Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Adam Goodes offered a reprimand

Wow. Just wow. But what can you expect from the AFL's lovechild.

PS - Sydney now has to leave NSW 3 more times this year from the next 11 games. How that can happen from a one state team i dont know. Its beyond a joke how much the AFL look after these guys. Im sick of it.
Dude your counting do you have any idea where Canberra is?

I also thought that a hip to the head would hardly be low impact. How did they assess this in other similar cases?

A hit to the head is HIGH and is defined in the report.

Impact is how hard the hit is, and given Goodes was traveling at a pretty pedestrian rate, low impact is correct.

People on here are complaining that it is Goodes again. There are many times he should go for these kind of things. This may or may not be one of them, but certainly not one he should have the book thrown at him for.

As someone else said, it is a question of whether it is negligent or reckless. The rest of the report is correct.

Robert Murphy.

Robert Murphy.

Robert Murphy.

No history whatsoever - misses a week of football.

The only difference between Murphy and Goodes was the level of impact.

Could you argue that Murphy hit the Hawthorn bloke with any less force than Goodes did? No, so therefore you can't compare the two outcomes.

DST
:D

i didn't want to say anything, and certainly not get involved with fellow swans fans on this, but this is possibly the most disgraceful penalty inconsistency in recent years

this issue is NOT specifically just about what goodes did, it is what goodes did in terms of what other players with clean records have done and been suspended for in recent weeks

i'm quite stunned, flabbergasted actually

goodes' bump was as lazy as it was undisciplined and stupid, and i fully understand and empathise with all these anti-swans conspiracy theorists over this incident

goodes should not be playing this week

I agree Rancid I was totally prepared to be with out him this week for St Kilda didnt think he would get more than the week with an early plea but thought a week would be justified. I will take it but really see the inconsistency in the MRP this week. Is it the lesser charge because the hit was from the side and not front on? I am just curious!

THe biggest disgrace here was the way it wasnt graded as front on contact.

Every similar incident has been graded as front on contact.

Even the ben McGlynn incident from 2 weeks ago was graded front on

Why the hysteria? Surely this was expected.

This shit is not even funny anymore.

PS - Sydney now has to leave NSW 3 more times this year from the next 11 games. How that can happen from a one state team i dont know. Its beyond a joke how much the AFL look after these guys. Im sick of it.

What an idiotic comment to make.

6 of our first 11 games were away games.

was nothing in it im sick of those being sited.

but there needs to be consistency it needs to be the same for everyone. Other players would get done for it.

Goodes should also know better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A hit to the head is HIGH and is defined in the report.

Impact is how hard the hit is, and given Goodes was traveling at a pretty pedestrian rate, low impact is correct.

People on here are complaining that it is Goodes again. There are many times he should go for these kind of things. This may or may not be one of them, but certainly not one he should have the book thrown at him for.

As someone else said, it is a question of whether it is negligent or reckless. The rest of the report is correct.
Sorry the question is whether it's adam goodes or not is the relevant question. Three times he should've got a week and three times Golden boy gets off. This is bullshit.:mad:

How can you make front on contact with someone when coming from a 45 degree angle to them from the side?

DST

For a level 1 offence it makes no difference whether front on or rough play

Didn't about 3 people go just last week for practically the same thing? Lol.

It was weak, and I would prefer everyone who does this get off, but if some are getting suspensions, so should all.

Sorry the question is whether it's adam goodes or not is the relevant question. Three times he should've got a week and three times Golden boy gets off. This is bullshit.:mad:

He did get a week, but with a guilty plea gets reduced.

It is not important what happened BEFORE, it is about THIS INCIDENT. He does not have carry over points.

Just because he has gotten off charges where you might have believed he was guilty in the past, does not mean he should have the book thrown at him now for this.

Wow. Just wow. But what can you expect from the AFL's lovechild.

You sure the is an F in your surname? Seems like a C is more appropriate.

We had such an easy draw playing the Runner up and Pre Season 2nd Favorite twice in the first 12 rounds.

We also played the Premiers from 2006 but that was an easy one....

C'mon Sydney supporters, i DARE you to defend him.

He is the most protected player in the AFL without doubt. Sydney are the most protected team in the AFL with out doubt. They way the swans play is disgraceful and cowardly. I have no respect for Sydney and nor to most of the football community.

The match review panel are flogs.

cgan1318l.jpg

Excuse is still valid it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes - surely must go this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back