Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent the flight Steward said:
is richie ''moves well"Murray going to moula, i know that is grandfather was a team of the century member, i hear that they have signed a non playing senior coach in Russell Jefferey who has spent time at the senior post at the marong panthers, leading their revival up the ladder, i believe richie and russ are very close after richie trained with the pumas for the two years he spent in bendigo, other close associates of murray are considering the move up on to the edwards, including the shock that his brother was seen running around kerang last week was this in a biad to get fit or was his house out of beer?

You must be clearly suffering from Cataracts or some other vision problems. Running you say...you my friend are a blatant liar!! Buddha hasn't ran since the Wandella Cup 2004. Faded quickly on that occasion as well. Stamina seems to be displayed at the bar more often these days.

about time the golden rivers returned to page 1. whats news:

Wakool- apparently got money again not sure what they'll spend it on.
Nully- lost bode, hogan, hardman, atkin? gained G Smith, anyone else?
Murrabit - haven't heard.
Wandella - Talking to a few, bellenger back, Dickson to Kerang?
Hay- keeping their eyes and ears open.
Ultima- resigned Condely and Lawry.
Quamby - Mcintyre, talking to a few others, need them and more.
Macorna- Is pellagino back? Mitrovic.. gone quiet.
Moula- lots of rumours, little substance.

care to enlighten us anyone?

super snooper said:

Yeah Atkin will be playing at Nully, but will miss 4 or 5 games throughout the year. Hardman is not really thinking footy at the moment, still waiting for his arm to come right so he can work. But has told other clubs speaking to him that he is a Nully player, and if he plays anywhere next year it will be at Nully. Bode and Hogan have gone though.

Footy Tripper said:
Yeah Atkin will be playing at Nully, but will miss 4 or 5 games throughout the year. Hardman is not really thinking footy at the moment, still waiting for his arm to come right so he can work. But has told other clubs speaking to him that he is a Nully player, and if he plays anywhere next year it will be at Nully. Bode and Hogan have gone though.
Big call for benji to travel from deni by him self. good on him.

super snooper said:

Kerang always chase local talent but can't get them for some unknown reason. Could you blame them for cahsing a bloke of Greg's talent. Mitrovic eh?? Could be a coup for the 2-heads.

Appin Vet said:
Kerang always chase local talent but can't get them for some unknown reason. Could you blame them for cahsing a bloke of Greg's talent. Mitrovic eh?? Could be a coup for the 2-heads.
Would love to see dicko pull on the navy blue gurnsey again in 2007, is a class act and would be good to showcase his talent in the major league, as south bendigo never gave him a proper go, after a couple of years in kerang im sure he could go out and coach the bombers

When did Dicko ever pull on the navy blue garb of the Kerang footy club???
To my knowledge has only been to 2 clubs. That being Wandella and South Bendigo. It would be sad to see Greg go to Kerang but his football will be better off. Has the skill and stamina to be a real force. Having said that, Kerang need to get a tough in and under to make the most of Gregs attributes. Much like Coates and co. he doesn't try to be anything he isn't. I mean, you won't see Dicko busting through brick walls.

Appin Vet said:
When did Dicko ever pull on the navy blue garb of the Kerang footy club???
To my knowledge has only been to 2 clubs. That being Wandella and South Bendigo. It would be sad to see Greg go to Kerang but his football will be better off. Has the skill and stamina to be a real force. Having said that, Kerang need to get a tough in and under to make the most of Gregs attributes. Much like Coates and co. he doesn't try to be anything he isn't. I mean, you won't see Dicko busting through brick walls.
Dicko played on permit for thblues juniors acouple of times as well as going up north to play in darwin, agreed though if kerang lose filo they will need some mature tough bodies in the centre to help their running brigade

facts_rite said:
Heard from a rather reliable source 2day that Simon Ettershank is heading back 2 his home town of Murrabit next season?? Can anyone clarify or deny this???

Well if true, it will bolster their backline which was depleted with Josh Bray's Knee injury.
What's the latest on him, anyone know?...
Coaching again?
Playing Again??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just say that Tierney isn't the only player Wandella are pursuing. Heard the Bombers are looking to thier rich abundance of talented thirds from 5 or 6 years ago. Imagine that, 22-23yr olds with the mateship, and love for the club, all playing for the one goal. Tantalising isn't it??
Hancock may even pull the boots back on for a cameo...

Appin Vet said:
Let's just say that Tierney isn't the only player Wandella are pursuing. Heard the Bombers are looking to thier rich abundance of talented thirds from 5 or 6 years ago. Imagine that, 22-23yr olds with the mateship, and love for the club, all playing for the one goal. Tantalising isn't it??

"Imagine" is the key word. there was talk of this last season, but didn't evenuate. Is very hard to get all your ex locals back at the one time.

Appin Vet said:

AV Hancock well over 23, what names would fall into that age bracket?

McNeil, Lancaster, Pay, Laidlaw????

TEE-R-OTTER said:
AV Hancock well over 23, what names would fall into that age bracket?

McNeil, Lancaster, Pay, Laidlaw????

A little jest with the Hancock reference. Sorry about that. McNeil, Lancaster, Pay and Laidlaw, along with Blake Anderson would make anyone dribble. Even throw a fit Travis Smith in the mix and you have quite a pool of talent.
McNeil wouldn't travel as he is over near Wangaratta. But the others I would love to see them in Wandella colours again. Only speculation as you have pointed out. Fair wish list though.

Appin Vet said:
A little jest with the Hancock reference. Sorry about that. McNeil, Lancaster, Pay and Laidlaw, along with Blake Anderson would make anyone dribble. Even throw a fit Travis Smith in the mix and you have quite a pool of talent.
McNeil wouldn't travel as he is over near Wangaratta. But the others I would love to see them in Wandella colours again. Only speculation as you have pointed out. Fair wish list though.
Vet Wandella have been pissing into the wind for years now,it wont be much different next year ,by the way appin was one of the biggest****holes to play on in the league.

savagedog said:
Vet Wandella have been pissing into the wind for years now,it wont be much different next year ,by the way appin was one of the biggest****holes to play on in the league.

too true savage. wandella hav been ****ting in their hands and rubbing it in thier own faces 4 too long now. appin vet u r a tosser

It is official...Kick_it_to_me and Savagedog are the next Mike Sheehan's. It will be great to hear the banter that you will no doubt enthrall us all during 2007. Biggest pair of Rimjaws getting about in cyberspace. Cheers Aussie Sims!

It is official...Kick_it_to_me and Savagedog are the next Mike Sheehan's. It will be great to hear the banter that you will no doubt enthrall us all during 2007. Biggest pair of Rimjaws getting about in cyberspace. Cheers Aussie Sims!

Well you all had plenty to say about wakool all season whats happend no comment wakool still kicking goals there race horse has won 3 out of 3 and the sheep races had a huge crowd in attendance they are looking very good for 2007

Sorry Meehan, I follow Wandella. Not to say that I didn't blow my trumpet for Wakool this season (end of it anyway). Just had a soft spot for the Hawks as they have been pushing it uphill for a few seasons now. I also would like to see a revival from Moulamein FC as well. Nobody likes to see one sided affairs every second Saturday. We need an even competition, simple as that. Or we just won't have one in the end.

Well you all had plenty to say about wakool all season whats happend no comment wakool still kicking goals there race horse has won 3 out of 3 and the sheep races had a huge crowd in attendance they are looking very good for 2007

Sorry Meehan, I follow Wandella. Not to say that I didn't blow my trumpet for Wakool this season (end of it anyway). Just had a soft spot for the Hawks as they have been pushing it uphill for a few seasons now. I also would like to see a revival from Moulamein FC as well. Nobody likes to see one sided affairs every second Saturday. We need an even competition, simple as that. Or we just won't have one in the end.
hi there appin vet if hancock making a comback any chance of u pulling a jumper on again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back