Goddard kicking ball at crowd members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So players now have a duty of care where the ball lands when it crosses the fence?

Good Lord. :rolleyes:

If they deliberately aim at a group, when they have many other options, yes.

Yes but there is a voluntary assumption of risk when you choose to sit in an area where balls will be kicked to. Your own fault.

That is accepted that balls will be flying randomly, and you could be hit.

I'm not so sure about the Goddard one, but I remember the Plugger one from years ago, and if that had hit some oldie in the face, there could be serious trouble.

No-one will complain about one that is shot through under pressure and hits someone, but when a player takes time, runs in as close as possible, under no pressure,and hits it low with maximum power, it means they are trying to hurt someone.

So the motive is important.

No, we can't be sure that Goddard meant it (unlike the Plugger one), but if his motivation was to hit people, you can't have it happen.

BJ was a good kid, don't know what happened for him to become such a knob. Perhaps he's fallen under the influence of some shit people.

I was shocked and dismayed by this footage.

If anyone else as part of their regular jobs kicked a footy hard over a fence into a group of Freo supporters and smashed a kid in the face they'd be fired instantly, possibly even arrested for assault.

The game is well and truly in disrepute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What 2 posts from Collingwood supporters out of 20 to much for ya?

The first was pointing out his name was "John Barnes" and the second was a light hearted crack... about the nice scale!

And you carry on like a 6 year old girl who can't have a pony over it being a Collingwood issue - WTF?

You're obcessed buddy... keep your posts on the topic of Goddard thankyou - there's plenty more threads about Collingwood that has become infested with paranoid Collingwood trolls that post like your last.

Yeah fair enough, I guess I am taking too personally. Its not just Collingwood supporters, however it is remarkable to see every anti_st Kilda thread started at the moment is flocked by Collingwood supporters, HOWEVER yes, I accep the opposite is also true and Sainters are flocking to stick the boot in to anti-Collingwood threads too.

Anyway, whatever. I'm not syaing anymore about it, my thoughts on the topic have been said and that's it.

BTW, no I'm not gunna blame Port supporters for it now either. I'm off my high horse, back on the ground and done with this topic.

just to try and stick the boot in to the saints every moron here is willing to give up our great game to political correctness.... geez we must be good and threatning to everyone :D ... good thing goddard dont give a shit about all this. keep trying you dicks FFS do you really want to make a fuss so much so that the AFL then changes how players are allowed to kick their goals??? Are you serious?? very VERY petty.:thumbsdown:

Nah, goddard is a dog who aimed to hit someone, and he hurt an 8yo.

Filthy act, from a filthy club.

Lowest of the low to hurt kids.
NO! really? well dont I feel like a dick who missed something obvious, guess I will wander off never to return after being made to look like a turnip...

If a kick like that were deliberate, it would make it the act of a coward committing an assault under the protection of the AFL system. Supporting any act like that on here (especially if deliberate) makes you worse than the offender, because you know retrospectively that this kick cleaned up a child.

I wouldn't even be entering the argument on here but for all the barbarians that think this is either funny or ok. I don't blame the Saints fans for getting on here defending their man, I would do the same in their shoes. But there are a lot of people showing some pretty poor judgement in supporting an AFL players privilige in using the footy to commit an intentional assault on any member of the crowd.

I'm prepared to give BJ the benefit of the doubt, he's a great player, took the game on and got the saints over the line. He appologised (regardless of whether he needed to or not) which puts him a class above a lot in here.

Irrespective of what comes out of this, I think there could be a good outcome. Players may be more cautious in the future in these situations. I would imagine Brendon would and will continue to feel far worse about hitting a kid than any other consequences he could have faced, and spectators will for a while be a little more watchful.

What this thread is really about is FEAR.

Goddard has now stepped up to be the truly elite player that many knew he would become.

He is gong to have a truly awesome year, and in doing so maybe even provide that extra X-factor that the Saints need to get them across the line that one day in September.

Those that can sense it and don't like the Saints are just looking to try and hang-him.

Won't do them any good though. He will rip many games apart this year.

"Hate" is often a sign that player is feared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back