard as his fault for hitting a kid. It was unlucky, but worse stuff has happened. He's not that pin-point of a kick. He didn't go out there to concuss a kid, and I can garuntee you the Freo cheersquad were being dropkicks anyway.
What was his intent in kicking it low and hard at the crowd then?

All cheersquads are dropkicks, its the assembly point for morons. Are you suggesting all morons be attacked?

All this shows up is that st Kilda players have thin skins, they cant handle being verballed and have to act out some form of revenge. Milne one week, Doggard the next.

And coming from a Collingwood player whos coach can't even take a few words from even the yabbiest of players?
Goddard is not an idiot, he is a smart footballer. And if his intent was to ping it at the cheersquad, which it might have been. Why is it such a crime to give a bit back, seriously. harden up plzz.

You would have to be naive to think he did not do it delibrately:rolleyes:

Not sure if sanctions are required though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back