Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
facts_rite said:
In all fairness 2 Wade he is a great player, but is just carrying a bit of excess weight and will b interesting to see just how he goes on the man. Yeah tru, Harvey is a class act. Arren Smith will get the first crak @ him and has been unda strict instructions of that if he can keep him 2 4 goals then its a win for the team! We will c how the boys like a good piece of competition, shoud b a ripsnorta of a game!!!

Absolutely awesome effort by Nully, 91 point belting of the "UNTOUCHABLES". Did Arren Smith play on Harvey all day? - 10 goals in a side beaten by this margin is quite remarkable!!

super snooper said:
can someone provide some details about the Nully Wakool game. have the hawks self destructed?

Had the pleasure of watching this game. Was a good game if you are a Nullawil supporter. Arren Smith played on Harvey all day and although he got 10 he did a pretty good job. Harvey kicked 5 or 6 with left footed snap shots from the boundary that no one else in the golden rivers would even attempt. He obviously is a class act. Stayed in the forward line all day even in the 2nd qrter when nullawil had all of the play and kicked 10 or 11 goals. THought he might of moved up the field. Very hostile local crowd that wernt very happy with their melb recruits performance and attitude. From the side lines there was quite alot of b itching between players.

So how did Nully beat them? In the middle, up forward, down back?
did Wakool allow too much room to the Nully playmakers?
What were the key match up's, where did parker play?

super snooper said:
So how did Nully beat them? In the middle, up forward, down back?
did Wakool allow too much room to the Nully playmakers?
What were the key match up's, where did parker play?

How did they beat them lets be honest and have a stab at this one. They S H I T on them pretty much every where across the board. Harvey flogged his opponent and 4 or 5 lucky snaps from the boundary, one is lucky two maybe a fluke but 4 or 5 maybe too good.Key match-ups not too hard a champion team VS. a team of champions.... If Wakool think things might get easier.....................................................................
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

PARROT9 said:
How did they beat them lets be honest and have a stab at this one. They S H I T on them pretty much every where across the board. Harvey flogged his opponent and 4 or 5 lucky snaps from the boundary, one is lucky two maybe a fluke but 4 or 5 maybe too good.Key match-ups not too hard a champion team VS. a team of champions.... If Wakool think things might get easier.....................................................................
I see wandella had a good win mate. Any secrets or just good footy?

PARROT9 said:

I didnt say Harvey had lucky snaps from the boundary. He knew what he was doing and he has the skill and class to do it. I reckon the Nullawil coaching staff and bench would rather see him get the ball there rather than 30m out directly in front.Harvey was beaten on the lead on 5-6 occasions by his oppenent. He didnt have it all his own way. He obviously had a great game but the way he was going he would of kicked 14-15 on anyone else. Just from on onlookers point of view. In saying this the crowd would rather see him kick them from the boundary than directly in front. He is a class above anyone else. He could cause some problems for his opponent IF they make it to the grand final on the Kerang ground.

Enough about Wakool, we wern't good enough on the day, simple as that.
I'm interested in the result out at Ultima, must have been a good contest all day judging by the scores. A little birdy tells me a costly mistake in the dying minutes in the quamby goal square determined the result. Can you confirm or elaborate on Happy Dayz or Telstra?

September said:
Enough about Wakool, we wern't good enough on the day, simple as that.
I'm interested in the result out at Ultima, must have been a good contest all day judging by the scores. A little birdy tells me a costly mistake in the dying minutes in the quamby goal square determined the result. Can you confirm or elaborate on Happy Dayz or Telstra?

September, im sure that if the result had of been reversed you would be on here scouting about how you guys have one hand on the premiership cup and how good you all played. You sound like alot of your players played on the weekend. When the goings good everyone is on board and going well but when the going gets tough everyone shuts up and goes missing. From the grand stand you guys wernt only not good enough you didnt seem to give a s hit either. Didnt chase or give a yelp when Nullawil had a crack. Wakool had a bad day but you still have to face the fact Nullawil played pretty well.

nogood said:
September, im sure that if the result had of been reversed you would be on here scouting about how you guys have one hand on the premiership cup and how good you all played. You sound like alot of your players played on the weekend. When the goings good everyone is on board and going well but when the going gets tough everyone shuts up and goes missing. From the grand stand you guys wernt only not good enough you didnt seem to give a s hit either. Didnt chase or give a yelp when Nullawil had a crack. Wakool had a bad day but you still have to face the fact Nullawil played pretty well.
Have a look through all my posts d i c k h e a d , i have not boasted about our chances at any point, Nully were simply too good. Doesn't change the fact that you need to pull your head in

September said:
Have a look through all my posts d i c k h e a d , i have not boasted about our chances at any point, Nully were simply too good. Doesn't change the fact that you need to pull your head in

Im not a nullawil supporter just giving my opinion on what i saw on Saturday.

nogood said:
I didnt say Harvey had lucky snaps from the boundary. He knew what he was doing and he has the skill and class to do it. I reckon the Nullawil coaching staff and bench would rather see him get the ball there rather than 30m out directly in front.Harvey was beaten on the lead on 5-6 occasions by his oppenent. He didnt have it all his own way. He obviously had a great game but the way he was going he would of kicked 14-15 on anyone else. Just from on onlookers point of view. In saying this the crowd would rather see him kick them from the boundary than directly in front. He is a class above anyone else. He could cause some problems for his opponent IF they make it to the grand final on the Kerang ground.

Had the chance of experiencing Harvey in full flight there satdy and the man is a dead set freak and a class above the GRFL! He did kik 5 - 6 from the boundary but also got 2 easy goals from the goal square and also got anotha paid that went strait thru the points so he was pretty skillful and the man is just class!! Was interesting to note that Thorpe cracked the sads majorly when Humphreys was getting the better of him!!!! Have never seen someone carry on that much in my life.

yeah was a great game.. nerve racking at end thats for sure. yeah there was a mistake made but wont go into that, we had more opportunities to finish the game but couldnt. Missed easy goals all day, but two bad ones, big dan demaria seems to have been watching Ben Ditterich take set shots from the goal square, and missed, and Tim Free put one out on the full from 25 out when we needed a goal. Shawn Lawry is a gun, played brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

facts_rite said:
Had the chance of experiencing Harvey in full flight there satdy and the man is a dead set freak and a class above the GRFL! He did kik 5 - 6 from the boundary but also got 2 easy goals from the goal square and also got anotha paid that went strait thru the points so he was pretty skillful and the man is just class!! Was interesting to note that Thorpe cracked the sads majorly when Humphreys was getting the better of him!!!! Have never seen someone carry on that much in my life.

Glad you seen the game and can reflect on Harvey as from what ive been told was a brilliant display from a team that didnt want to play and thus the huge loss. According to a few ppl Thorpe had very good reason to act the way he did and Humphries knows all about the reason why as do the Nullawil players and im sure he is suffering from it inside his head. Aparently he is lucky not to have an ivestigation to deal with.

Tassie Devil said:
Glad you seen the game and can reflect on Harvey as from what ive been told was a brilliant display from a team that didnt want to play and thus the huge loss. According to a few ppl Thorpe had very good reason to act the way he did and Humphries knows all about the reason why as do the Nullawil players and im sure he is suffering from it inside his head. Aparently he is lucky not to have an ivestigation to deal with.

Well having been standing alongside Humphreys for pretty much most of that day i can verify that nothing was said and that it may have been a tactic 2 get 2 Humpheys' nerves becoz of the bath he was receiving! I was there the hole time and heard no slurs! I just find it hard 2 believe that if he did say it then y didnt Thorpe belt him there and then ratha than go in @ halftime not saying a word then coming out afta the break with this yarn! Fair dinkum thats nothing to joke about these days and knowing Humphreys would never say a thing like that! I just hope that the wakool boys undastand that nothing was said and there neva will b any hard feelings i hope??

facts_rite said:
Well having been standing alongside Humphreys for pretty much most of that day i can verify that nothing was said and that it may have been a tactic 2 get 2 Humpheys' nerves becoz of the bath he was receiving! I was there the hole time and heard no slurs! I just find it hard 2 believe that if he did say it then y didnt Thorpe belt him there and then ratha than go in @ halftime not saying a word then coming out afta the break with this yarn! Fair dinkum thats nothing to joke about these days and knowing Humphreys would never say a thing like that! I just hope that the wakool boys undastand that nothing was said and there neva will b any hard feelings i hope??

along what lines or what has allegedly supposed to have taken place?

Talking to a bloke from Moula and he said the reason for the belting was because the Geelong boys didn't make the the trip to Hay and were left high and dry. from reports 11 reserves players ended up fielding the side. So the score is some what easy to understand.... :thumbsu:

Has anyone heard similar information?

Bowser said:
Talking to a bloke from Moula and he said the reason for the belting was because the Geelong boys didn't make the the trip to Hay and were left high and dry. from reports 11 reserves players ended up fielding the side. So the score is some what easy to understand.... :thumbsu:

Has anyone heard similar information?

Bring back rocket!!:thumbsu:

guys how boring is this
why dont you make a top ten list of best netballers in the league
Does Mandy Laidlaw still play for wandella she would be contender

As for thorpe who cares he is too old and should retire, he didnt get a kick in the 2nd half of the year when he was at the raiders and that was years ago

Trent the flight Steward said:
guys how boring is this
why dont you make a top ten list of best netballers in the league
Does Mandy Laidlaw still play for wandella she would be contender

As for thorpe who cares he is too old and should retire, he didnt get a kick in the 2nd half of the year when he was at the raiders and that was years ago
Mandy is no longer playing netball out at bomberland, has returned to uni to further her career aspirations. On her day, Mandy was very good on and off the court.

I don't know 10 netballers in the league let alone name a top 10

September said:
Mandy is no longer playing netball out at bomberland, has returned to uni to further her career aspirations. On her day, Mandy was very good on and off the court.

I don't know 10 netballers in the league let alone name a top 10
\

mandy's off court performances this year have been amazing so i hear from a number of ballarat boys. haha

gault said:
\

mandy's off court performances this year have been amazing so i hear from a number of ballarat boys. haha
She's at uni in Bendigo, but would't surprise me if she has expanded her horizons

was talking to a bloke that is in the know out at ultima and there seems to be some concern about whether they old rooboys are going to be able to field a side towards the end of the season with a fair few senior footballers carrying season ending injuries with only 3 games to go.... can anyone confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back