Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the Appin Vet reference and wanted to chime in quickly to let you know I saw Appin play a match @ Appin once, presumably 1980s, when I was in my early teens.

The ground was in a swamp or something! I can hardly remember it, but it was well off the beaten track.

Anyhoo, just wanted to pipe up while the thought was in my head. Play on ....

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Just saw the Appin Vet reference and wanted to chime in quickly to let you know I saw Appin play a match @ Appin once, presumably 1980s, when I was in my early teens.

The ground was in a swamp or something! I can hardly remember it, but it was well off the beaten track.

Anyhoo, just wanted to pipe up while the thought was in my head. Play on ....

Just near a swamp actually Mob boy, played on the swamp monster himself one day years ago and kicked a few sausage rolls. He was pretty undisciplined that day kicking left foot torps out of defence!:thumbsu:

PARROT9 said:
Just near a swamp actually Mob boy, played on the swamp monster himself one day years ago and kicked a few sausage rolls. He was pretty undisciplined that day kicking left foot torps out of defence!:thumbsu:

As the old adage goes...

The older you you get the kick more goals you kick. As for the undisciplined comment, I think someone is jealous becos the only spirals you see from Parrot9 is when he is having pasta. Geez Mr. Come-back-a-meter looked after you mate!!

As for the Appin oval, it was one of the better grounds to wear elbow and knee pads on. They eventually found another use for ice out there and Vaseline was at a premium. Parrot9 must have been playing on the great 'Horse' Graham that fateful day. Can't remember him kicking many left foot torps though...

Apparently Tim Donahue and Cade Davidson may be making their way back to Hay next year! Would be a couple of handy recruits.

Scratch said:
Apparently Tim Donahue and Cade Davidson may be making their way back to Hay next year! Would be a couple of handy recruits.
who's coaching hay next year scratch? Has Learmonth moved on?
Any news on coaching appointments and reappointments at other club?

iamfooty said:
Who cares...the J-Train...sounds like a rap artist, not a footballer...I think GRFL fans could spend their time better by keeping and eye and ear out for some of the struggling clubs and who they are recruiting. I'm talking about the likes of Quamby and Moualmein...the latter in particular opening up the chequebook for season 2007.

Names that have been rumoured to be heading that way include enigmatic Woorinen star Ryan Tierney, Kane Bannam (coach), Michael "Spear" Kelly and reports suggest they have offered Tyntynder youngster Josh Jenkins an absolute packet to head out that way.....

Quamby are lining up a senior footballer from the Central Murray league to coach them next year, and I'm not talking about Marcus "I'm gonna be Quamby president" Demaria either. Talk is if they can get this premierhsip player to coach, he may be able to bring a few with him.......

Watch this space........:thumbsu:

I am still watching this space big fella, but nothing is happening

Scratch said:

and word has it gashy is on his way back to play full time after a stint with the bendigo bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it will be good to see young smithy back at Nully next year, will be interesting what recruits he can bring to the club. Maybe his brother Scott from Horsham way maybe making the journey, very good footballer, played in Boga's last premiership with Glenn. Would be a good sight all the smith boys playing together

Just heard on the grape vine the Bombers may be gaining some depth with some of the old fold coming back to wreak some havoc. The recruitng committee have been busy indeed. Congrats fellas!!
Chum did a great job with many of the 2005 Seconds Premiership team playing Seniors most of last Season. To make the Finals was monumental.

Appin Vet said:
Just heard on the grape vine the Bombers may be gaining some depth with some of the old fold coming back to wreak some havoc. The recruitng committee have been busy indeed. Congrats fellas!!
Chum did a great job with many of the 2005 Seconds Premiership team playing Seniors most of last Season. To make the Finals was monumental.

Yes they still had their top quality players this year though, so they were always going to be competitive.

I believe Bellenger is returning as well as Nathan "J-train" Johns with a few mates? Truth in this Parrot?

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Yes they still had their top quality players this year though, so they were always going to be competitive.

I believe Bellenger is returning as well as Nathan "J-train" Johns with a few mates? Truth in this Parrot?
i'm pretty sure that the j-train is not nathan johns

Daryl Somers said:
Yes it will be good to see young smithy back at Nully next year, will be interesting what recruits he can bring to the club. Maybe his brother Scott from Horsham way maybe making the journey, very good footballer, played in Boga's last premiership with Glenn. Would be a good sight all the smith boys playing together

Yeah mate, would be super 2 have a year with us boys all together, although wont help being the dudd of the group thats 4 sure!! Somehow cant see Scott makin the trip ova from Horsham to GRFL territory every week 2 play footy! But again, would be super!!!

facts_rite said:
Yeah mate, would be super 2 have a year with us boys all together, although wont help being the dudd of the group thats 4 sure!! Somehow cant see Scott makin the trip ova from Horsham to GRFL territory every week 2 play footy! But again, would be super!!!

If you were pressured, how would you rank your brothers?
(As you can feel, I am applying pressure.)

Appin Vet said:
If you were pressured, how would you rank your brothers?
(As you can feel, I am applying pressure.)

I will rank them for you AP,

Rylee
Glenn
Scott
Brett
Arren

As you can see the best one hasn't even pulled on the boots yet, but is hard to rank them when each one has their own attributes. Glenn is quick and flashy, Scott is hard and determined, Brett can drink and loves too and Arren is only just starting to find his feet. One thing for sure they can all play the game.

Appin Vet said:
Apart from Smith being added to your already imposing roster, who else may be donning the Maroon jersey this year?
Where is Bode heading to??

I suppose Bode will be heading to one of the Deni clubs, he has had several offers as you would expect with someone as good as he is. its too early to tell who maybe donning the Maroon jersey for 07 but with Smith as coach it is sure to get some interest from his mates that play down the Bendigo way. the biggest thing at this point is to hold onto the players we already have.

Daryl Somers said:
I will rank them for you AP,

Rylee
Glenn
Scott
Brett
Arren

As you can see the best one hasn't even pulled on the boots yet, but is hard to rank them when each one has their own attributes. Glenn is quick and flashy, Scott is hard and determined, Brett can drink and loves too and Arren is only just starting to find his feet. One thing for sure they can all play the game.

Feeling ratha harshly delt by there even Rylee polling higher than us, hahah but thats pretty accurate. Dont know how u could split Brett, Scott and Glenn but yeah, u have!!! But notta bad effort will give u that one.

River Raiders u say Spoons?? S#*t ey, good on Bodey I say, fantastic footballer and great coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back