Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

I still rate Goddard. Problem is Ross Lyon throws him around like its under tens.

Pick a spot and let him play there. He can't be Mr Fix It.

For mine he should be a pure half back flanker or a pure midfielder (needs to work on his engine for this)

Should apologise to his supporters after today. Fast becoming one of the low-lifes of the competition with the dog acts off the ball.

When he starts kneeing and kicking like the dog Fletcher please comment. Im sure if anything was worth him being penalised for the umpires would have pinned him him. They were on a love mission today the umps and the love was for Essendon. Gifted free after free in the middle and the one before the bounce set the tone.

When he starts kneeing and kicking like the dog Fletcher please comment. Im sure if anything was worth him being penalised for the umpires would have pinned him him. They were on a love mission today the umps and the love was for Essendon. Gifted free after free in the middle and the one before the bounce set the tone.
Post of the year!

Putting 2nd year players flat on their back 30m off the ball is pathetic. Bloke drops his knees into players every week, you should watch closer. BTW free kick count was 19 all. :rolleyes:

I know I will get shot down but maybe Goddard needs to take a few chill pills in the VFL. It worked for Milney and Dal Santo.

He may sook it up like Ball did & want to leave the club if he were dropped, however unlikely it is that he would be dropped. If it were to happen i'm sure he'd take it like a man & accept the coaches call as Dal Santo & Milne did, although Ball was above that wasn't he?

came into the season in the top 3 i reckon.
Has just lost his head. No idea whats happened
probably pissed at the pre-season his team-mates have put him through.

This is the example of how he is over-rated.

On what basis was he top 3 players in the league??

Output?? No
Importance?? No
Potential?? Arguable, but could mount a case for anybody.

The bloke is an AA quality player, ie top 20-30 in the league.

Nothing more.

I dont think he is a top 5 player and the calls that he is over-rated are fair. However if he wants to start earning his money he should stay in the midfield and cover the hole that Hayes has left and become a premier midfielder. I think Goddards form is now more important to the saints than ever and the pressure will continue to grow with each poor game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely reasonable to write a bloke off after a few average games.

I love Big Footy.

How many of you here have played in, and dominated an AFL Grand Final, after dominating a whole season.

He is a firey bloke, and his problem as a rookie was that, and he needs to get his head straight. He is damn competitive, and loses his cool when he isn't winning. It's called competitiveness.

Anyways, not 1 opposition coach would say no to hm being in their team

I think his output overall has been outstanding, if at times uneven. Breathless was great, and Alphaville was ahead of its time, but then films like Hail Mary and Weekend were just plain strange at times. Still one of the top 3 living filmmakers of his- oh, I thought you meant...

Definitely reasonable to write a bloke off after a few average games.

I love Big Footy.

How many of you here have played in, and dominated an AFL Grand Final, after dominating a whole season.

He is a firey bloke, and his problem as a rookie was that, and he needs to get his head straight. He is damn competitive, and loses his cool when he isn't winning. It's called competitiveness.

Anyways, not 1 opposition coach would say no to hm being in their team

Well he was elevated to the best player in the comp after a few good games, only fair the same rule applys.

Well he was elevated to the best player in the comp after a few good games, only fair the same rule applys.

Blatant lies. Was touted as the best player in the comp after being outsatanding for few seasons followed up by a fantastic finals series. Also the fact he has the skillset to play multiple positions and win a game off his own boot.

Well, I think that the general perception is the best players are the best players on the best teams. Best players of '10 (for mine) included Swan, Goddard, Pendles, Boyd, Hayes, Ablett (among others), with the vast majority coming from top 4 teams.

Saints have earned 2 points out of a possible 12, they're a bottom team (at the moment), so therefore they don't have great players (at the moment), and therefore Goddard's sucking. They start winning, Saints supporters will bring this thread back and prove how awesome he is; and they'll be right.

He's played more than a few good games. He's been a great player for a number of seasons. You don't make All Australian after just a few good games, unless your name is Harry O'Brien.

He is having a bit of a form slump like the rest of our team but will bounce back like all quality players do.

I'd suggest he's getting tagged more this season, maybe isn't as match fit as other players due to the later start for the season and teams are making more effort to unsettle him with pushy pushy crap and sledging.

Saying that he needs to get a bit smarter with where he expends his energy. Less mouthing off and reacting to sledging and less push and shove.

I must admit I will be using one of those extra trades in DT this week to swap Goddard because of the bye and also because I think its going to take him a few more games to get back to his best. If the Saints keep playing like they are I can see him in front of the tribunal after doing something silly.

And if the Saints do crash just watch this space as all the Carlton posters start talking trades.;)

he's getting tagged more this season,

Yes, this is it.

He doesn't have the mental capacity/strength/resolve to handle a tag. The lad loses the plot after a tiny bit of attention. Just looks so angry at life. I would suggest all teams will exploit this.

Yes, this is it.

He doesn't have the mental capacity/strength/resolve to handle a tag. The lad loses the plot after a tiny bit of attention. Just looks so angry at life. I would suggest all teams will exploit this.

So he's like Hodge then.

If you watch him in the last 10 mins of GF2, you will see him throw a lot of backhanders and snide little punches before descending into inconsolable crying after the siren. A petulant sook.

[youtube]V-VrVafly-s[/youtube]
Classy effort when you're 10+ goals down in a prelim... Shit bloke.

Also, drilling the ball at the Freo cheer squad from the goalsquare at Etihad last year was a low act.

So he's like Hodge then.

No Hodge played ALL of last year in the middle and was tagged almost every game. He was the second best player behind Swn in the players MVP & most media awards last year, AA captain etc etc as a mid. Hodge is fine in the middle as last year proved. Goddard however, can't spend a whole season in the guts, as he has proven in the first few games this year.

He just can't handle a tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back