Golden Rivers FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
super snooper said:
Lenny your creditability just took a severe blow. thomson was magnificent in the dying stages, taking two consecutive saving marks, but did little else and and was far from BOG.

can you honestly tell me that thomson had greater influence on the game than harvey, kearney, doyle, etc, etc.

what do others think?

Have to agree with you snoop, thomson was lucky to receive the medal, he did struggle all day to find a match up that suited him, he may have even moved forward at one stage??

However, he did take two marks in the last quarter and the quarters being so long and the heat and all, the umpires may have forgotten who played well throughout the day?? :p
Just like they forgot to blow the whistle on a few occasions.:thumbsdown:

Clearly Harvey was best on ground(and in the air and body on body) he was the difference between the teams simple...

from what i hear nully have spent more money than wakool, i hear nully went out and baught more players after wakool beat them early on in the year. i hear the umpires were shocking and that they let nully back into the game.
super snooper said:
Best grand final in recent memory. looked to be all over at half time, but nully staged a brave comeback. last quarter was sensational, looked like nully were going to come over the top, but wakool ralled with two goals against the flow.

umpires must have been disillusioned by the heat to award thomson BOG. what a mockery of a highly coveted award. there was a host of great players from both sides. the candidates would be kearney, harvey, or doyle from wakool or hogan and hewitt from nully. My pick would be Harvey, because he was the difference, and had the greatest influence on the match.

He is the best player seen in the grfl and manufactures goals from nothing. all wakool needed to do was get the ball in his area, and he was a chance to goal.

well done to wakool, proved to be the best side in the comp. (even if it did cost a cool $125k);)

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Have to agree with you snoop, thomson was lucky to receive the medal, he did struggle all day to find a match up that suited him, he may have even moved forward at one stage??

However, he did take two marks in the last quarter and the quarters being so long and the heat and all, the umpires may have forgotten who played well throughout the day?? :p
Just like they forgot to blow the whistle on a few occasions.:thumbsdown:

Clearly Harvey was best on ground(and in the air and body on body) he was the difference between the teams simple...
great minds think alike trotter:thumbsu:

carntheblue&whitehoops said:
from what i hear nully have spent more money than wakool, i hear nully went out and baught more players after wakool beat them early on in the year. i hear the umpires were shocking and that they let nully back into the game.

un-informed comment hoops. nully did spend money, but no where near as much.

super snooper said:
Lenny your creditability just took a severe blow. thomson was magnificent in the dying stages, taking two consecutive saving marks, but did little else and and was far from BOG.

can you honestly tell me that thomson had greater influence on the game than harvey, kearney, doyle, etc, etc.

what do others think?

I must have been p i s s e d or at the wrong game but it was Jono Doyle who was awarded the VCFL medal for best on ground, not David Thompson. Thommo got an umpires award or something. Harvey and Kearney were clearly the two best on the ground, but Hogan couldn't have been far off. He got about 20 kicks in the last quarter and almost single handedly won them the game. Thank god for a bloke called Harvey hey Wakool fans?...

"We're a happy team at wakooolll........ "
That is correct young Jono Doyle received Best on Ground, Thommo received Umpires award.
Wakool's defence was strong and consistant, so there were 2 worthy winners.
Was a great exciting game in the dieing stages, the best team came through & won.
Definately wasn't a 'wake' as someone previously called it out at wakool on the weekend, there was a club function organised no matter what the result was, with all players planning on attending. And a great turn out there was.
The Wakool locals and community are extremely proud of their efforts this year.
Can only be a big boost for the Wakool FNC for 2007.
GO THE HAWKS!

iamfooty said:
I must have been p i s s e d or at the wrong game but it was Jono Doyle who was awarded the VCFL medal for best on ground, not David Thompson. Thommo got an umpires award or something. Harvey and Kearney were clearly the two best on the ground, but Hogan couldn't have been far off. He got about 20 kicks in the last quarter and almost single handedly won them the game. Thank god for a bloke called Harvey hey Wakool fans?...
Yes you were ****ed thank god nully had hewitt and I will repeat the only reason nully got back inthe game was poor umpiring check free kick count in the last term remember four goals from 50,s

iamfooty said:
thomson got the umpires vote for best on ground.

carntheblue&whitehoops said:

No i dont think so but i have heard that ben parker will be staying on and bode, hardman,atkin and their is a fair chance that parkers brother Sammy will come down as well to play next year.

Congrats to Wakool, Forget about the umpires, Nully probably lost the game during the second quarter when they left Atkin on Harvey (5/6 goals at half time) when he had no idea how to stop him. Interesting that after Atkin went elsewhere Nully started to win more of the ball and Wakool's loose defence started giving up more goals. The umpires giving an award to Thomson is the reason why they don't give out the VCFL medal. Not bad to win an G/F award for a couple good marks, important that they were.
Well done to Nully in the Reserves. I thought with two players going up into the Seniors they might not make it. Murrabit lead 7 goals to 5 at one stage but certainly ran out of petrol tickets after that. Ricky Sheahan didn't win any friends with his antics running into an open goal either.
Hay were just to strong in the thirds and Trent Garner was a worthy winner of the VCFL medal. And the Wandella fourths undefeated all year was a good effort, couple of promising kids running around there

Mallee Mick said:
Tassie, what a great game to watch!!! If you think that Thompson wasn't the best (which he wasn't) who do you think should have got the Medal. Both sides had great players such as Harvey (8.7), Graham and G.Whelan for the Hawks. I thought Hogan (4 goals), Hewitt (6 goals) and B.Smith for Nully. Tassie you played in the game what are your thoughts???
MM wish i was still playing but thats another story.
After finaly getting a look at this DVD of the game, Id say Doyle can hold his head high about his award as he didnt give his oponent's much all day. Yes many other players - Graham, Kearney, Wheatley also but Harvey was again brilliant, not many players can do what he does with ease. Hogan, Hewitt and Smith best for Nulliwil.
Also the Parker issue is very interesting as it clearly shows him jump upwards off the ground at Hobson, with umpire looking at it from close range. Was definately worth a card and the goal not allowed.
Has anyone from other clubs seen it to comment.

meehan said:
Yes you were ****ed thank god nully had hewitt and I will repeat the only reason nully got back inthe game was poor umpiring check free kick count in the last term remember four goals from 50,s

Stick to writing Harry Potter novels!! I was also at the game and remember a set shot on the boundary from Hewitt when he kicked a goal, and Hogan's goal on the run,both in the last quarter, need to go on ?
Facts peanut, not fiction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Russ74 said:
That would be the same Ash Connick who has 2 VCFL medals for best ons in GF's would it Dazza? He has played in about 8 GF's and has played poorly in 3 which are the last 3 and the only one's you've seen. I also saw Bode play a fantastic game when Boga beat Swan Hill in the CMFL granny a few years back. I know both blokes pretty well so unless your record is as good as these 2 maybe pipe down. Your past posts indicate you dont like Bodey, taking cheap shots on here isn't real brave.

i guess i should say sorry there russ, i have only been in the district for about 3 years, came up here from melbourne for work. prob wrong on the connick comment, but stick by saying bode hasnt had gr8 games in finals. not to say he isn't a fantastic player throughout the season, was just saying on my observations that the preassure may get to him in big games

dazza08 said:
i guess i should say sorry there russ, i have only been in the district for about 3 years, came up here from melbourne for work. prob wrong on the connick comment, but stick by saying bode hasnt had gr8 games in finals. not to say he isn't a fantastic player throughout the season, was just saying on my observations that the preassure may get to him in big games

Being a Nully supporter have seen every final over the last 5-6 years. Over the last 3 years Bodey has played 3 bad finals. 2004 granny this years 2nd semi and as we all know saturday's grand final. The other final games he has been best on or close to it. dont forget that he was best on in the prelim at murrabit playing on a fractured foot. Those that watched saturdays game will agree that he looked far from 100%. THat is the opinion of a person close to the nullawil football club.

LENNY69 said:
Stick to writing Harry Potter novels!! I was also at the game and remember a set shot on the boundary from Hewitt when he kicked a goal, and Hogan's goal on the run,both in the last quarter, need to go on ?
Facts peanut, not fiction.
Please go on you for got to mention the ball kicked out on the full by nully thrown back on the ground by someone in the crowd picked up by a nully player and kicked though the goals and the unpire calls allclear hello

niterider said:
Being a Nully supporter have seen every final over the last 5-6 years. Over the last 3 years Bodey has played 3 bad finals. 2004 granny this years 2nd semi and as we all know saturday's grand final. The other final games he has been best on or close to it. dont forget that he was best on in the prelim at murrabit playing on a fractured foot. Those that watched saturdays game will agree that he looked far from 100%. THat is the opinion of a person close to the nullawil football club.
What a **** topic to be talking about we all know he can play footy because he has just won a league medal, the boy can seriously play. Didnt he get best on in a grandfinal at deni. Show a bit of respect to a man that has shown he is a better player than each and every one of you that are playing in the same league.

niterider said:

Yes must agree niterider,
Second semi game was similar to the Gandfinal: limping around and clearly on his mind as he dropped 3-4 marks inside 50 in the last quaer that would have been handy to score off, then cast your mind back to the second semi where he hit the post from the goal line. The pain must have been distracting.
Yet in the Prelim he ran around like a man posessed and played to his true form.
Interesting:rolleyes:

champ said:
What a **** topic to be talking about we all know he can play footy because he has just won a league medal, the boy can seriously play. Didnt he get best on in a grandfinal at deni. Show a bit of respect to a man that has shown he is a better player than each and every one of you that are playing in the same league.

good call there. Bode has been struggling with a foot injury for a number of weeks now, has been playing through the pain almost exclusively unaided. No one is more passionate about footy than josh bode, and noone would be more dissapointed about how the season turned out for the nully team than Josh bode.

Great game by wakool though. Im sure they had their injuries too, but a fit bode, moloney and hardman would have made for an interesting result (not that the actual result wasn't interesting enough)

meehan said:
Please go on you for got to mention the ball kicked out on the full by nully thrown back on the ground by someone in the crowd picked up by a nully player and kicked though the goals and the unpire calls allclear hello

So you have conceded that there was no 4 goals from 50/s in the last quarter and now you come up with this c rap, what next, the umpires came from Nully with a mission to get Nully over the line. Give the Nullawill FC the credit they deserve and stop posting your c rap on this site.P ISS OFF

TEE-R-OTTER said:
Yes must agree niterider,
Second semi game was similar to the Gandfinal: limping around and clearly on his mind as he dropped 3-4 marks inside 50 in the last quaer that would have been handy to score off, then cast your mind back to the second semi where he hit the post from the goal line. The pain must have been distracting.
Yet in the Prelim he ran around like a man posessed and played to his true form.
Interesting:rolleyes:

what are you trying to say TEE?

shagga said:
what are you trying to say TEE?
That both games against Wakool he looked bad, played bad and the reult was bad.
Against Murrabit he ran around with no obvious signs of discomfort, and played well?
Peaked a week too early?

TEE-R-OTTER said:
That both games against Wakool he looked bad, played bad and the reult was bad.
Against Murrabit he ran around with no obvious signs of discomfort, and played well?
Peaked a week too early?

Every game you play is the biggest game of the year, tee. So you play 100% to the best of your ability every week. No point resting yourself in the prelim to save it up for the grand final if your the coach and your team is by no means a certainty to make it to the big one.

Ok Wakool have won, Bode was shocking, we have all had a bash about things. How about who will be moving on and who will be staying at clubs, who's not worth keeping etc. Has anyone got any thoughts on this subject, yes season has just finished but some of us must know some of the talk at clubs.
As I support Wakool will Thorpe and Smith be worth another year as they didn't do much at the end of season. I haven't heard who is staying or going yet.
PS. SS They havent stopped yet from what ive been told and will fire up again in full Saturday night at the presenations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back