Resource Gold Coast Suns Rebrand

Best rebrand option

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have just sent Southport into The AFL instead of Gold Coast.
I think the problem with that was not everyone in the Gold Coast are Southport fans so they wouldn't support them in the afl

I think the problem with that was not everyone in the Gold Coast are Southport fans so they wouldn't support them in the afl
Back then it was a fair call. Now, Southport haven't played in the same league as any other Gold Coast club (bar the Suns) for over a decade. I'm sure the rivalries have abated at least somewhat.

Back then it was a fair call. Now, Southport haven't played in the same league as any other Gold Coast club (bar the Suns) for over a decade. I'm sure the rivalries have abated at least somewhat.
They've still played in the QAFL? Broadbeach, Palm Beach Currumbin, Labrador, Surfers

I still think there needs to be some representation of the GC in there some where with a GC - that is who we are representing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the GC I think is pretty good for representing the local area, it's just the current logo slapped on that plain red background looks really poor. I still like the alternate GC letter designs we've seen on here in the past. A good job putting that together by Freo 16 though and still better than the current jumper.

Was it anything similar to this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 1.25.39 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 1.25.39 pm.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 26
My 2cents. Stick with all red, but make it a slightly deeper/darker red. Whole kit solid red.
Then a simple monogram in gold, not yellow. because they should obviously be using gold. obviously

nothing revolutionary, but its a clean, classic look.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what type of gradient they come up with :)

My 2cents. Stick with all red, but make it a slightly deeper/darker red. Whole kit solid red.
Then a simple monogram in gold, not yellow. because they should obviously be using gold. obviously

This would actually look good with just replacing the current logo with that and retaining the side panels. I also like the cherry red colour the most it pops.

Funnily enough I actually thought the gc jumper looked much better last night with some patterning under the logo.

Such a clever monogram.

Everything you touch turns to... gold, Mowse.

Would like to know if my opinion is shared by others, but does anyone else feel like it would be a little bit of a misstep to put the focus on the letter S rather than GC? Sure, the S is easier to work with design-wise, but I feel like it’s a lot easier to resonate with local fans by showing that you represent the area rather than just asking them to get behind a nickname.

Would like to know if my opinion is shared by others, but does anyone else feel like it would be a little bit of a misstep to put the focus on the letter S rather than GC? Sure, the S is easier to work with design-wise, but I feel like it’s a lot easier to resonate with local fans by showing that you represent the area rather than just asking them to get behind a nickname.
Yeah also I’m sure they don’t want it looking too much like this
IMG_2630.jpeg

I agree

Had a crack at designing one of the supposed logo options and a few guernseys based on that.
I've gone from loving these designs to not liking them all that much and now I have no idea how I feel about them :laughing:

View attachment 1989973
View attachment 1989974

Wow pretty close on the logo.

But the “S” is fatter and it’s not in an oval, it’s the shape of the oval.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I strongly agree with the red base uniform, no gold sides, but the gold monogram should be a traditional lettering one similar to Calrton's or even Fitzroy's. Would look so premium and would be one of the best looking guernseys.

Maybe something like these, but with red collars, red cuffs and the gold monogram.
241513316_4410643175692798_1195058049816563371_n.jpg 277730289_929345091080152_1323865111205391602_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back