Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny12 said:
I will tell ya's all this arren did take it as a loss and knew he got beaten snaps form boundary or not but arren was first to put his hand up for the job knew it was gunna be tough and admitted it was but know one else put there hand up he didn't have to be asked twice on ya arren:thumbsu: :)

yeh good job arron

Bushy45 said:
yeh good job arron
Harvey has kicked 10 or more on a lot older more experianced campainers than arren smith, and he will continue to do it. Good try arren, better luck next time, hopefully grand final day. It was two weeks ago anyway, lets move on.:thumbsu:

I have seen Wakool twice this year and have yet to see Nullawil. Interesting to note that Harvey and Thorpe are 1 and 2 on the goalkicking with about 70 and 65 apiece yet Nully have 1 guy on about 35. Stating the obvious, but Nully have more points for than Wakool indicating far more goalscoring options, which could decide the GF. You would imagine that if Nully can control 1 of these guys they win and if they control both well they shyte it in. Of course if both fire then Nully might be in strife. Thoughts.

Russ74 said:
I have seen Wakool twice this year and have yet to see Nullawil. Interesting to note that Harvey and Thorpe are 1 and 2 on the goalkicking with about 70 and 65 apiece yet Nully have 1 guy on about 35. Stating the obvious, but Nully have more points for than Wakool indicating far more goalscoring options, which could decide the GF. You would imagine that if Nully can control 1 of these guys they win and if they control both well they shyte it in. Of course if both fire then Nully might be in strife. Thoughts.
On the weekend Murrabit kept them to three a piece, must be there lowest score between them for the year yet Wakool still got up, and I definately wouldnt be discounting Murrabit for a charge at the flag. From what I have seen, if Wakool get there leaky backline sorted then its going to be good contests throughout the finals.

champ said:
On the weekend Murrabit kept them to three a piece, must be there lowest score between them for the year yet Wakool still got up, and I definately wouldnt be discounting Murrabit for a charge at the flag. From what I have seen, if Wakool get there leaky backline sorted then its going to be good contests throughout the finals.

Yeh Wakools 4ward line structure seems very limited although is the amount of people that got it in teh 4ward line didnt chip 2 harvey or Thorpe everytime i think that they would have many more goal scorers than just the two

Nackas said:
Yeh Wakools 4ward line structure seems very limited although is the amount of people that got it in teh 4ward line didnt chip 2 harvey or Thorpe everytime i think that they would have many more goal scorers than just the two

Murrabit are a big shot at the flag. Last years premiers that have a good mix. No superstars but a good mix with finals experience. If Henrey fires they are a big shot. Especially if they can get passed Hay (i reckon hay will finish 4th), which will be difficult, they will have a home prelim.
Something will have to be done about that. Cannt have a home final, especially with the league playing the GF in Kerang so that this doesnt happen. Any thoughts..

nogood said:
Murrabit are a big shot at the flag. Last years premiers that have a good mix. No superstars but a good mix with finals experience. If Henrey fires they are a big shot. Especially if they can get passed Hay (i reckon hay will finish 4th), which will be difficult, they will have a home prelim.
Something will have to be done about that. Cannt have a home final, especially with the league playing the GF in Kerang so that this doesnt happen. Any thoughts..

i know that the loddon valley switch finals to different venues if a team is going to have a home ground advantage. i don't think this is a good idea as clubs put a lot of time into organising to host a final and to have it switched, a week before the match, would/could cost them money and cause more headaches than it's worth. also to switch finals would mean the club that was to host the final will lose revenue from the bar, bbq, canteen etc and we know how hard it is for clubs to raise money. also if a team has to blame a final's loss on home ground advantage then they aren't obviously good enough to be there in the 1st place because good sides can win at any ground

Trent the flight Steward said:
He played with the bombers in 2002, which i beleive he was restricted by injury for the first half of the year, played through the middle, now getting a bit older i believe he has done a riccutio gone forward, also likes to be known as the P-Train or Dr J. I hear he has been training with Werribee to get fit for next years return
I've noticed the talk of the J-Train circulating through the crowds at recent games with people excited about the coming football season. People can only hope that someone of the likes of Harvey can stay one more year and go head to head with a former star of the comp. Is anyone able to fill us in on some more info about the new Wandella recruit? It would be a major coup for not only the club but the GRFL

nogood said:
I beleive COl Magnussen is back with Murrabit, i would think he would be able to keep Thorp quiet, but is murrabits midfield up to keeping up with wakools, and i think murrabit will play wandella in the first final, which will be a tough task to get past with wandella foot speed. If wandella play poodle morris on harvey, i think he is the best equiped player in the league to play on harvey, loves a challenge of player on the best forward, as he has shown in lowering Dorans colours over the years, and i think scratcher should be able to hold thorp, my time nully V wandella final nully by 6 goals
Dicko league b&f

I beleive COl Magnussen is back with Murrabit, i would think he would be able to keep Thorp quiet, but is murrabits midfield up to keeping up with wakools, and i think murrabit will play wandella in the first final, which will be a tough task to get past with wandella foot speed. If wandella play poodle morris on harvey, i think he is the best equiped player in the league to play on harvey, loves a challenge of player on the best forward, as he has shown in lowering Dorans colours over the years, and i think scratcher should be able to hold thorp, my time nully V wandella final nully by 6 goals
Dicko league b&f

Dorans not the player to look out for. Cant see the Bombers getting over the Hawks. Hawks in the big one against....dont want to look to far ahead:thumbsu:

behind_post said:
I've noticed the talk of the J-Train circulating through the crowds at recent games with people excited about the coming football season. People can only hope that someone of the likes of Harvey can stay one more year and go head to head with a former star of the comp. Is anyone able to fill us in on some more info about the new Wandella recruit? It would be a major coup for not only the club but the GRFL
that match up would certainly bring people flocking out to the game, what a mouth watering match up, The J-Train would have to showcase his defensive skills not sure if his up to it

that match up would certainly bring people flocking out to the game, what a mouth watering match up, The J-Train would have to showcase his defensive skills not sure if his up to it

May i ask who is The J-trains name is?

Anybody get the Guardian today. Near the front. Rockets letter to the editor RE: His response to being sacked. Makes for some interesting reading. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet.

Thoughts???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HappyDayz said:
Anybody get the Guardian today. Near the front. Rockets letter to the editor RE: His response to being sacked. Makes for some interesting reading. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet.

Thoughts???

Haven't got the Guardian yet mate. Can you please tell me a few things he wrote?

Russ74 said:
Haven't got the Guardian yet mate. Can you please tell me a few things he wrote?

Basically he stated that he was sacked for his behavior in the Macorna game, and for taking drugs pre match (currently legal proceedings), and that it was a unanimous decison (which he disputes).
In his defence he gave his account of the game. Said he had given away 2 free kicks and a 50m penalty, which he then took himself off due to team rules. On his way back to the bench he got into a verbal stouch with Macorna supporters hecciling him from the fence. He stated that Macorna had said they had no problems with his actions.
Also said the drugs he was accused of taking were really painkillers for a broken finger.
He also got stuck into the comittee, naming a few as basically incompitent and having a grudge against him from the beggining because he had asked more from them. Also brought up the fact that the club had delibrately played about 7 unregistered players under false names etc.

HappyDayz said:
Basically he stated that he was sacked for his behavior in the Macorna game, and for taking drugs pre match (currently legal proceedings), and that it was a unanimous decison (which he disputes).
In his defence he gave his account of the game. Said he had given away 2 free kicks and a 50m penalty, which he then took himself off due to team rules. On his way back to the bench he got into a verbal stouch with Macorna supporters hecciling him from the fence. He stated that Macorna had said they had no problems with his actions.
Also said the drugs he was accused of taking were really painkillers for a broken finger.
He also got stuck into the comittee, naming a few as basically incompitent and having a grudge against him from the beggining because he had asked more from them. Also brought up the fact that the club had delibrately played about 7 unregistered players under false names etc.

Wasa good read, although it was very interesting to find that his respect for the Moula footy club has gone out the window. I liked his piece on the drugs also, i had heard many rumours about the fact that he was taking drugs b4 matches and was good 2 get the truth?!? Also i dont think that it was the wisest move to go on about the unregistered players, must really have it in 4 them!!

Nackas said:
Wasa good read, although it was very interesting to find that his respect for the Moula footy club has gone out the window. I liked his piece on the drugs also, i had heard many rumours about the fact that he was taking drugs b4 matches and was good 2 get the truth?!? Also i dont think that it was the wisest move to go on about the unregistered players, must really have it in 4 them!!

Earlier on this thread I was sceptical about the persona of the man and today has confirmed it for me with the comment about the unregistered players, sounds like a bad case of sour grapes.
One thing in his defence though as I read the letter in the paper is that i do believe he was trying to change the culture and on field behaviour of a club that maybe wasn't ready for him and is still stuck in its ways and not ready to progress because not everybody is pulling in the same direction (some committee members he was referring to).

locallegends said:
who r the best young guns in the golden rivers league?
Lachy O'Toole Ultima
Lachy Gleeson Wakool
Andy Gleeson Wakool
Jason Maloney Nullawil
Arren Smith Nullawil
Trent Garner Hay
Mick Bott Wandella
Tim Robinson Wandella
Leigh Millard Murrabit
Keiran Thorn Murrabit

nogood said:

murrabit would be a good shot for the flag if they weren't all homosexuals... i believe they are too busy trying to root the opposing players to find the ball... nully will beat wakool in a close encounter.. wandella have no hope coz they all love the c o c k too.. also trent garner from hay is a dud. also arren smith is no good when the pressure is on. jason maloney is really ugly and will probably never find a wife. shane hutchins is just really old looking and should go and live by himself away from everyone so we don't have to look at his face... cheers guys, love from steamroller#6

clifton's lookalike said:
Earlier on this thread I was sceptical about the persona of the man and today has confirmed it for me with the comment about the unregistered players, sounds like a bad case of sour grapes.
One thing in his defence though as I read the letter in the paper is that i do believe he was trying to change the culture and on field behaviour of a club that maybe wasn't ready for him and is still stuck in its ways and not ready to progress because not everybody is pulling in the same direction (some committee members he was referring to).

i believe there are two sides to every story and if one is put out to the public, both should. rocket went a little low with the unreg thingy, but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. don't publically bag people if you can't handle repurcussions. nobody knows the real truth, perhaps it should have been kept in house, as lies mean the same as the truth in the paper to most.:(

behind_post said:

How old is the J-Train?
I don't recall a long raking left footer running around at bomber-land in 02'. Was Fredo's pillow bitter buddy Cam SPENCER coaching at bomber land in season 02'?
I can't recall the club having a league superstar running around in 2002.
I'll take a punt and say the J-TRAIN is Jason GREENWOOD. :)

richard cheese said:
How old is the J-Train?
I don't recall a long raking left footer running around at bomber-land in 02'. Was Fredo's pillow bitter buddy Cam SPENCER coaching at bomber land in season 02'?

i think the j-train, whoever he or she is, is the 1 pumping their own tyres up on this website

richard cheese said:
How old is the J-Train?
playing today cheesey?:thumbsu:

DOCKERS said:
murrabit would be a good shot for the flag if they weren't all homosexuals... i believe they are too busy trying to root the opposing players to find the ball... nully will beat wakool in a close encounter.. wandella have no hope coz they all love the c o c k too.. also trent garner from hay is a dud. also arren smith is no good when the pressure is on. jason maloney is really ugly and will probably never find a wife. shane hutchins is just really old looking and should go and live by himself away from everyone so we don't have to look at his face... cheers guys, love from steamroller#6
You are an absolute t o o l. Gain some abilty, loose some weight and then maybe you can sledge other players. You are a disgrace and an embarrassment to the ultima football club. You and a few others out there need to pull your head in and concentrate on playing football. Its just a shame ultima can only talk the talk and not walk the walk these days. sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back