Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a Ping G430 5i coming that is closer in loft to my G425 4i. Which means the 4i will be out of the bag and I'm thinking 7 wood. What are you people's thoughts? Of course I could also get a G430 4i as a (cheaper) alternative. I generally hit my irons better than woods/hybrids.
7 wood, is good 👍

My longest is now a 7 iron. Took the bag out for a quick 9 to try the hybrids out the other day. Didn't really know what to do on tricky lies with them. I guess that will take a bit of time to get used after 45 years of using irons. Pared the last 6 holes after a horrendous start so that was positive.
That’s the difficult part. Sometimes an iron is preferable to a hybrid.

Been looking through marketplace and other groups to gauge second hand prices for irons. Am I just way out of touch or are people just taking the piss with what they're asking for 10-15+ year old sets? Looking at anywhere between $400-600 for Taylormade r7s or tour burners.

I'm not looking to buy but am looking to set a reasonable price for a set of r11 irons I'm going to be selling. Even saw some guy on gumtree selling a set for $600 that is in way worse condition and missing a nine iron.

Now I've got even less of an idea than before I started.

Been looking through marketplace and other groups to gauge second hand prices for irons. Am I just way out of touch or are people just taking the piss with what they're asking for 10-15+ year old sets? Looking at anywhere between $400-600 for Taylormade r7s or tour burners.

I'm not looking to buy but am looking to set a reasonable price for a set of r11 irons I'm going to be selling. Even saw some guy on gumtree selling a set for $600 that is in way worse condition and missing a nine iron.

Now I've got even less of an idea than before I started.

The market for selling used clubs must be 10x the size of the demand on the buy side surely. Aside from newbies who is out there buying random second hand clubs.

I second that the prices you see online are crazy.

Still have the Ogio Silencer mate. They've re released the cart bags, but not the carry bags.

Great stuff bicco. Used to rock the silencer like you as well albeit in carry bag form. Enjoyed using it. I feel from memory they’re a bit heavier with the extra rubber lid etc than other models. A younger me had no issue carrying the bag. Now perhaps I will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you go or feel about mix and match accessories and equipment. Do you use exclusively the same clubs and bag assuming your clubs are of the same brand all of them?

Is there a brand you dislike immensely
Mix and match. Callaway driver, TM 3w, Mizzi irons, Titliest wedges, Ping putter. Never owned a Titliest driver which is interesting. They just never tested well with me.

How do you go or feel about mix and match accessories and equipment. Do you use exclusively the same clubs and bag assuming your clubs are of the same brand all of them?

I go with whatever works. It just happens my bag is all titleist except for the putter.

I dislike taylormade and to a lesser extent callaway.

Always blended
Currently
Titleist driver and 3wood
Mizuno irons
Titleist wedges
Scotty putter
Taylor made ball

Mizuno JPX 925 4iron to 9iron plus LW, SW, GW & PW
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 7wood
Cleveland Launcher 5w
Callaway Epic 3wood
TaylorMade Sim2 Max Driver
Odyssey Golf White Hot OG Putter

Currently the 5 iron is not in the bag

Yeah I bought a Taylormade mini Driver, what a weapon of a club. Love it.
Hit a 260 m drive with mine yesterday.
It was an absolute bullet. My playing partner’s couldn’t believe it.
I’m probably using it off 6 tees a round now. Especially if I need accuracy.

My bag gapping at the top ends of my clubs is a bit cooked.

T100s 5i 25deg
Old 712u driving 4i 24deg
3hy 21 deg
3w 15 deg

Thinking of…

Remove 4i
Replace 18 deg hybrid

Or

Remove 4i
Remove 3hy
Replace with high lunching 21deg 7w and an 18deg hybrid

Decisions…might get the 18 deg initially and then think about the 7w