Opinion Goodbye 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a disgrace I've seen tonight. I'm not even surprised either.

Undermines my Crocker thread, but then Scott is back and that has worked well.....not. We might still win this sure, but who cares.

Clean the old guys out now - I love them but we need to start again or we will stay totally irrelevant.

It's time to be realistic.

With how our players have been selected, managed, developed and performed - we are just not good enough to win a flag.

Undermines my Crocker thread, but then Scott is back and that has worked well.....not. We might still win this sure, but who cares.

Clean the old guys out now - I love them but we need to start again or we will stay totally irrelevant.

With how our players have been selected, managed, developed and perform - we are just not good enough to win a flag.

When crocks took the reigns 5 years ago he didn't have to answer to anyone he changed the way we played within weeks. He doesn't have that chance this time around with Scott still having a big influence.

Scott is still responsible for this group.

With how our players have been selected, managed, developed and perform - we are just not good enough to win a flag.

Have been calling for weeks now that 2015 is gone, so we should be planning right now for 2016.

we'll drop Maj this week, which is mental.

Be bold North, make an actual decsion not a bullshit placating move that benefits no one long term.

I really want to disagree with your post but you speak the truth and I can't handle the truth. I think we peaked last year. It's like what happened in 2007.

It's time to move on some players. The elder statesmen of the side are great in number but nil in stature. Firrito and petrie have been loyal clubmen but they're done. They've given lots to the club but they're not part of our future. It's time to start playing some young talent. Dumont should start, it's a joke now. I mean, if swallow wasn't our captain would he play? He's just not there were he once was.

Our important posts have completely flopped. Hansens form has gone down the toilet. Thompson has no presence any more. Petrie and Waite are working together like a jug of water funnelled into an electric socket. I don't even care about the useless development of some of our high draft picks. Atley, Mckenzie, mcdonald arent doing it yet. And then there's our skipper. He's not a captain. He's a good role model. But stands for very little. Time to just hand the captaincy over.

its a god dam disgrace but it aint over yet.

easy draw coming up

apparently gastro went through club this week

next week will tellthe story

Today has marked the end of the season, it's not just a lose but to a team that has won just one game.

Time to make changes all over the club from Scott and players, good teams don't do what we did today.

At the start of the season I wrongly rated us based on last year, this just pisses me off.

Time to make JZ captain.

All this talk about attacking the second half of the year seems to be just that... talk!

It starts at the top. There are serious concerns with our game-plan this season. I just don't see the confidence in our ability to defend and more importantly move the ball forward. We've lacked conviction all year. More inconsistent than we have ever been coming off of a Preliminary Finals appearance. I'm genuinely confused.

A win up there tonight would have set us up for a real crack at three Victorian teams over the next month, with one away game against an average Brisbane side in Boomer's 400th. So we rock up and we dish up an insipid performance against the side sitting last on the ladder coming off weeks of turmoil and scandal.

What are we, something like 17th or 18th in kicking efficiency or turnovers this season?

The lack of development from our natural footballers is a concern. Bastinac, a natural footballer. Has stagnated. McDonald, stagnated. The development of others is troubling and the form of our experienced players is sometimes embarrassing. Injuries have hurt, but it doesn't excuse the piss-weak performances and in game drop-offs we have witnessed this season.

We are in a precarious position this season and where we sit as a club with our list.

Very disappointing tonight.

Last edited:
Season was over when Collingwood came back against us in that nightmarish game.

Season was over, right then and there. After that we should have been playing for draft picks.

All this talk of attacking the 2nd half of the season was rubbish. The loss tonight just solidifies that.

We were never a chance to make a dent in the finals after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only good thing that could come of this season is if it means Scott gets sacked.

He has had enough time to put together a list that should be up there week in week out.

Instead we get sprinklings of brilliance in amongst massive piles of shit.

Club will never improve with him at the helm.

Have been calling for weeks now that 2015 is gone, so we should be planning right now for 2016.

we'll drop Maj this week, which is mental.

Be bold North, make an actual decsion not a bullshit placating move that benefits no one long term.

Unfortunately it benefits coaches who'd be on benefits if that didn't have their well paid gigs.
I'd like to see separation between team selection as in no coaches have a say. Goes for drafting as well.

It just stinks. No matter how many times we put in these sorts of efforts, no matter how many times the coaches come out and talk about standards, no matter how many emails the players send to the members talking about how they need to set the tone, we get the same rubbish on a regular basis. Players were ****ing walking around in the first quarter while Gold Coast were running, finding space and putting pressure on. We rely on the short bursts of attacking footy to mask the fact we are a lazy and complacent football side.

There's no on field leadership, no one who regularly stands up and says "I'm not copping this rubbish". An absolute indictment on the playing group and an absolute indictment on the coaching group.

Probably the most embarrassing loss of the Scott/Crocker/Watson era, and there have been a fair few. But hey, I'm sure we'll get Petrie on radio Tuesday talking about how it's up to the players to right the ship. Again.

The late Phil Walsh said something that really stuck with me - the best players don't rise to the top when the going gets tough, rather they revert to their training standards. Which for us is joking around, looking at each other and just being half-assed in general.

A complete ****ing waste of a season.

Season over. Need to start planning for 2016 and beyond. We need a clean out but with few talented kids coming through it ain't going to be easy and will take 2-3 years. The clean out needs to start at the top. Brads has had his chance and we find ourselves in the middle getting well spanked by a side thats won one game. Trouble is who is around that could take over as Coach, I can't think of anyone obvious.

I won't be going to games if the same old group are being picked. I'll just watch on TV where I can turn it off when this type of endeavor is served up.

If only the head honchos would accept this and make the changes needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would require having to admit that signing our coach to a ridiculous extension based off nothing more than faith was a mistake.

Somehow I can't see this happening and that does not bode well for a successful future.

I'm worried that we have developed into the new Richmond mired in a loop of mediocrity of our own creation.

I'm just so gutted at the moment, I'm struggling for positives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Goodbye 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back