Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents: After being away for most of the week with Foxtel commitments it seems to have got a little bitchy on the broadcast?

I am not sure if the pressure is getting to some of our participants or the thought that the end is nigh might be making some a little cranky?

Nully to touch up the Swannies by 6 goals
Bombers at home will be a little too strong
Blues over the Tiggies by 8 goals
Ultima over a wonded Lion by 4 goals
Saints to have a rest.

Will a shock result happen to mix it up a little for the race for the four?
The same for me

Well what an interesting round. Moula's still got a slight pulse. If it wasn't for a nulli boundary ump that paid 2 free's for centre square infringments, that gave nulli goals, the swannies would have been home. It's a joke. Just hope the ump can sleep at night.

Lads, my tips for the weekend and predicted BOG

Wakool in an upset over Wandella........Kearney BOG
Ultima to beat Hay........n condelly BOG
Murrabit to win, but wont be as easy as last time.....n hein BOG
Nullawil far too strong for moula.....g smith BOG

Have the wheels fallen off NULLY?

Who Cares about seconds any way? this seems to be the general feel around the league. R the senior players just getting BIG heads?

mate his a moula player so he may as well play seconds in any decent team any way! he isn't really in the position to be picking on any one

Keith may think the four is set, but I'm not so sure. Here's how I see the run home for the contending side's for fourth spot.

Wakool
Macorna - Win
Murrabit - Loss
Bye
Nullawil - Loss

Moula
Hay - Win
Quamby - Win
Ultima - Win
Bye

Quamby
Ultima - Win
Moula - Loss
Wandella - Loss
Macorna - Win

Macorna
Wakool - Loss
Nullawil - Loss
Hay - Win
Quamby - Loss

Therefor Wakool finish with 34 points, Moula 34, Quamby 28 and Macorna 24. Going to come down to percentage. Some big games ahead: Wakool vs Macorna, Moula vs Quamby and Wakool vs Nulli. I know this may upset some of you, but I think Moula will scrape in. Go Swannies!

Macorna officially now known as Australias wettest town.What a bunch of ****ing cheats:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Get your facts right idiot. The request to water the ground came from the league because the umpires complaind the ground was to hard at the last home game which was 3 weeks prior. We were told it was a safety issue and it had to be watered even though we have very little water left and we may need it at the end of the year.

Don't the Murrabit boys like a physical game of footy in the slop. Personally I quite enjoy a scrap in the mud.

Get your facts right idiot. The request to water the ground came from the league because the umpires complaind the ground was to hard at the last home game which was 3 weeks prior. We were told it was a safety issue and it had to be watered even though we have very little water left and we may need it at the end of the year.

Don't the Murrabit boys like a physical game of footy in the slop. Personally I quite enjoy a scrap in the mud.

wasnt there 30 points of rain on tues? why would it need more water? since when does the league inspect grounds on friday nights (which was stated by the macorna coach after the game)? and if so why would you absolutely saturate the ground and make it a bog heap? doesnt make sense.:thumbsdown: especially if your running out of water.

you didnt even get in the mud messenger, to busy running up and down the boundary:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasnt there 30 points of rain on tues? why would it need more water? since when does the league inspect grounds on friday nights (which was stated by the macorna coach after the game)? and if so why would you absolutely saturate the ground and make it a bog heap? doesnt make sense.:thumbsdown: especially if your running out of water.

you didnt even get in the mud messenger, to busy running up and down the boundary:D

The sprinklers were put on for 20min, the water just sat on the surface. The guy that watered it was told later that 5 min would have been plenty. But when your told to water your ground you have to do it.

Wasn't that you I came across why I was jogging the boundry Brewery? Could of sworn I saw you polishing the pine there at one stage.;)

The sprinklers were put on for 20min, the water just sat on the surface. The guy that watered it was told later that 5 min would have been plenty. But when your told to water your ground you have to do it.

Wasn't that you I came across why I was jogging the boundry Brewery? Could of sworn I saw you polishing the pine there at one stage.;)

the groundsman would of known how much water to put on before it was a bog heap wouldnt of he. obviously if the league tells you to water it you have to but fair suck of the sav! i would of thought you would try to soften it up during the week not on friday night. and i would of thought the rain on tues would of done the job.

it may have been me on the pine, i spend a bit of time on there. was talking to jonny doyle and he was very impressed with your boundary running, he said you just have to work on your turns a bit:thumbsu:
personally i would of had you a bit closer to goal and let someone else be the decoy.
you blokes playd the conditions very well

the groundsman would of known how much water to put on before it was a bog heap wouldnt of he. obviously if the league tells you to water it you have to but fair suck of the sav! i would of thought you would try to soften it up during the week not on friday night. and i would of thought the rain on tues would of done the job.

it may have been me on the pine, i spend a bit of time on there. was talking to jonny doyle and he was very impressed with your boundary running, he said you just have to work on your turns a bit:thumbsu:
personally i would of had you a bit closer to goal and let someone else be the decoy.
you blokes playd the conditions very well

I've been working on my boundary running, I am yet to master the Johny Doyle leap and turn that he does so well while doing his boundary duties. It was a shame he had the central job on the weekend I was looking forward to a few center square infringements being call but we didn't get a single one.

Senior Premiers: Murrabit
Senior Runners Up: Wandella
VCFL Medal: Simon Morton
The Ladder: Mur, Wan, Nul, Wak, Quamby, Moula, Macorna, Ult, Hay
League B&F: Luke Maher
Runners Up: Glenn Smith
Leading Goalkicker: Nathan Henry (100)
Rookie: Depends who is eligible... Millard or Arron Amith
Season to remember for: Marcus DeMaria's flag waving
Season to forget for: Moulamein.... enough said...
Reserves Premiers: Nullawil
Reserves Runners Up: Wandella
The Ladder: Nul, Mur, Wan, Mac, Wak, Quam, Moul, Ult, Hay
League B&F: Sam Keith...
Runners Up: Someone from Murrabit
Leading Goalkicker: Tony Doran will kick a few...

I bloody agree, it was bloody stupid why they waterd the ground, I think players would of played on a bit harder surface than that wet boggy ground it was. Or they should chage the groundsman who did it. The ground was just coming back good from all the last rain they had. Oh well but thats just the way it went i suppose...

I'll think you'll find murrabit's record in the wet is quite good. 3 wet games, 3 comfortable wins.

Keith may think the four is set, but I'm not so sure. Here's how I see the run home for the contending side's for fourth spot.

Wakool
Macorna - Win
Murrabit - Loss
Bye
Nullawil - Loss

Moula
Hay - Win
Quamby - Win
Ultima - Win
Bye

Quamby
Ultima - Win
Moula - Loss
Wandella - Loss
Macorna - Win

Macorna
Wakool - Loss
Nullawil - Loss
Hay - Win
Quamby - Loss

Therefor Wakool finish with 34 points, Moula 34, Quamby 28 and Macorna 24. Going to come down to percentage. Some big games ahead: Wakool vs Macorna, Moula vs Quamby and Wakool vs Nulli. I know this may upset some of you, but I think Moula will scrape in. Go Swannies!

Agree, with Can Play, not sure what Keith has been sniffing but the Swannies are back in the hunt! Who would have thought that percentage will probably come into play at the end of the year now with the draw earlier in the year?

Who would have thought that the Swannies would get two points let alone almost a win?

Big game for the Hawks this week against the Tiggies, Hawks lose, Hawks gone? Not sure if the Saints can get over the Swannies at home?

May come down to percantage and the Swannies play Lions, Ultima and Saints. May come down to how much of a percantage boost the Swannies can get in these games?

Well what an interesting round. Moula's still got a slight pulse. If it wasn't for a nulli boundary ump that paid 2 free's for centre square infringments, that gave nulli goals, the swannies would have been home. It's a joke. Just hope the ump can sleep at night.

Would u like to comment on a few centre ball ups that occured in the last quarter mate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back