Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't be phased in the slightest if he leaves as he doesn't work hard enough and rarely has. I'll take a no name with average skills who busts his gut any day thanks.

Why are you upset?

Is it because Goddard wiped his arse with the offer made to him by the Cats?

You realize your club were chasing him right?

Havent seen where it said we were chasing him as hard as your mob were, and im guessing we offered him less than your lot. But then i guess we could offer him a chance at a flag and you guys cant. Shows he is after the cash rather than success :thumbsu::thumbsu:

good luckto him but Im not interested in paying 700k over 4 for Goddard.

I wont boo him - all reports are he wanted to stay...but saints wanted him to stay less.....think its a win win - he gets his cash and we hopefully we get a first rounder in a strong draft. We are years away from our next tilt...Goddard will be playing his last games by the time we challenge again.

Glad saints stuck firm....and we'll be cashed up next year for a FA of our own...:cool:.....after we've started developing our 2 first round picks..

Just want to say that I feel for Saints supporters if this is a given to occur. Have always loved Goddard, his passion to the Saints cause, his great skills and big game performances. Have always said I'd love him in my team. It would be only fair that he see out his career with the team he has bled for. Supporters ride the bumps and stay the journey of every minute these passionate players give to their team.

I'm thrilled that he could be coming to Bomberland. I hope he can have at least a portion of that passion for the red and black. His past two years seem to have shown a dousing of the flame that he had early in his career and maybe the change and challenge is what he needs. And hopefully the Saints pick up some guns in compensation. It's not all bad Sainters, just look at your era post-Lockett when you came close to a flag... :)

You've already got plenty of them.

Yeah and it's probably the reason we smashed Essendon by 12 goals this year. Essendon hardly has any players, if any who will go the extra yard for four quarters and Goddard isn't going to help things. If your team had any smarts you would chase a LRT type of any build, size as that's the sort of player who will take you deep into September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard is a front running cry baby. Kudos for being the ones who prop up his retirement fund while he puts in barely sub-par performances like he has for the last 2 years.

We won a flag after we lost the best player in the comp... You'll still be no where near it even with this sooky flog in your side. Pretenders.

dafaq?:confused:

Welcome to free agency.

This will be the norm.

The days of a 'one club player' will slowly fade.

Why are you upset?

Is it because Goddard wiped his arse with the offer made to him by the Cats?

You realize your club were chasing him right?

As I said, if your club is willing to pay more than the rest... fine. He's simply not that great. Any player asking for the $$ he was who isn't either a key position player or genuine midfielder is kidding themselves. Or so I thought until the Bombers gave him 4 years at god knows how much.

Do you know that he denied Geelong? As a free agent it's pretty obvious he's selling himself to the highest bidder... unless of course you have some proof of your claim above?? No, thought not.

I hope not.

It's an unfortunate situation where what BJ wants, and what the club wants are mutually exclusive.

There is no way we can offer him what he wants, nor even close to it. And to be honest it would be stupid of him to take anything less than what Essendon are offering. From what I've heard he was getting way unders in 2009-10 and has been getting probably less than what he's deserved since then. But at the moment we're in no position to pay 700k for the next 4 years to the bloke.

I hate it, because Goddard was undoubtedly the best player across all 3 GF's we played in, and that one moment where he took that mark and put us in front in 2010 is the closest most St Kilda fans have ever been to a premiership.

I will hate seeing BJ in any other colours, but I've come to accept it and can certainly understand it.

Some good comments here.

Yeah and it's probably the reason we smashed Essendon by 12 goals this year. Essendon hardly has any players, if any who will go the extra yard for four quarters and Goddard isn't going to help things. If your team had any smarts you would chase a LRT type of any build, size as that's the sort of player who will take you deep into September.

You finally beat us after how many years?

Your bitterness serves as proof that Essendon have made a good signing.

4 years is far too long a commitment in essendons behalf, stk might come out on top in the long run, depending in the compensation they will get for him.. Has been far from
His best over the past 2 years

As I said, if your club is willing to pay more than the rest... fine. He's simply not that great. Any player asking for the $$ he was who isn't either a key position player or genuine midfielder is kidding themselves. Or so I thought until the Bombers gave him 4 years at god knows how much.

Do you know that he denied Geelong? As a free agent it's pretty obvious he's selling himself to the highest bidder... unless of course you have some proof of your claim above?? No, thought not.
Enjoy paying 600k for Chapman to do sfa next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goddard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back