Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno why not, aren't the Sun's aligned with them off field?
Yeah you can get memberships as a package for both, to be honest the sharks have the better branding, i've never understood why they didn't just elevate them into the AFL and add a bit of their gold to the black V

Dunno why not, aren't the Sun's aligned with them off field?
they're a sponsor of sorts, yes. if you're a suns member you can sign up to be a member at the Sharks for free, can't remember if there's other perks.

i understand the AFL went with a stand alone team not based on an existing club to try and gain a wider range of support. there are local footy fans on the gc who don't like the Sharks, so one would imagine they might not be too pleased to see a new team given a leg up into the AFL besides their team. that's one of the reasons I was told anyway.

I like their branding too though. although wasn't their recent refresh based on someone's mockup here or on twitter? and an identifier of the designer still showed on the official mockup they released? haha

they're a sponsor of sorts, yes. if you're a suns member you can sign up to be a member at the Sharks for free, can't remember if there's other perks.

i understand the AFL went with a stand alone team not based on an existing club to try and gain a wider range of support. there are local footy fans on the gc who don't like the Sharks, so one would imagine they might not be too pleased to see a new team given a leg up into the AFL besides their team. that's one of the reasons I was told anyway.

I like their branding too though. although wasn't their recent refresh based on someone's mockup here or on twitter? and an identifier of the designer still showed on the official mockup they released? haha
If i recall the designer used one of our kit templates, but not actually one of our designs or something, here was the kit at the time, the whole brand redo was really cool actually https://www.verg.com.au/portfolio/southport-sharks-rebrand/

1621773769981.png
My only big critique with them is that i would have integrated the V device from their logo into the kit itself in place of the straight V, it reminds me of a sharks head and would be pretty iconic

1621773997893.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense, North Ballarat being elevated to the VFL is ultimately what killed them, Ballarat based footy fans weren't too keen to support a club they always hated and it was no skin off their teeth when the club folded.

They haven’t folded? Plays in the Ballarat League?
That’s North Ballarat City who as far as I can tell was a whole new club brought into the Ballarat League to fill the whole left by North Ballarat moving to the VFL, kind of like how the SANFL put a new Port Magpies team in once we joined the AFL.

That’s North Ballarat City who as far as I can tell was a whole new club brought into the Ballarat League to fill the whole left by North Ballarat moving to the VFL, kind of like how the SANFL put a new Port Magpies team in once we joined the AFL.

Founded 1882. Doesn’t sound like a new club. Maybe it was the new club that folded or was taken over by the Roosters?

North Ballarat City was established by North Ballarat, so it seems:

(From the same Wiki you posted)

"At the end of the 2017 season, AFL Victoria revoked North Ballarat's VFL licence due to difficulties in the club's governance and on-field performance, citing difficulties at board level and the club's divided attention between its VFL team and its North Ballarat City BFL team, ending the club's stint in the VFL after 22 seasons."

Then further down:

"A consequence of having joined the VFL was that the club's juniors no longer had a local-level senior representative team in the BFL; this forced junior players to move to other senior BFL clubs (once they were of mature age) and impacted the North Ballarat Club with players losing long built connections with the club. To overcome this, the club established a new local BFL senior representative team under the club's original name "North Ballarat City" in 2006. The club initially applied to enter the new team into the Ballarat Football League, however the remaining BFL clubs vetoed the proposal forcing North Ballarat City to initially join the Bendigo Football League. In their first year in the Bendigo competition they were winless but improved to win five games in 2007.

In 2008, the BFL admitted North Ballarat City to its senior competition. Between 2008-2010 the team won four games each season but improved significantly in 2011 advancing through to the Preliminary Final before being knocked out. North Ballarat City won their first BFL premiership in 2013, defeating Sunbury. The North Ballarat City Under 18.5 team also won a premiership in 2013, defeating Melton South. The following year the senior team won the 2014 BFL Grand Final defeating Ballarat Football Club at Ballarat's Eastern Oval.

In 2019 North Ballarat City has been rebranded to the North Ballarat Football Netball Club and readopted the original Rooster logo."

"At the end of the 2017 season, AFL Victoria revoked North Ballarat's VFL licence due to difficulties in the club's governance and on-field performance, citing difficulties at board level and the club's divided attention between its VFL team and its North Ballarat City BFL team, ending the club's stint in the VFL after 22 seasons."

Then further down:

"A consequence of having joined the VFL was that the club's juniors no longer had a local-level senior representative team in the BFL; this forced junior players to move to other senior BFL clubs (once they were of mature age) and impacted the North Ballarat Club with players losing long built connections with the club. To overcome this, the club established a new local BFL senior representative team under the club's original name "North Ballarat City" in 2006. The club initially applied to enter the new team into the Ballarat Football League, however the remaining BFL clubs vetoed the proposal forcing North Ballarat City to initially join the Bendigo Football League. In their first year in the Bendigo competition they were winless but improved to win five games in 2007.

In 2008, the BFL admitted North Ballarat City to its senior competition. Between 2008-2010 the team won four games each season but improved significantly in 2011 advancing through to the Preliminary Final before being knocked out. North Ballarat City won their first BFL premiership in 2013, defeating Sunbury. The North Ballarat City Under 18.5 team also won a premiership in 2013, defeating Melton South. The following year the senior team won the 2014 BFL Grand Final defeating Ballarat Football Club at Ballarat's Eastern Oval.

In 2019 North Ballarat City has been rebranded to the North Ballarat Football Netball Club and readopted the original Rooster logo."

1996 North Ballarat joined VFL

2006 - 2007 North Ballarat City or North City played in Bendigo as the Ballarat FL didn't want them dropping VFL players back into the local comp and still prissy about them heading to the VFL

2008 North City joined BFL

2017 North Ballarat ceases in the VFL

Roogal can you add anymore info about what the club did to become one entity?

Then further down:

What a mess

1996 North Ballarat joined VFL

2006 - 2007 North Ballarat City or North City played in Bendigo as the Ballarat FL didn't want them dropping VFL players back into the local comp and still prissy about them heading to the VFL

2008 North City joined BFL

2017 North Ballarat ceases in the VFL

Roogal can you add anymore info about what the club did to become one entity?

From the looks of things, North Ballarat ceased to exist and the "New Club" rebranded itself as the "Old Club" and took on the history and heritage 🤷‍♂️

My interpretation...

From the looks of things, North Ballarat ceased to exist and the "New Club" rebranded itself as the "Old Club" and took on the history and heritage 🤷‍♂️

My interpretation...

A bit like North Melbourne

Founded 1869
Folded 1908 after merger with West Melbourne and failed VFL entry.

New club started with same name and just took over the old clubs history.

If i recall the designer used one of our kit templates, but not actually one of our designs or something, here was the kit at the time, the whole brand redo was really cool actually https://www.verg.com.au/portfolio/southport-sharks-rebrand/

View attachment 1135686
My only big critique with them is that i would have integrated the V device from their logo into the kit itself in place of the straight V, it reminds me of a sharks head and would be pretty iconic

View attachment 1135688
Forgot to take the ''Designed by Cody_'' off

Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Back