Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh, yeah. Press very ordinary. The northern times is a disgraceful publication in general. Very unprofessional, riddled with mistakes, bland and boring layouts, very little content, generally what you would expect from school newsletter, but with more mistakes (sorry, no offence to the fine people who produce school newsletters). And the golden rivers coverage is contsintant with this. Only have one writer (Ben Carter), who can only witness one game, and therefore cannot accurately report on the other three. Ben, bless his heart, knows very little about the game and would be better suited to writing romance novels. And the photos???? how about taking a shot of someone carrying the ball, or taking a mark, or kicking the ball, rather than an indiscrimate pack of players. I realise that the GRFL is not a major league, but the fact is, more followers of the GRFL buy the Northern Times than followers of the CMFL.

As for radio coverage, equally as bad. Keith den houting does the round up with the other turkey, and do very well to talk for 15 minutes without giving any insight into the actuall football. We do learn who the umpires will be, and what social functions are on though. I realize they probably cant find anyone else, but keith is not the man for the job (either is daryl billing).

So in short: media coverage of the GRFL is s h i t. :thumbsdown:

Yeah well thats summed it up pretty well. very unprofessional.

Absolute rubbish, although these clubs are struggling, they are very proud of being in the CMFL. If anything Lalbert may talk of a merge with Boga or Swan Hill in the future.[/quote:thumbsu: ]GRIPPO what is going on:thumbsu:
Not much mate, just organising the little fulla for school 2morrow, thought i'd have a can and jump on to see what all the news was. What is all the goss? see you boy's went well :cool: who were your better players

Yeh they do have 5 out and lost another 2 senior players on wkend i have been told and 2 seconds players with collerbones not good on the injury front for the boys down there but still murrabit were the better side in the 1's anyway but not the 2's

13 unavailable for Nully (1s and 2s) on the day. Seniors, Unavailable J.Barbetti (CHB), R.Poyner, (CHF), C.Fawcett (C), B.Crabbe (BP). Wes Lynas who was playing CHB got K.O'd in the 2nd 1/4, Danny Crabbe forgot to tell the coach he was carrying a crook back into the game, got one bump and it was over 5 mins into the game, and Nully left with one on the bench, and he'd played a full game of 2's. That coupled with Murrabit being better on the day!

13 unavailable for Nully (1s and 2s) on the day. Seniors, Unavailable J.Barbetti (CHB), R.Poyner, (CHF), C.Fawcett (C), B.Crabbe (BP). Wes Lynas who was playing CHB got K.O'd in the 2nd 1/4, Danny Crabbe forgot to tell the coach he was carrying a crook back into the game, got one bump and it was over 5 mins into the game, and Nully left with one on the bench, and he'd played a full game of 2's. That coupled with Murrabit being better on the day!

Hmmmm....

ohh, yeah. Press very ordinary. The northern times is a disgraceful publication in general. Very unprofessional, riddled with mistakes, bland and boring layouts, very little content, generally what you would expect from a school newsletter, but with more mistakes (sorry, no offence to the fine people who produce school newsletters). And the golden rivers coverage is contsintant with this. Only have one writer (Ben Carter), who can only witness one game, and therefore cannot accurately report on the other three. Ben, bless his heart, knows very little about the game and would be better suited to writing romance novels. And the photos???? how about taking a shot of someone carrying the ball, or taking a mark, or kicking the ball, rather than an indiscrimate pack of players. I realise that the GRFL is not a major league, but the fact is, more followers of the GRFL buy the Northern Times than followers of the CMFL.

As for radio coverage, equally as bad. Keith den houting does the round up with the other turkey, and do very well to talk for 15 minutes without giving any insight into the actuall football. We do learn who the umpires will be, and what social functions are on though. I realize they probably cant find anyone else, but keith is not the man for the job (either is daryl billing).

So in short: media coverage of the GRFL is s h i t. :thumbsdown:

Bernad you seem to have a lot to write on here why don't you fill in sometime on Sunday and write a match report of your own to have printed in The Northern Times and still hide behind your non de plume. Or maybe still ring Keith and offer your services to to the radio to see if you can improve the standard, the offer has been there all year to to the radio, maybe you will just contine to write shit on here without backing up your statements!

Bernad you seem to have a lot to write on here why don't you fill in sometime on Sunday and write a match report of your own to have printed in The Northern Times and still hide behind your non de plume. Or maybe still ring Keith and offer your services to to the radio to see if you can improve the standard, the offer has been there all year to to the radio, maybe you will just contine to write shit on here without backing up your statements!

Its funny how GRFL supproters often have to log on to this site to get stories adn accurate reports about games. Maybe Ben can ask some of us to help out:D Gastav and Benard could be the next Mike and Bruce:D

I caught the scores today and it seems that all the moula boys may be getting ahead of themselves. Just scraping over the line against a team that is seriously struggling, surly they couldnt be a force in your league.
it is right that we didn't play our best footy and had a few out on satdy but still got the points... give some credit we deserve to be in the 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fella, do you disagree that the media coverage is poor? The question was asked and i answered it honestly.

The Northern Times is a bussiness that employs full time journalists. If i was one of those employees, i would sit down on sunday, and most other days and write match reports and various articles. What other bussiness get away with being so unprofessional? I will say it again, the northern times is a disgraceful publication.

As for the radio, they may have trouble filling the role, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a poor coverage.

Im sorry if i offended you, but i am not going to say the coverage of the GRFL is good when it is sub standard.

Big fella, do you disagree that the media coverage is poor? The question was asked and i answered it honestly.

The Northern Times is a bussiness that employs full time journalists. If i was one of those employees, i would sit down on sunday, and most other days and write match reports and various articles. What other bussiness get away with being so unprofessional? I will say it again, the northern times is a disgraceful publication.

As for the radio, they may have trouble filling the role, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a poor coverage.

Im sorry if i offended you, but i am not going to say the coverage of the GRFL is good when it is sub standard.

I don't know Ben Carter, don't like having a go at people I don't know, but it really is a pretty ordinary write up. I remember him earlier on in the year trying to make a point about Hay, and how their accuracy in front of goal could see them over the line against Ultima (I think it was, round 4) because they had managed 23:15 at 65.2%, while Ultima in front of goal were only scoring at 49.8%, having kicked 41:42 in the same time... Ben, a bit of research might indicate that although Hay are kicking straight (ish) they are having 30+ goals scored against them regularly. And for the sake of interest you want to talk the games up, but lets call a spade a spade, Hay are ordinary. Not going to win a game for the year, which is unfourtunate, but shit happens. Its dissapointing after a good game of footy to go the back pages of the Northern Times, or the Gaurdian and read the GRFL write up, because it wastes valuable seconds.

What do you want mate.......match of the round televised after the sunday footy show. At least Kieth and Darryl have a go at it, if they did'nt, it would be even worse. I bet you still buy a copy of the Northern Times to see whats in there...........and besides, its the GRFL mate not the AFL.

What do you want mate.......match of the round televised after the sunday footy show. At least Kieth and Darryl have a go at it, if they did'nt, it would be even worse. I bet you still buy a copy of the Northern Times to see whats in there...........and besides, its the GRFL mate not the AFL.

And then if that happened, games would probly only be on fox anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back