Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought these ASICS spikeless golf shoes on Monday for $95. Drove from Toowoomba to the Gold Coast for the day and bought them from the ASICS DFO store at Harbour Town.
I was there a month earlier and the largest size they had was 12US. I wasn’t going to go into the store but changed my mind and what do you know they had got some size 14’s in.
View attachment 2038765View attachment 2038766

God they are hideous ....

But whatever makes you feel comfortable on the course.

maybe you are of an age, transitioning into lawn bowls. Nice shows to have to transition with

0523Edited_Plate_LLMembers_Navy_01

Enjoying lookling at the Linksmaster aka links legend

True links shoes are very nice and have models to suit people with fat feet.

Which model do you have? I have wide feet and I’ve always wanted to get a pair of the TL shoes.

I’m thinking either the original 1.2 or tour OG?

Which model do you have? I have wide feet and I’ve always wanted to get a pair of the TL shoes.

I’m thinking either the original 1.2 or tour OG?

I cannot stress enough brother, both I have.

OGs are so comfy, had my pairs for a few years. In white only and brown only. In fact i believe i have had around 4 pairs in my lifetime. So good and waterproof. I think its leather all over.

In the 1.2s, I have a blue and white, and the Masters edition one now. I think i may also have a blue and grey one. A synthetic mix. I wear these moreso in winter despite the OGs being more water proof. dunno why. maybe theyre older and less care given.

All of them i wear on the course, for social walking, and with a smart casual outfit for evening events.

Im also giving the Tru all day ripstop V2 a go. A smaller snuggier fit that tends to hurt my feet straightaway. but over time its ok. I have not worn it golfing yet. I do feel its smaller than the OG and 1.2s

I cannot stress enough brother, both I have.

OGs are so comfy, had my pairs for a few years. In white only and brown only. In fact i believe i have had around 4 pairs in my lifetime. So good and waterproof. I think its leather all over.

In the 1.2s, I have a blue and white, and the Masters edition one now. I think i may also have a blue and grey one. A synthetic mix. I wear these moreso in winter despite the OGs being more water proof. dunno why. maybe theyre older and less care given.

All of them i wear on the course, for social walking, and with a smart casual outfit for evening events.

Im also giving the Tru all day ripstop V2 a go. A smaller snuggier fit that tends to hurt my feet straightaway. but over time its ok. I have not worn it golfing yet. I do feel its smaller than the OG and 1.2s

Thanks for the info.

How do you find the sizes matchup to your normal joggers? On TL website they say the sizing runs slightly small. I’m an 11.5 in my joggers so wondering if I go 12/12.5.

Thanks for the info.

How do you find the sizes matchup to your normal joggers? On TL website they say the sizing runs slightly small. I’m an 11.5 in my joggers so wondering if I go 12/12.5.

im loooking at my white OGs now. Its a 8.5. My adidas sneakers are an 8.5. New balance runnners 8.5. So for mine they are true running.

they say the OGs and 1.2s run smaller because they have this sock liner thing in them.

are you able to find a local stockist? if you were in melb you could go to their HQ which is awesome

im loooking at my white OGs now. Its a 8.5. My adidas sneakers are an 8.5. New balance runnners 8.5. So for mine they are true running.

they say the OGs and 1.2s run smaller because they have this sock liner thing in them.

are you able to find a local stockist? if you were in melb you could go to their HQ which is awesome

Nah there don’t look to be any Qld partners. Might just go with 11.5 and hope for the best

Golfbox have some MIURA wedges on sale

Thinking of grabbing a 50 and 56

I’d just buy Vokey tbh at that price point. Miura isn’t what it used to be since it was sold to that American company. They’ve tried to turn it into an American OEM. It’s a shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d just buy Vokey tbh at that price point. Miura isn’t what it used to be since it was sold to that American company. They’ve tried to turn it into an American OEM. It’s a shame.
I have Vokeys now, not sold on em.

Could also be the clown on the end

I have Vokeys now, not sold on em.

Could also be the clown on the end

If you’re like me it’s always the clown on the end mate 😆

Question for mini driver advocates. Do you use it off the deck? I no longer carry a 3 wood, so the two for one aspect is appealing.

People do, imo 4i down to drive is all about preference re your skill set and how you like to play.

Question for mini driver advocates. Do you use it off the deck? I no longer carry a 3 wood, so the two for one aspect is appealing.
I’ve got the callaway mini 11.5 dialled down to 10.5 and the Taylor made mini at 13.5. I have hit them off the deck but don’t tend to very often. My next club down from them is a 2 iron that I love hitting off the deck. If I’m further out than the 200-210m my 2 iron goes I will usually lay up and try play smart and leave myself a good full wedge number that I like (80,90,100m) on long par 5’s. I’d rather be 100m out than 50m out so I can hit a full shot.
The thing with the mini for me is the control I have and confidence any miss hit will not stray far offline.

roughly get 240m from my callaway mini off the tee and 220 from the taylormade; on the fairway 240m down I’ll take every day of the week.

My next club down from them is a 2 iron that I love hitting off the deck. If I’m further out than the 200-210m my 2 iron goes I will usually lay up and try play smart and leave myself a good full wedge number that I like (80,90,100m) on long par 5’s.

I am basically the same. Longest club after Driver is a 2H. Hitting it 205m and straight 80% of the time was more attractive than 3W, which was 225m straight 50% of the time. My home club has two par 5 I can hit with the 2H, and two par 5s I can't hit in 2 with any club, hence ditching the 3W.

Might test drive a Mini, but focus on what it can do off the tee. Anything else will be a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back