Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the finals just round the corner, what are peoples thoughts on the Grand Final venue?? Just personally, I think it should be at Riverside but that is just me.
What are peoples thoughts on other finals venues, Wakool, Quamby and Macorna. With specific finals yet to be assigned one would imagine that the Second Semi will be held at Wakool as they are currently likely to be involved in the first semi and possibly the prelim. First semi at Macorna and Prelim at Quamby for mine.

Having the Grand Final at Kerang is only good due to the neutral positioning! When at the Granny, the crowd is dead an there is no atmosphere at all! Didnt even have a stretcher there last year!! Its just no good havin it as the GRFL grand final venue

What was Wandella vs Wakool final score on the weekend boys?Paper listed Wakool today as 0.0.

The Herald Sun listed all the U17 scores instead of the ones.

Home TeamvAway TeamMoulamein 13.13 (91) vNullawil 13.13 (91) Wandella 21.17 (143) vWakool 16.12 (108) Macorna 9.7 (61) vMurrabit 12.19 (91) Ultima 22.23 (155) vHay 10.18 (78) Quambatook 0.0 (0) vBye 0.0 (0)

There you go champ.

Well what an interesting round. Moula's still got a slight pulse. If it wasn't for a nulli boundary ump that paid 2 free's for centre square infringments, that gave nulli goals, the swannies would have been home. It's a joke. Just hope the ump can sleep at night.

Why does it matter if he is from Nully, if it is there you have to pay it. People never like the centre square infringement, but most of the time it is there. It's not hard to stay behind the line until the ball is thrown up. Not called that much because kids are usually doing the boundary (which is another issue altogether!). I reckon he would sleep pretty well, it's just footy, not the end of the world! I would think you would have bigger issues going on in your life than a boundary decision.

The Herald Sun listed all the U17 scores instead of the ones.

Home TeamvAway TeamMoulamein 13.13 (91) vNullawil 13.13 (91) Wandella 21.17 (143) vWakool 16.12 (108) Macorna 9.7 (61) vMurrabit 12.19 (91) Ultima 22.23 (155) vHay 10.18 (78) Quambatook 0.0 (0) vBye 0.0 (0)

There you go champ.
Thank you:thumbsu:

Why does it matter if he is from Nully, if it is there you have to pay it. People never like the centre square infringement, but most of the time it is there. It's not hard to stay behind the line until the ball is thrown up. Not called that much because kids are usually doing the boundary (which is another issue altogether!). I reckon he would sleep pretty well, it's just footy, not the end of the world! I would think you would have bigger issues going on in your life than a boundary decision.

Obviously words coming from someone who has never seen Johnny Doyle boundary umpire :D

What are peoples thoughts on other finals venues, Wakool, Quamby and Macorna. With specific finals yet to be assigned one would imagine that the Second Semi will be held at Wakool as they are currently likely to be involved in the first semi and possibly the prelim. First semi at Macorna and Prelim at Quamby for mine.

shouldnt they pick the best grounds for the finals? cant see how murrabit dont have a final...probably has on of the best surfaces in country vic and the facilities are tip top too:thumbsu:

The moula fella chased his opponent in there, but they paided it against moula. It's always going to be an issue unless all the umps are neutral, and that's not going to happen.

The moula fella chased his opponent in there, but they paided it against moula. It's always going to be an issue unless all the umps are neutral, and that's not going to happen.

Thats not true mate! I was standing on the point of the square at the time it happened, was clearly in! Ran in on his own, didnt go chasin any nully blokes in there!

How do you know that, I thought most players are watching the ball up at that point not watching if other players are infringing on the square.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres always gunna times where people think what if in a drawn game, for example what about the 3 times the central (paid umpire) didn't even throw the ball above the ruckmans head and moula got them all to advantage and also got 3 goals. I think you will find what goes around comes around. Don't blame umpires for your what if's.

Agree, with Can Play, not sure what Keith has been sniffing but the Swannies are back in the hunt! Who would have thought that percentage will probably come into play at the end of the year now with the draw earlier in the year?

Who would have thought that the Swannies would get two points let alone almost a win?

Big game for the Hawks this week against the Tiggies, Hawks lose, Hawks gone? Not sure if the Saints can get over the Swannies at home?

May come down to percantage and the Swannies play Lions, Ultima and Saints. May come down to how much of a percantage boost the Swannies can get in these games?
This is surely one of the best years this league has seen for a while what a pisser

Theres always gunna times where people think what if in a drawn game, for example what about the 3 times the central (paid umpire) didn't even throw the ball above the ruckmans head and moula got them all to advantage and also got 3 goals. I think you will find what goes around comes around. Don't blame umpires for your what if's.
i think can play maybe trying to point out that if you are doing the boundary, goal, central what ever be honest and consistent dont have a one eyed view we all want our sides to win but at the end of the day if they get into finals through dodgie decisions it wont help them at finals time, we all know that and no I'm not making comment on umpires to much they got a tough job to do call it as you see it but be consistent

shouldnt they pick the best grounds for the finals? cant see how murrabit dont have a final...probably has on of the best surfaces in country vic and the facilities are tip top too:thumbsu:

The finals are on a rotation so each club gets a final every 3 years. Wan, Mur and Mac share one. Quam, Ult and Nully and Moula, Wak and Hay share one. I think it is a pretty good system and it's a lot fairer than some leagues. I spoke to somebody from the league about this and if they had the power to choose grounds for finals they would pick Mur, Wan and Mac or Quam because they are the closest to Kerang and it guarantees them a good crowd. I can't see other teams in the comp liking that idea.

The finals are on a rotation so each club gets a final every 3 years. Wan, Mur and Mac share one. Quam, Ult and Nully and Moula, Wak and Hay share one. I think it is a pretty good system and it's a lot fairer than some leagues. I spoke to somebody from the league about this and if they had the power to choose grounds for finals they would pick Mur, Wan and Mac or Quam because they are the closest to Kerang and it guarantees them a good crowd. I can't see other teams in the comp liking that idea.
Good crowds is only a easy excuse to keep the final in KERANG can they honestly expect the people in the league to believe that they wont get a good crowd to the granny if it was held somewhere else eg Swanhill ( Swan hill being around the same distance for a lot of the clubs as Kerang) of course you will get the crowd everyone makes an effort to see their side play in the big one. Oh thats right they get the crowd from Kerang crap its only our clubs at the finals Kerang are in the CMFL and feel they are above us. The takings should be filtered through the towns in our league which Kerang are not, through service stations shops etc reaping some reward for the town holding the final, as we know the canteen etc are shared by different clubs each year.:thumbsdown:

Good crowds is only a easy excuse to keep the final in KERANG can they honestly expect the people in the league to believe that they wont get a good crowd to the granny if it was held somewhere else eg Swanhill ( Swan hill being around the same distance for a lot of the clubs as Kerang) of course you will get the crowd everyone makes an effort to see their side play in the big one. Oh thats right they get the crowd from Kerang crap its only our clubs at the finals Kerang are in the CMFL and feel they are above us. The takings should be filtered through the towns in our league which Kerang are not, through service stations shops etc reaping some reward for the town holding the final, as we know the canteen etc are shared by different clubs each year.:thumbsdown:

Kerang isnt above you or better than you. You are another one who continues the "Us Vs Them" mentality, why do you do it. Time to get over it, move on, i did years ago.

Kerang isnt above you or better than you. You are another one who continues the "Us Vs Them" mentality, why do you do it. Time to get over it, move on, i did years ago.

kerang would have to have the best surface to play on in the district as well, and the facilities are above all GRFL grounds so as sam kekovich says you know it makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back