Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nackas said:
I couldnt help but notice that Jason Pickering polled well early, is he the so called "J-Train"??
i thort everyone must have forgotten about the j-train. have not heard anything from the wandella locals as to whether he will be pulling on a jumper. but i can give u all some great news since talking to the great one recently, it is true about recommencing he's career there. so watch out for the wandella boys next year. he'd be a sure thing to create an impact much similar to harveys this year

behind_post said:
i thort everyone must have forgotten about the j-train. have not heard anything from the wandella locals as to whether he will be pulling on a jumper. but i can give u all some great news since talking to the great one recently, it is true about recommencing he's career there. so watch out for the wandella boys next year. he'd be a sure thing to create an impact much similar to harveys this year

So the J-Train is...

Chris Judd :eek:

or maybe

Jason Johnson, Mark Johnson, Courtney Johns??

Impact similar to Harvey.... Doubtful unless it is one of these...

TEE-R-OTTER said:
So the J-Train is...

Chris Judd :eek:

or maybe

Jason Johnson, Mark Johnson, Courtney Johns??

Impact similar to Harvey.... Doubtful unless it is one of these...
the J train is julian lake?

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Ok we have established that the J-train is Julian Lake....

So now who da **** is Julian Lake?:confused:
the j-train is not julian lake, as stated in earlier posts!!!

i don't even think he has played at wandella before

behind_post said:
the j-train is not julian lake, as stated in earlier posts!!!

i don't even think he has played at wandella before
The J-Train is not lakes, the J-Train spent the the year 02 at bomberland managing only 6 games through injury i hear he is keen to repay the club, has been training the house down with frankston in the VFl where his cousin plays

Is the J-train Jemaul O'Neil??

Is it Jeremy Dean??

Is it Jester Prendergast??

Is it Jarrod Phelan??

Is it Julian Pollard??

It can't be James Gillies because he is still at Wandella...

The suspence is killing me!!

Appin Vet said:
Is the J-train Jemaul O'Neil??

Is it Jeremy Dean??

Is it Jester Prendergast??

Is it Jarrod Phelan??

Is it Julian Pollard??

It can't be James Gillies because he is still at Wandella...

The suspence is killing me!!
Lets hope to god its not Julian Pollard, i wouldnt be surprised next time i see him to be in a wheelchair as his body has fallen apart finally

Good guessing vet, it has to be julian Pollard.

Now that we have resolved that, lets discuss the grand final that is only two days away.

Will the wide expanses of riverside park suit Nully or Wakool? Nully have played in 4 grand finals at the venue, while Wakool haven't even trained there. Can be a tricky ground to play too, usually windy and unusually large.

Can Nully recover from two solid hit outs, and cover the injuries to Hardman and Parker? Korp will return, and maybe Tony Doran my slot in as well. Wakool on the other hand will be at full strength, but perhaps short of a run? Not a lot of training goes on out Wakool way (or Melbourne way).

Is it possible to win a premiership without complete team unity and harmony? Normally i would say no, but Wakool may be the first to do it.

Shall be a battle of the midfield and forwards with both side boasting average defensive units. Nully's back half contains Humphries and Barbetti who are both very good stoppers, but otherwise lack depth, class and a suitable match up for Harvey. They will need a plan to combat harvey, not like the second semi, when they played mediocre opponents on him and gave them no support. Whoever gets the job will need help from another defender (or ruckman) who zones off and plays the third man up role.

Wakools defence is probably worse. Doyle holds them together, Carroll is ok, but the rest are only just. Hobson on Hewitt is a no no, and wheatly is the most unaccountable back flanker to play the game. Nully need to get a dangerous player on wheatly and hurt him on the scoreboard.

So it comes down to who wins the pill in the midfield, coz whoever does will score and score heavily. Nully's midfield had a bad day two weeks ago, but were much better last week. Still didn't dominate the stoppages as they usually do though, with B Smith being tagged out of it and Bode not clearly winning taps. Wakool need to watch the Bode/ Smith combination. Parker needs to stop playing like a lady, and run hard, and if he does that Nully's midfield looks complete.

Wakool were excellent out of the centre at Ultima. They rotated their onballers of the bench with good effect and won the overall battle. Pollock rucked well, although bode should give more opposition this time around. Nully need to limit the amount of ball that whelan wins, coz every touch he gets is quality. Kearney is also a good ball winner and may warrant attention.
Nully probably still have the edge in this department... just.

All that said, still not sure who will win. should be a ripper, Maybe Harvey swings me to say Wakool, but don't be suprised if the Hawks self destruct.:thumbsu:

How many Wakool players that will be actually playing this weekend will be at training tonight. My guess is 10. I hope im wrong, what a great grand final training it would be if this was true.

champ said:
How many Wakool players that will be actually playing this weekend will be at training tonight. My guess is 10. I hope im wrong, what a great grand final training it would be if this was true.
Harvey, Graham, Wheatly, Thorpe, Harrison, Beattie, Carroll, Thompson, Schollar, Smith, Kearney all travel, plus pretty sure that lashbrook and gleeson are away at uni. So 10 on the track would be a good result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

super snooper said:
Good guessing vet, it has to be julian Pollard.

Now that we have resolved that, lets discuss the grand final that is only two days away.

Will the wide expanses of riverside park suit Nully or Wakool? Nully have played in 4 grand finals at the venue, while Wakool haven't even trained there. Can be a tricky ground to play too, usually windy and unusually large.

Can Nully recover from two solid hit outs, and cover the injuries to Hardman and Parker? Korp will return, and maybe Tony Doran my slot in as well. Wakool on the other hand will be at full strength, but perhaps short of a run? Not a lot of training goes on out Wakool way (or Melbourne way).

Is it possible to win a premiership without complete team unity and harmony? Normally i would say no, but Wakool may be the first to do it.

Shall be a battle of the midfield and forwards with both side boasting average defensive units. Nully's back half contains Humphries and Barbetti who are both very good stoppers, but otherwise lack depth, class and a suitable match up for Harvey. They will need a plan to combat harvey, not like the second semi, when they played mediocre opponents on him and gave them no support. Whoever gets the job will need help from another defender (or ruckman) who zones off and plays the third man up role.

Wakools defence is probably worse. Doyle holds them together, Carroll is ok, but the rest are only just. Hobson on Hewitt is a no no, and wheatly is the most unaccountable back flanker to play the game. Nully need to get a dangerous player on wheatly and hurt him on the scoreboard.

So it comes down to who wins the pill in the midfield, coz whoever does will score and score heavily. Nully's midfield had a bad day two weeks ago, but were much better last week. Still didn't dominate the stoppages as they usually do though, with B Smith being tagged out of it and Bode not clearly winning taps. Wakool need to watch the Bode/ Smith combination. Parker needs to stop playing like a lady, and run hard, and if he does that Nully's midfield looks complete.

Wakool were excellent out of the centre at Ultima. They rotated their onballers of the bench with good effect and won the overall battle. Pollock rucked well, although bode should give more opposition this time around. Nully need to limit the amount of ball that whelan wins, coz every touch he gets is quality. Kearney is also a good ball winner and may warrant attention.
Nully probably still have the edge in this department... just.

All that said, still not sure who will win. should be a ripper, Maybe Harvey swings me to say Wakool, but don't be suprised if the Hawks self destruct.:thumbsu:
Well snooper l think you are wrong most of the wakool side have played in kerang remember there are four players from the winning u17 side that are playing in the GF.I think that you should get off this site your comments are wrong on all fronts

champ said:
I made the effort to drive from melb to wakool i counted 27 players training and they have only got one team playing in the GF Was all of nully training havent they got players living in melb that travel as well

meehan said:
Well snooper l think you are wrong most of the wakool side have played in kerang remember there are four players from the winning u17 side that are playing in the GF.I think that you should get off this site your comments are wrong on all fronts
Does four players equal the majority of the side meehan?:thumbsdown:

Does it matter where the players come from?? Still wearing the same jumper. As for the harmony of the Wakool side, it didn't prove the case when the 2 sides met a fortnight ago. Who kicks 8 goals to zip in the last quarter of a 2nd Semi and not be in harmony with each other.

super snooper said:
Does four players equal the majority of the side meehan?:thumbsdown:
Not getting too involved with this one but the following have played at Kerang that i know of.
Thompson, Pollock - Kerang
Thorpe, Harrison & 2 Whelans -Barham
Doyle, Loomes, Gleeson, Lashbrook, Lahy, McNaul - Under 17's GF's
Thomson, Hobson, Carroll - have attended previous GF and know the ground.
The ground should not make the difference as to me the winner will be the team who plays better on the day.This has been the case every time they have played so far and I can't see it changing. (although it does assist Nullawil due to it being an East - West ground the same as their ground) There is no clear favourite in this one. Even the injuries to Nullawil means nothing due to their strong player base in the 2's.

meehan said:
I made the effort to drive from melb to wakool i counted 27 players training and they have only got one team playing in the GF Was all of nully training havent they got players living in melb that travel as well

Yes Meehan I made my way to Nully last night and they had a healthy 44 on the track, but you would expect that with two teams in the Granny.

Also have noticed that a lot of people who were on this site before the 2nd semi pumping Wakool's tyres up aren't saying anything this week. They were obviously all players that have been told to keep off this site...would that be a fair assumption???

Tassie Devil said:
Not getting too involved with this one but the following have played at Kerang that i know of.
The ground should not make the difference as to me the winner will be the team who plays better on the day.This has been the case every time they have played so far and I can't see it changing. (although it does assist Nullawil due to it being an East - West ground the same as their ground) There is no clear favourite in this one. Even the injuries to Nullawil means nothing due to their strong player base in the 2's.

''Will the wide expanses of riverside park suit Nully or Wakool? Nully have played in 4 grand finals at the venue, while Wakool haven't even trained there. Can be a tricky ground to play too, usually windy and unusually large.''

Well pointed out Taz. maybe a poorly researched comment by myself, just posing the question though. Good to see some respone.

So we have determined that the venue won't be a deciding factor.:thumbsu:

Tassie Devil said:

Hobson has also played in 2 senior finals for murrabit on the Kerang ground.

What does everyone think about the umpires who will be doing the games tomorrow?

Peter H & Lefty - Seniors
Brian & Brent H - Seconds
Mick & Geoff - Thirds

From what i have seen this year i thought maybe young Brent Howden could have been in the mix for the senior game

LENNY69 said:
What does everyone think about the umpires who will be doing the games tomorrow?

Peter H & Lefty - Seniors
Brian & Brent H - Seconds
Mick & Geoff - Thirds

From what i have seen this year i thought maybe young Brent Howden could have been in the mix for the senior game
Brent Howden is average, his old man much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back