Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ya talkin about one of the Deamaria boys?? Which one Tom Jones look-a-like or the ex-coach bloke?? Good 2 hear of a bitta biff behind the scenes!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

ha ha ha that is a classic he does look a bit like him doesnt he, yeah it was him daniel i think his name is.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Heres a starting point Gastev. Pick away boys.

b. P Meehan J Rooney M Jackman
hb. B McIntyre J Doyle L Maher
c. J Laursen J Logan M Bott
hf. B Hein B Caldwell A Hewitt
f. S Harvey N Henry K Atkin
fol. Insert ruckman G Smith S Morton
int. M O'neill, A *****, M Felise

From the tiges I would say Stephen Pearce and Michael Walker would be the 2 that would sneak into this team. Pearce for sure still one of the top quality players running around in our comp. ***** has been a bit quiet this year, maybe Paul Taylor in the ruck he still gets his hands on it most weeks. But your right there is no real dominant ruckman in the league this year.

From the tiges I would say Stephen Pearce and Michael Walker would be the 2 that would sneak into this team. Pearce for sure still one of the top quality players running around in our comp. ***** has been a bit quiet this year, maybe Paul Taylor in the ruck he still gets his hands on it most weeks. But your right there is no real dominant ruckman in the league this year.

maybe a little bias but i know cam coulter was a gun last year and was highly regarded around murrabit! his good in the ruck and gets around the ground as good as any player...be it ruck man or rover! his very under rated player and i believe he would give good value in the ruck!

Heres a starting point Gastev. Pick away boys.

b. P Meehan J Rooney M Jackman
hb. B McIntyre J Doyle L Maher
c. J Laursen J Logan M Bott
hf. B Hein B Caldwell A Hewitt
f. S Harvey N Henry K Atkin
fol. Insert ruckman G Smith S Morton
int. M O'neill, A *****, M Felise
The answer to your ruck problem is sitting on a half back flank!

Few doubts had with the following people in positions in bold
Wheres the most dangerous forward in the league??? big EVANS!
Who is M O'Neill??
Surely there has to be a better full back than Justin Rooney in the league
Logan good, but not centre good, maybe bench
***** has had one good game, cant go rating him that highly
Brenton Caldwell not centre half forward, maybe hewitt?

Unlucky people not to get a mention in this team: Jason Moloney (Nully) Simon Ettershank (Murrabit) Free Brothers (Quamby) Tim Robinson, Chum Chamberlain (Wandella)

I tried to pick the side on current form, and ruled out those who have had injuries. Haven't seen a lot of some clubs so it is a difficult exercise: to answer some queries:

# Other suitable full backs would be humphries or ettershank. Ettershank had a slow start due to injury and therefore went for his teammate who has been in good touch. Humphries is a good stopper, but doesn't seem to provide much rebound.

# O'neill is the long curly blonde haired midfeilder from Moula. Not sold on him, but moula has been going well, and he is always in the best, and i thought they deserved some representation.

# Not fussed if Logan played else where, but deserves to be in. Bott, Hein, Laursen could start in.

# Quite happy to leave ***** and Meehan out.

# Haven't seen a lot of Caldwell, but seems to go well, and i wanted a bigger body at CHF (ie: not hewitt or atkin, both 5'11)

# Haven't ever seen Maloney do much, Mark Free could start on bench, Chum's been injured, and i wouldn't think that robinson is in the mix yet.

# Messenger, Pearse has been injured also, Walker looked average, and Taylor is probably past his use by date (as far as interleague goes).

Few doubts had with the following people in positions in bold
Wheres the most dangerous forward in the league??? big EVANS!
Who is M O'Neill??
Surely there has to be a better full back than Justin Rooney in the league
Logan good, but not centre good, maybe bench
***** has had one good game, cant go rating him that highly
Brenton Caldwell not centre half forward, maybe hewitt?

Unlucky people not to get a mention in this team: Jason Moloney (Nully) Simon Ettershank (Murrabit) Free Brothers (Quamby) Tim Robinson, Chum Chamberlain (Wandella)

Well make your own team C O C K S U C K E R!

I tried to pick the side on current form, and ruled out those who have had injuries. Haven't seen a lot of some clubs so it is a difficult exercise: to answer some queries:

# Other suitable full backs would be humphries or ettershank. Ettershank had a slow start due to injury and therefore went for his teammate who has been in good touch. Humphries is a good stopper, but doesn't seem to provide much rebound.

# O'neill is the long curly blonde haired midfeilder from Moula. Not sold on him, but moula has been going well, and he is always in the best, and i thought they deserved some representation.

# Not fussed if Logan played else where, but deserves to be in. Bott, Hein, Laursen could start in.

# Quite happy to leave ***** and Meehan out.

# Haven't seen a lot of Caldwell, but seems to go well, and i wanted a bigger body at CHF (ie: not hewitt or atkin, both 5'11)

# Haven't ever seen Maloney do much, Mark Free could start on bench, Chum's been injured, and i wouldn't think that robinson is in the mix yet.

# Messenger, Pearse has been injured also, Walker looked average, and Taylor is probably past his use by date (as far as interleague goes).

Jason Maloney form Nully would be in the starting 18. One of our most consistant and skillful players. Walk up start I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Rooney been playing FB for Murrabit? Would have thought he'd play in the ruck? Can someone name Murrabit's spine?

FF - Henry
CHF -
C -
CHB -
FB -

??

Who would GRFL play in an Interleague fixture anyway??
Loddon Valley FL or Maryborough-Castlemaine FL. I'm sure GRFL would go all right against these 2 leagues.

A few years ago the GRFL played round robin (?) interleague with Kyabram and District, Central Goulburn and Picola and District Leagues.

The CGFL has since folded and most of its clubs have moveed to either the PDFL or the KDFL.

Would be an interesting contest but I suspect that both of these leagues would give the GRFL a touch up! ;) :rolleyes:

hey messenger, no good on the w/e... i hear the thirds kids were needed and played pretty good... need some big percentage this week mate good luck to the boys....talk soon...from the bali internet cafe!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back