Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nackas said:
Now to another issue that no doubt needs to be addressed. Murrabit will line up in the 1st semi against eitha Wandella/Hay. If Murrabit is to be victorius then will have the beauty of a home ground advantage in the Preliminary final. I know that people will say that the best team should win no matter where the game is played, but surely all favours in finals footy need 2 b eliminated???? Any thoughts??

i don't believe there is such a thing as a home ground advantage, except for in hay's case, where they maybe a little worse away and a touch better at home.. if murrabit does win, then they will be playing either nully or wakool, which have both beaten them at murrabit this year, thus no home ground advantage... plus it is their turn for a final, let them have it

DOCKERS said:
i don't believe there is such a thing as a home ground advantage, except for in hay's case, where they maybe a little worse away and a touch better at home.. if murrabit does win, then they will be playing either nully or wakool, which have both beaten them at murrabit this year, thus no home ground advantage... plus it is their turn for a final, let them have it
Murrabit beat Nullawil by a point at home in round 1.

On a regular size oval with a good surface like murrabit, i don't beleive there is an advantage. I dont think teams dread travelling there like they would travelling to... lets say Macorna.

:D
super snooper said:
Murrabit beat Nullawil by a point at home in round 1.

On a regular size oval with a good surface like murrabit, i don't beleive there is an advantage. I dont think teams dread travelling there like they would travelling to... lets say Macorna.

No way Macorna is great, Especially when you fall is Cow S H I T:D

Bowser said:
:D

No way Macorna is great, Especially when you fall is Cow S H I T:D

Macorna's ground has its advantages over the rest of the comp though. For example, if the league was to expect a huge turn out for a final they could simply hire a bulldozer and flatten the whole town to create more car space. :D

There is talk on the Central Murray thread that Simon Morton is all set to coach the raiders next year, that could be unsettling for the Murrabit boys before a big finals campaign.:D

champ said:
Was reading the Guardian today and wasnt there some explosive comments made by the Wandella coach. "OBVIOUSLY, our big win today is going to make it hard for them (Hay)." And then super snooper does the math and tells us that the final four is not stitched up just yet, maybe chum got the wrong info after the game at macorna. To me a 100 points to 60 points win to the lions is not out of the question, espiecially up there. Any thoughts on the article.
P.S I believe that the bombers are the better side, just trying to drum up some conversation.:thumbsu:
If the Bombers beat Hay all this talk is irrelevant. Should be an interesting finals series whatever happens.

Bowser said:
Well if the Shane Harvey goss is true it will be great for the GRFL. Other guns in the league are few and far between, but you can't go past Tim Triplet (Blues), the Hewit brothers from Nulli and Justin Condely and Luke Wilson from Ultima.

i went to the nully game on saturday i very disapiont about effort with the so called gun paddy rogers playing as a sheep dog

jimmyboy said:
There is talk on the Central Murray thread that Simon Morton is all set to coach the raiders next year, that could be unsettling for the Murrabit boys before a big finals campaign.:D
I dont think any of the sides involved in the finals would be too concerned about next season. Bode is rumoured to be leaving, there is talk of whelan returning to K-B, doubt too many travellers will return to wakool, etc, etc... but who cares about next season now???

Club B & F's for 2006? Thoughts?

Ultima would have to be Justin Condely, had an ultra consistent year from all reports. Could be a smoky for the medal with his unusually large beak standing out with the umpires....

oooh Didak said:

Ultima would have to be Justin Condely, had an ultra consistent year from all reports. Could be a smoky for the medal with his unusually large beak standing out with the umpires....

Yes you may be a chance Justin, probably get 5 votes in your 2 games against us.:p

Quamby are actually running a tote for the Runner Up in the club B & F to raise money for footy trip shirts (adelaide). Luke Maher is currenty being quoted at 500/1 if anyone wants to take up the offer.

HappyDayz said:
Yes you may be a chance Justin, probably get 5 votes in your 2 games against us.:p

Quamby are actually running a tote for the Runner Up in the club B & F to raise money for footy trip shirts (adelaide). Luke Maher is currenty being quoted at 500/1 if anyone wants to take up the offer.

Yeah i heard a few weeks ago that they had planned to goto Adelaide and that they are also going over the GRFL grand final weekend... is it true that it was planned at about rd4?

oooh Didak said:

Few could be close but you could have a safe bet on each of these i would say.

Nulli - Josh Bode
Wandella - Greg Dickson
Macorna - Stephen Pearce
Wakool - Ice Wehlen
Murrabit - Matt Jackman
Quamby - Luke Maher
Ultima - Justin Condely
Hay - Fitzpatrick
Moula - Who cares:confused:

roosta07 said:
Yeah i heard a few weeks ago that they had planned to goto Adelaide and that they are also going over the GRFL grand final weekend... is it true that it was planned at about rd4?

It was actually after our loss to Ultima in the night series.:D

On a serious note, it had been booked for AFL G.F weekend. But just b4 the lock in date it was moved fwd 2 weeks to cater for Tim Free's wedding the following week. I think the move was made roughly about the Macorna loss in round 11.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ned kelly said:
i went to the nully game on saturday i very disapiont about effort with the so called gun paddy rogers playing as a sheep dog

paddy rogers is ok boys i wouldnt call him a sheep dog good young lad bit of shane harvey about this boy

Breaking news Kyle Doran coped a broken nose this week could be a major loss to the marones when finials cum around belkived to be getting a operation this saturday

super snooper said:
I dont think any of the sides involved in the finals would be too concerned about next season. Bode is rumoured to be leaving, there is talk of whelan returning to K-B, doubt too many travellers will return to wakool, etc, etc... but who cares about next season now???

Whats going on snope

bing21 said:
Breaking news Kyle Doran coped a broken nose this week could be a major loss to the marones when finials cum around belkived to be getting a operation this saturday

Don't think the Nully under 17's will make the finals so don't think it will be that much of a major loss. He wouldn't even be considered for the second semi if Nully has a full squad, which they should have after having the next two weeks off

Footy Tripper said:
Don't think the Nully under 17's will make the finals so don't think it will be that much of a major loss. He wouldn't even be considered for the second semi if Nully has a full squad, which they should have after having the next two weeks off

What so kyle just has been playing seniors all year and wont even get a gurensy in the Seconds i personally think he will get a gurensy Seniors or seconds. and will be willing to take anyone on and break there nose

Straunchie59 said:
What so kyle just has been playing seniors all year and wont even get a gurensy in the Seconds i personally think he will get a gurensy Seniors or seconds. and will be willing to take anyone on and break there nose

You better get a lawyer son, gonna need a real good one!

Wandella 17 15 (117) def Hay 14 17 (101)
Wakool 24 14 (158) def Macorna 10 7 (67) Harvey 13
Moulamein 22 14 (146) def Ultima 19 17 (131)
Murrabit 32 13 (205) def Quambatook 12 10 (82) Henry 10

apparent wakool best n fairest results
1st shane harvey 68
2nd jono doyle 42
3rd matty graham 37

these results cant be confirmed as its just the word of mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back